PDA

View Full Version : 3000 Points of Dark Elves

UvulaBob
10-07-2005, 17:13
Hi there,

I'm trying to put together an all-purpose Dark Elf army with the models I have. I'm not even sure what plan I need with an army like this. In short, I have NO idea how to play this game with this army. The only reason I started it was becuase my girlfriend said she liked the models. :)

Can someone take a look at it and let me know why I keep losing?

1 Highborn @ 229 Pts
General
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Blade of Ruin
Cold One

1 Assassin @ 169 Pts
2ndWeapon
Dark Venom
Touch of Death

12 Warriors @ 132 Pts
Repeating Crossbow
Light Armour

12 Warriors @ 132 Pts
Repeating Crossbow
Light Armour

1 Noble @ 98 Pts
Light Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Sword of Might
14 Corsairs @ 155 Pts
Standard
Musician

20 Warriors @ 185 Pts
Spears
Full Command

20 Warriors @ 185 Pts
Spears
Full Command

1 Cold One Chariot @ 97 Pts
Spear

5 Cold One Knights @ 215 Pts
Full Command
War Banner

1 Noble @ 124 Pts
Heavy Armour
Draich of Dark Power
14 Executioners @ 172 Pts
Standard
Musician

6 Harpies @ 78 Pts

2 Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 200 Pts

1 Beastmaster @ 42 Pts
Light Armour

1 War Hydra @ 220 Pts

1 Cauldron of Blood @ 205 Pts

10 Mengil Manhide's Manflayers @ 363 Pts

Models in Army: 132

Zeb
10-07-2005, 17:37
Are you going to go to a 3000pt battle without any magical defence? That's really not a good idea, trust me! ;)

One noble (with Sword of Might) and the General (with Blade of Ruin) would benefit from a shield each. For better save, the Sword of Might guy could, instead of weilding a magic weapon, use a halberd and save some points.
While Assassins are cool, they are not that good...

Those points saved by this would go into a magic defence for me, a sorceress with two scrolls and another character with the Seal of Ghrond.

I would probably dropp the Caludron of Blood and add two units of five Dark Riders with a musician each (97pts each).

The army looks good, there are a few units that takes some time to get to use "right".

Good Luck!

Naghaz
10-07-2005, 18:27
Yes while I can appreciate your want to keep magic out of your army trust me, at 3000 points you will face someone with buckets of power dice and you will absolutely need some form of defense.

rune
10-07-2005, 19:16
Yeah, at first I couldnt figure out why you were losing, then i read the replies and noticed there were zero mages.

At the very least, bring a sorceress with 2 dispel scrolls, and put the seal of ghrond(25pts) on one of your characters to raise your dispel dice by 1. If you're anti-magic, then don't even try to cast a spell with her & call her a Priestess of Khaine or something. That way you get your needed magic defense, without having any magic users in the normal sense of the word if thats your thing.

Also, you have alot of nice infantry, lots of spearmen.. a nice corsairs unit.. do you know what all this stuff is silently screaming for? Cold One Chariots! 2 of them.. if not 4.. would be so devastating when added to this army since you have the infantry blocks to do the job.

Naghaz
10-07-2005, 20:39
Cold One Chariots! 2 of them.. if not 4.. would be so devastating when added to this army since you have the infantry blocks to do the job.

Yes another Chariot would certainly be helpfull. I realise you are trying to use what you have so buying new models isnt the best answer, that being said, some Chariots or an additional Hydra (for the same purpose of supporting infantry) would make an excellent addition.