PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Turn

Sherlocko
15-12-2006, 16:49
Okay, donīt shoot me down right away, this is a question wich has bugged me for quite a while. Often in the book it says that some actions affect unit for the duration of the turn, but donīt specify if it is a gaming turn or a players turn. And secondly, does a gaming turn refer to when you go from turn 1 to 2, or when both player have made a turn of there own.

Allow me to demonstrate. speargoblins faces knights. The goblin has the first turn so they move forward. The knights then charge the goblins, who may not strike in a second rank because they have moved earlier that gaming turn. If the knights was the first to move then the goblins could have used the spears because they moved in an earlier turn.

Do you see my problem? And how is one supposed to think of these kind of things.
(another example might be centigors drunken rule wich states it last for the remainder of the turn, so if you get frenzy and have the first turn you will have frenzy in the opponents turn, if he got to move first then you lose the frenzy as his turn begins)

Falkman
15-12-2006, 16:58
A game turn consists of both players turns together.
Both your examples are completely correct, going first or second may impact special rules or spells.

Rikkjourd
15-12-2006, 17:03
We have always played it like a game turn is "this" turn and then the opponents turn after that, no matter who started.... maybe we did it wrong.

Rune of Death
15-12-2006, 17:56
Allow me to demonstrate. speargoblins faces knights. The goblin has the first turn so they move forward. The knights then charge the goblins, who may not strike in a second rank because they have moved earlier that gaming turn. If the knights was the first to move then the goblins could have used the spears because they moved in an earlier turn.

the way we always played it was the spear gobbo's are charged, so they get to fight in two ranks. we went with the player turn not the game turn. maybe we have been doing it wrong.

Falkman
15-12-2006, 17:57
Yeah, that's not how the spear rule work.
A unit with spears have to be stationary in their turn to be able to fight in two ranks in the enemy's following turn.

DeathlessDraich
15-12-2006, 18:27
pg10 "For brevity's sake, the term 'players turn' is usually shortened to 'turn' throughout this rule book"

NakedFisherman
15-12-2006, 18:30
pg10 "For brevity's sake, the term 'players turn' is usually shortened to 'turn' throughout this rule book"

...and in other Warhammer supplements.

Falkman
15-12-2006, 18:32
In 6th ed, wasn't it game turn that were shortened to turn?
This may, in that case, cause some abilities to get considerably weaker in 7th ed.

NakedFisherman
15-12-2006, 18:33
In 6th ed, wasn't it game turn that were shortened to turn?

Nope. They specified what a 'turn' refers to in 7th Edition.

Falkman
15-12-2006, 18:34
Ok, cool then :)

Mephistofeles
16-12-2006, 08:46
A turn is one players turn. Anything which lasts "until end of turn" ends when the next player starts his.

Units with spears must NOT remain stationary to use their spears, they just may not charge the turn they want to use them.

Falkman
16-12-2006, 16:48
Units with spears must NOT remain stationary to use their spears, they just may not charge the turn they want to use them.
You're right, I thought a turn meant the entire game turn, and that is what I based that ruling on.