PDA

View Full Version : Battle report II: revenge!

Tutore
14-12-2006, 20:45
It's my second battle report in english, be patient because of the mistakes. Here you are: http://www.tutore.org/warhammer/warhammer.html
There are Elves, there are Dwarves. Click on NEW BATTLE REPORT II on the left.
Enjoy!!

Glorfindel
14-12-2006, 21:13
Bugger my Italian sucks, I can only read the english part :(

edit: nice battle report though, I hope to see more soon, I want to know how the story ends ;)

Tutore
15-12-2006, 06:19
Heh the italian ones are old battle reports, the new one is the last one!

Tutore
16-12-2006, 05:36
Im sad to see there are no other comments! Did anyone else read the report? :cries: :cries:

Rakarth
16-12-2006, 09:18
The battle report was very good indeed, the pictures helped a lot and it was clearly written. Hoping to hear the rest of the story as well.
Only thing I would have wanted was that the unit size could have been made clearer, I think the dwarf once where down to four models but still in the picture the unit was whole, just a though.
Good job and keep the reports coming!

DeathlessDraich
16-12-2006, 10:26
Nice photos!

Some observations:
1) It would have been better to attack the left flank instead of right where the Rangers could have joined in.
2) The Helms/Eagle or character could have been positioned behind the Spearmen to anticipate the gyrocopter's flight and engage it early on in combat.
3) 2 blocks of Spearmen could have moved together to face the dwarven infantry while your cavalry simply lurks in the flanks or move behind enemy lines. The Helms should have supported the combat against the Spearmen after the Spearmen had been charged - You did manage this against the unit on the right but not on the left unfortunately.

Tutore
16-12-2006, 20:33
Thank you both for your comments! Very appreciated!!

Rakart, you are right, it would have been a good idea to resize the units to show the differences from the beginning.

Draich, thank you for advice; I also think I could wait a turn before charging to position the silver helms better. I don't really understand why I didn't let the second unit of spearmen join the battle. However, I took revenge of the dwarves in the second battle!!

lorelorn
17-12-2006, 11:36
it was a good report. I really enjoyed the pictorial representations of the battlefield, to see where everything was, something that can be a bit difficult with photos alone.

I think the dwarfs were always going to struggle in that battle, they just had nothing to challenge the high elves with, nothing to do damage at range. All they could do was shuffle forward and wait to be charged.

I look forward to the next report.

Tutore
17-12-2006, 19:38
I also think my friend opted for many troops in 1000 points, not realising that he lost on competition.