PDA

View Full Version : BF2 patch recalled

alterion
10-07-2005, 17:13
seems that EA have really screwed up the 1.01 patch for BF2.

Quote:
HOTFIX for Battlefield 2 v1.01 Coming Soon
First off, a HUGE thanks to all of you who emailed me in regards to the memory leak found in the update we released earlier this week (v1.01). Your emails found their way to our production team and they’re in the process of evaluating what needs to be done in order to get this fixed. In the meantime, and since the 1.01 update is causing memory leakage on some systems, we recommend that you reinstall the game and NOT the v1.01 update we released earlier this week.
all the official servers have also been rolled back..

Sojourner
10-07-2005, 17:15
N00bs. Honestly, how difficult is it?

TC27
11-07-2005, 00:57
This would explain why I cant join games.....

Nukem
11-07-2005, 05:47
Now will this patch fix my problem of the game shuting down randomly while I'm playing the game? I'm pretty sure this isn't because of my videocard or drivers because I have updated the drivers and it still does it. So when this patch is acutally released and works could it solve this problem?

alterion
11-07-2005, 10:26
patch was realased.. bbut it din't fix much and wa broken actually.. now io have to re-install for 3rd time this week to fix it :( not happy

Nazguire
11-07-2005, 11:42
Well that patch was a huge waste of time and mone evidently. My LANgamer shop won't be a happy place.

Star.Scream
11-07-2005, 18:33
>>>>>Aye, this is getting a tad silly; they've been playtesting this game for 6 months, over real internet connections (residential DSL and cable) with teams in Vancouver and Toronto...and yet they still manage to have problems.

I dont get how they managed such a huge problem with memory leakage with a single patch? Thats some pretty funky crud there my friends.

nick
11-07-2005, 20:58
Hows this... I had to reinstall to get the game running... !

Its not fair...

Nick

Nukem
11-07-2005, 21:51
Would reinstalling the game help my problem that I mentioned above?

nick
11-07-2005, 23:01
Would reinstalling the game help my problem that I mentioned above?
You don't really explain your problem in detail above. I'll explain what I did and then you can decide for yourself.

When I loaded the game originally it installed fine, but when I came to run it I was shown the black screen as it changes resolution, then I was sent back to the desktop. To fix this, I reinstalled windows using the GFX drivers my board included on their driver cd. This seems to work nicely now but is a lot of hassle as windows was refusing to install correctly on the first attempt.

Nick

Nukem
12-07-2005, 09:50
Oh yeah I didn't explain it very well.

First off mine did the same thing, but I found out that my videocard was not supported by the BF2 engine. So I got a Radeon 9800pro. And now I can get into the game, after having the same problem as you.

Now the problem is that while playing the game it will shut down randomly. It will happen at different times in the game.. sometimes as soon as the map loads and sometimes 20 minutes after getting in. I'm really confused on why it is doing this.

Also I have been noticing that my computer itself shuts down and powers back on at random times. When windows loads again it pops up with a message saying the System has recovered from a serious error. I check the error report and it says the problem is due to certain codecs on my computer. It doesn't say which ones so I can get rid of them.. I'm guessing I should take it down to my local computer store to have them look at it. As my knowledge of the computer starts to get hazy after that points.

Any help on the BF2 problem and my computer problem would be greatly appreciated :)

nick
12-07-2005, 16:27
Also I have been noticing that my computer itself shuts down and powers back on at random times. When windows loads again it pops up with a message saying the System has recovered from a serious error. I check the error report and it says the problem is due to certain codecs on my computer. It doesn't say which ones so I can get rid of them.. I'm guessing I should take it down to my local computer store to have them look at it. As my knowledge of the computer starts to get hazy after that points.
To be completely honest I would have a look at your power supply and check if you have enough cooling in your system. If you built the machine from scratch there should be hardware monitoring software on the driver disk, install this and check your case and cpu temperature while the system is under load.

The other possibility is that your PSU cannot handle the amount of power your various devices are using. I have a 480W PSU which runs a X800, a Dual core cpu 4 hard disks and 2 dvd drives. If you have a P4 and a 9800 you will probably need at the very least a 350W PSU (anyone able to confirm this?) An Athlon XP and a 9800 should be just get by with 300W as long as you don't have too many drives.

Nick

Nukem
13-07-2005, 01:56
My system contains 2 hard drives. The Radeon 9800 Cd-rom Drive, External Dvd-burner/cdburner/dvd player

I have a 500W PSU so I think I'm getting enough power. But the heat maybe causing it. It seems to only happen when my computer has been on awhile. So I leave my computer on while I download things as I have 56k it doesn't download fast.. >< *sidenote Ill have dsl soon :)* Anyway so its been on awhile and then when I go to play a game it tends to shutdown like that. I do have a modded case, but I lack fans so could this lead to that error message coming up? So far this has helped me :)

Flashheart
13-07-2005, 10:33
You could try to take the sides off the computer case and see if that helped .. it should if it is a heat problem. You could even place a normal fan infront of the computer.

If you have the 1.0.1 patch installed that could be the problem as it creates a memory leak. If that is the case you should uninstall the game and reinstall it again without the patch.

Gazak Blacktoof
13-07-2005, 13:55
My brother's computer that I use to play BF2 seems to be more reliable with the patch. Before the patch the game used to crash randomly and/ or re-boot our computer, it doesn't do that now. The front-end for multplayer was rubbish before the patch and it improved it massively.

Nukem
13-07-2005, 22:18
thats what happens with mine!!! so maybe the patch would work lol. Ill still hold off though

Ill take the side off now. Next paycheck ill drop it off at my mod shop and have them install fans on the side window :P

nick
17-07-2005, 19:52
Just to let you all know I'm hosting a BF2 server now so feel free to play on the following server:
Battlefield II Dedicated Server v1.1.2484.0(IA-32)
"WarSeer Server" Average FPS: 25 [d:0, o:7342]
IP: 85.214.18.194 Port: 16567 (PB) Map: mashtuur_city
Game mode: gpm_cq/32 Mod: bf2
Players: 0/64 (0 connecting) Round: 2/3 Status: [playing]

It requires PunkBuster otherwise it might kick you out.

Nick

Nukem
25-07-2005, 21:43
Oh cool.

Ill be sure to get on that server as soon as I go over to my friends house to house sit.

:)