PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader?

Cirenivel
16-12-2006, 12:44
can a GK land raider transport anything other than GK's?
i'm just wondering cause it seems kinda silly that it can't transport stormtroopers and stuff.

Cirenivel

inq.serge
16-12-2006, 12:55
Since it's not a transport option for ANYTHING in the army, so, anything can jump in and out of it during the game.

And this thread belongs to the 40k rules forum.

sigur
16-12-2006, 13:52
I didn't know that GK could have LR Crusaders at all...:eyebrows:

Cirenivel
16-12-2006, 14:16
I didn't know that GK could have LR Crusaders at all...:eyebrows:

well, then you have learned something today;)

Cirenivel

redbaron998
16-12-2006, 14:36
They are 0-1 though, I still take a regular LR cause with GK you need some Lazcannons

Cirenivel
16-12-2006, 14:40
[
QUOTE=redbaron998;1151126]They are 0-1 though,
Where is that stated?

I still take a regular LR cause with GK you need some Lazcannons

But i'm gonna take one of each

Cirenivel

P.S 4500pts game

Cirenivel
16-12-2006, 15:06
anyways, back to the question, can GK land Raiders transport non-GK units?

Cirenivel

Onisuzume
16-12-2006, 15:06
Where is that stated?
Imperial Armour v2 states that iirc.

anyways, back to the question, can GK land Raiders transport non-GK units?
Why wouldn't they?
If taken as a Heavy Support choice there's nothing that's stopping them from transporting Grots. (if C: DH could take grots that is)
If taken as a transport choice for an other unit, however, they can only transport that unit.

Cirenivel
16-12-2006, 15:11
Imperial Armour v2 states that iirc.

but the Daemon Hunters codex doesn't

Why wouldn't they?
If taken as a Heavy Support choice there's nothing that's stopping them from transporting Grots. (if C: DH could take grots that is)
If taken as a transport choice for an other unit, however, they can only transport that unit.

beacuse it says "a Crusader may carry up to 15 Grey Knights in power armouror 8 Grey Knights Terminators"

Cirenivel

MastroBurattinaio
16-12-2006, 15:20
too expansive so often is useless :P

Lostanddamned
16-12-2006, 15:27
They act as a "shiny thing fire magnet" which is something that is direly needed in a GK army - people know LRC's are scary and so prioritise them as a target, allowing more of your regular foot troops to get into combat. Making them far from useless.

Also, not everyone is interested in straight forward "usefulness" in an army, there is the other, hidden stat "fun". Something LR's have in bucketloads.

Gearux
16-12-2006, 16:15
Wjile it does seem unfair, I'm going to say no, the LR(if chosen as a heavy support choice) and the LRC can only transport GKs. Reason: in the codex under the transport choices, it says that the rhino/chimera/LR can carry x amount of models. where as under the heavy support choices it says that the LR/LRC can carry x number of Grey Knights or x number of Grey Knight Terminators.

BrainFireBob
16-12-2006, 17:36
That's an inconsistency from other 'dexes then.

The strongest GK lists I've seen- both of them- ran LRCs with GK Termies in them.

Then lots of power armored squads on foot, and shooty dreads, mixed with other stuff.

It was a one or the other choice- take out the scary LRC with its scary payload, which normally took some going down, and let all those storm bolters get into range, or ignore it and eat the Termie charge.

Johan40k
16-12-2006, 18:41
The first FaQ for Daemonhunters stated that a LRC (or a normal LR) that was bought as a heavy support choice could also transport other units besides GK's or GK-termis.
You can also transport allied IG-units with it.

marv335
16-12-2006, 20:18
as a non-dedicated transport, it can carry any unit that can fit.

Gearux
16-12-2006, 20:33
as a non-dedicated transport, it can carry any unit that can fit.

Yes but the codex clearly says grey knights. If this was the case with the other transport choices, it wouldn't be significant. However under the other choices it says models. Personally i think that in a local game this wouldn't be a big deal, but in a tournie this could get you in a bit of hot water.