PDA

View Full Version : Some Orc related questions...

Arnizipal
15-12-2006, 18:59
1) In the description of the Spiteful Shield it says enemies rolling a 1 to hit against a character with this shield suffer a S5 hit.
How does this work with hatred? If I equip my Warboss with this and he faces Dwarfs?
If they roll a 1 to hit, do they get to reroll it first and when they get a 1 on the reroll as well they get the S5 hit? Or do they run the risk of getting a S5 hit on both the original roll and the reroll?

2) If I get a Savage Orc shaman on a boar to babysit some trolls (by joining their unit), will the shaman charge out of the unit if he can reach enemies which the trolls can't (as he has M7 and the trolls only 6)?

Doc Havoc
15-12-2006, 19:08
When it comes to re-rolls the final result is the result that counts. So if your re-roll is a 1 then you take the hit.

As to the Orc on a boar with the troll unit,

You could have him leave the unit and declare a charge to go your full 14". But if he is still part of the unit and the unit delcares a charge then he will only be able to move up to 12", the same as the rest of the unit.

See the rulebook on p.74

DeathlessDraich
15-12-2006, 19:14
2) Yes the Shaman can charge independently out of the unit of Trolls provided they are not Stupid.

Arnizipal
16-12-2006, 00:30
I'm not asking about if he can, I was wondering if he had to due to his frenzy.

greenskin
16-12-2006, 01:10
Yes, the Shamen must charge out of the unit unless the Trolls charge something.

Parka boy
16-12-2006, 01:54
This post is about a couple of things one being how crap GW are at writing rules and two how really crap GW are at writing rules in the O&G army book.

Take the O&G Warrgh banner the Bret virtue of the impetuous knight and the Empire item the steal standard, they all do the same thing or do they?

O&G Warrgh banner
Add d6 to charge roll after the charge is declared.
If the charge is failed the unit will move its normal charge distance.
So is this double movement because that is what your normal charge distance is isn't it?

Bret virtue of the impetuous knight Add d6 to charge roll after the charge is declared
Do not add this extra D6 to there failed charge movement.
fine and clear

Empire steal standard
Add d3 to charge roll after the charge is declared
If the charge is failed the unit will move forward 7 as normal
Also clear, but why don't they have the same wording surely that would make sense wouldn't it?

Doc Havoc
16-12-2006, 02:00
It is because they have different people writng all of the codexes. (Usually different people than the ones that wrote the rules as well.)

Festus
16-12-2006, 07:17
Hi

Yes, the Shamen must charge out of the unit unless the Trolls charge something or are stupid - as a character must follow unit psychology movement.
Fixed your post.

Festus

T10
16-12-2006, 11:16
This post is about a couple of things one being how crap GW are at writing rules and two how really crap GW are at writing rules in the O&G army book.

(...)
O&G Warrgh banner vs. Bret virtue of the impetuous knight vs. Empire steal

(...)
why don't they have the same wording surely that would make sense wouldn't it?

If I am not mistaken, the Virtue can be taken by a character mounted on anything from a warhorse to a hippogriff, so the text needs to be a bit generic.

The Steel Standard can only be taken by knights, who all have a Move of 7 (8 base, -1 for barding).

The Waaagh! banner seems to do what it says on the tin, allowing the orcs to charge up to Move x 2 + 1d6 and if the charge fails move up to Move x 2.

The word "normal" makes things a bit confusing. Normal (and expected!) would be for the unit to make a regular failed charge move, but they appear to move a full charge move instead.

-T10