PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt dwarf army

The Temenian
16-12-2006, 22:22
im still pretty new to warhammer, so any suggestions would be helpful. my main opponents for this army (for now at least) are going to be empire, orges, and orcs/goblins. as of now i believe that the empire army is only going to have 3 power dice, which is why i have left out the runesmith.

lord:
Lord w/GW and shield bearers, rune of resistance, master rune of kragg the grim, 2X rune of fury, rune of stone 276 points

Heroes:
Thane bsb w/, rune of resistance, rune of stone- 120 points

Core:
19 longbeards w/ shields and full cmd- (thane here) 253 points

20 warriors w/shields and full cmd 205 points

20 warriors w/shields and full cmd- 205 points

18 longbeards w/shields and full cmd(lord here) 241 points

10 quarrelers 110 points

10 quarrelers 110 points

special:

8X bolt throwers w/ engineers 480 points

total points 2000
dispel dice: 4
total models: 139

this is supposed to be a pretty defensive army, as you can see by all the shields, bolt throwers,and quarrelers. longbeards will be helpful as well with auto pass panic tests, and the old grumblers rule.

what do you guys think?

Ji(v)
17-12-2006, 03:45
too much bolt trowers ( can easily be screened by cheap units or skirmisher ) , try to use other warmachines !
I dont suggest anyone to take 275 pts lord .... with shieldbearers you can have a good one for like 220 max
swap 1 unit of longbeard to warrior ( dont over worry about panic .. you got a lord )

get units or 25 dwarf warrior ( so you can take some casuality )

that's about it

Teach
17-12-2006, 10:10
Your heroes have both the same rune combo on their armour. There are armies out there with more wizards then one. You could get in trouble with out a runesmith. Lose some runes on your lord. Maybe take a gyro to stop march moving and give your shoting a extra turn or two.
good luck

callum in hat
17-12-2006, 12:27
i really liked the list until i saw the 8 bolt throwers. its too many points that will not earn anywhere their points back. more infantry is needed miners/ slayers etc

The Temenian
18-12-2006, 21:57
ok, heres my second attempt, im not sure about the gyrocopters, could those points be better spent elsewhere?

lord:
Lord w/GW and shield bearers, rune of resistance, rune of stone 206

Heroes:
Thane bsb w/, master rune of gromril- 115 points

Core:

19 longbeards w/ shields and full cmd- (thane here) 253 points

10 quarrelers 110 points

10 quarrelers 110 points

special:

3x cannons 270 points

rare:
2x gyrocopters 280 points (is this a good choice?)

total points 1995 (best place for 5 points?)
total models: 113

any ideas or suggestions?

Minus67
19-12-2006, 04:48
your units are going to have a hard time standing against a real charge. If a unit of ogres hits a 20 man unit that will most likely blow through it and auto break you due to out numbering. I would increase your units to 25 man units and make better use of the BSB. Dwarf BSB's are very powerful due to the runes thay can have. I still dont think you hav enough magical protection. also maybe drop a cannon to rune up the remaning two, runes like rune of forging

Teach
19-12-2006, 09:06
Better! Cannons are not my thing, but ok. But still no runesmith. You can use standard runes on the longbeards.

The Temenian
21-12-2006, 22:20
what do you think I should remove to be able to up the groups of dwarfs to 25. should i take out the gyrocopters? or should i just remove one group of warriors to make the others 25. is three groups of warriors too few?

and what about the master rune of grungni for my bsb, or does that cost more points then its actually worth?

Xeteus
21-12-2006, 23:27
ok, heres my second attempt, im not sure about the gyrocopters, could those points be better spent elsewhere?

lord:
Lord w/GW and shield bearers, rune of resistance, rune of stone 206
Ok

Heroes:
Thane bsb w/, master rune of gromril- 115 points
Ok

Add Runesmith with RofStone and a shield/gw

Core:

20longbeards w/ shields and full cmd- (thane here) 253 points
Dont use Full command the veteran doesnt help you much not worth the points otherwise good. Use 20 or if Lord wanted in unit use 18 and put him here
No full command and bump up to 25
No full command and bump up to 25. Put thane in one of these warrior units.

Get rid of this not worth points if you needm ore put lord(will get to that)

10 quarrelers 110 points
Ok. Anything that can have shields should have shields. Add shield

10 quarrelers 110 points
Ok again add shields or make them thunderers but thats up to you

special:

3x cannons 270 points
Ok! First: Should only use 1 cannon and it should ALWAYS have RofForging if you take it. IMO dont use a ny cannons at all they areent reliable like you need. Use 2 BoltThrowers both with Engineers 1 with RofBurning 1 with RofPenetrating. Add unit of 10 miners 110 pts or unit of 10 slayers 110 point. OR! Have the Bolt Throwers and add a unit of 13 or 18 Hammerers w/e shields. Will make lord useful to its maximum(not that usually when the lord and ham,meres together they are avoided and just shot at.) SO imo use 10 miners and/or 10 slayers.
rare:
2x gyrocopters 280 points (is this a good choice?)
Organ gun and a Gyro if not enough points just take the organ gun will help your flank

total points 1995 (best place for 5 points?)
total models: 113

any ideas or suggestions?

Make sure you get those miners/slayers it will help you so much against flanks. Use the "SPecial Unit choices i suggested" In no way is 3 cannons ever useful compared to just 2 Bolt Throwers unless the Dice love you.
Althought Runesmith might not be needed i would take it becuase it just adds more dispell dice and gives you somthing they might worry about. Remember! your a dwarf. you dont move fast or at all =P so play your flanks with defense and just take em down with missles as much as you can before they touch you in close combat.