PDA

View Full Version : necromunda+# of weapons?

Dark Apostle197
17-12-2006, 18:46
How many weapons can someone carry. On page 32 "A gang may be equiped with any weapons it can afford within the limits discussed later" To me, this means you can have more than two weapons... Unless one of those limitation(that I could not find) say you can't. Can anyone give me an answer or page number? Thanks.

Jon_Irenicus
17-12-2006, 18:58
I´d say common sense applies and your models carry, at most, a two handed weapon, a sidearm, and a close combat weapon.

Note that I think that you can only have a two hand and a one hand weapon, the question is whether it replaces or not the close combat weapon (ie knife) that the gang member has.

Dark Apostle197
17-12-2006, 19:01
I am happy with the two handed weapon+sidearm+ccw, cause thats what I want :) But I don't want to be cheating, and cannot find where it says you can only have two weapons (like in 40k)

Jon_Irenicus
17-12-2006, 20:35
I think that there´s no actual limit, but I haven´t read the rules in a long time. It doesn´t seem unfair that your gang leader has a knife, a laspistol and a boltgun, does it? Especially considering that there are weapon jams (and not few, at that), I´d say 3 at max. More than that starts to sound a little odd... It´s not Quake, it´s more like CS ^^

Dark Apostle197
17-12-2006, 20:39
Yeah... I got tired of my flamers never doing anything in the three games I have played so far, so figured throwing in a auto/las pistol couldn't hurt :) Plus I couldn't see why an experienced ganger wouldn't have a pistol just incase his shotgun blew up -.-

Kedlav
18-12-2006, 05:33
The GW interpretation I've always gotten from emails is that its basically WSIWYG, so if you can model on 20 heavy weapons, you've twenty heavy weapons, though that's going to be one bad looking model.

Given the use of straps, belts, etc. I usually allow in my campaigns:

1 Heavy Weapon or 2 Special/Basic, 2 Pistols/CCW, Grenades. Its not hard to run around with a gun with another strapped over your back, (hello Mr. Bolter)

Catferret
18-12-2006, 10:15
The only limits applied to weapons are a maximum of one heavy weapon per model(p78 Living Rulebook) and what the model is actually carrying. I have found that people don't tend to go overboard with weapons coz their models start to look silly but my group may be an exception...

Jo Bennett
18-12-2006, 19:32
If you look at the rules for bounty hunters it becomes immediately clear that carrying multiple weapons is perfectly acceptable - standard kit includes both a boltgun (or lasgun) AND a shotgun, plus pistols and close combat weapons.

Mephistofeles
18-12-2006, 19:47
Yes you can have as many weapons as you want, with the exception of heavy weapons of which you may only have one.

I usually give my heavies and leaders side arms, just in case.

Dark Apostle197
18-12-2006, 23:20
Ok, thanks. I just want all my guys to have a basic weapon, pistol and their standard knife, so this shoudl work. Thanks.

athamas
18-12-2006, 23:30
if someone has a lasgun its rarely worth giving them a side arm, as you are not going to run out of ammo any time soon, and it just costs more otherwise....

as to limits, i have heard of the 4 plasma pistol otng leader, who had the ability to fire both at the same time, so was. at full power, then taking the other two out and doing it with them aswell

highly effective, and rather costly,

Dark Apostle197
18-12-2006, 23:44
Actually, the pistols help with the attacks in CC and are more accurate then rifles at close range. Plus, I doubt I will be adding much to the army as the only things I can get would involve buying another redemptionist box, or some fairly heavy conversions.

Lord Humongous
18-12-2006, 23:56
Pistols don't help you in close combat if you also have a rifle; you must have only pistols, grenades, and CCW's to be able to use a weapon in each hand. But the close range accuracy is VERY useful. I love getting up close with bolt pistols; +2 to hit, str 4, so who needs more than a couple shots?

However, I do find that a guy with a lasgun tends to not move forward enough to get full benefit from a pistol (after all, if you can already shoot from cover...) so its better to give some of your guys pistols only, and some rifles only, unless the rifles are bolt guns or otherwise likely to run out of ammo.

GWvsJohn2
19-12-2006, 00:16
This seems like as good a place as any to ask. How do plasma pistols on high power work in close combat? I have a few ideas, but would rather see if anyone knows the actual rules.

Tomothy
19-12-2006, 00:37
You get one to-wound roll with its stats on high, if you win combat, after that it can't be used during your opponents combat phase, your next combat phase or your opponents 2nd combat phase since you used it. All the other hits allocated with the pistol are lost (remember hits must be evenly divided).

As answered on the SG forums

Dark Apostle197
19-12-2006, 00:48
Oops, I guess you can't use them in CC. But nontheless, in the games I have played so far, there were some pretty close firefights when i wished I had the pistol. Plus it gives me a way to not exactly waste the 1000 points we get for the league, because my 8 redemptionists only got to like 650 without them.

GWvsJohn2
19-12-2006, 02:58
so Plasma Pistols are basically crap in CC?

That sucks, I was hoping to skirt the rules and wield dual PP for constant s6 in close combat

Jon_Irenicus
19-12-2006, 03:05
I always thought that having a basic and a pistol, plus a ccw, equaled an extra attack for two ccw, assuming that the basic weapon could be shouldered or otherwise put aside.

edit: crap? A high-powered blast in Close Combat is, by most standards, like opening a can of whoopass, no? Isn´t it around strength 7 ?

Dark Apostle197
19-12-2006, 03:22
Yeah, truthfully I do not see why a guy cannon just drop the weapon for a little, beat a guy in the head with a club, after throwing the gun at someone then pick up the gun and continue shooting :)

Jon_Irenicus
19-12-2006, 03:25
In case it´s a lasgun I say it counts as a club and enemies lose 1 attack because of the flashlight... ;)

Dark Apostle197
19-12-2006, 03:37
Lol I can see it now *whatever sound a lasgun makes* charger "Ow!!! my eyes!" Me"hahahaha" *bam bashes him over the head with a lasgun*

GWvsJohn2
19-12-2006, 03:46
edit: crap? A high-powered blast in Close Combat is, by most standards, like opening a can of whoopass, no? Isnīt it around strength 7 ?

Yeah, it's a high strength attack, but if you score multiple hits with it, they are wasted, and if the combat lasts into the next round, you cant use it then either.

Jon_Irenicus
19-12-2006, 04:05
Fair point, my good man ;)

Catferret
20-12-2006, 08:05
Regarding the no 2nd weapon if you have a rifle rule. Anybody tried the experimental skill lists Spec Games posted a while back? Quick Draw allows you to use 2 weapons as well as carry a rifle in those rules. Strongman says you can use any 2-handed weapon as 1-handed in close combat as well. That grenade launcher with krak is looking kinda nasty... Or meltagun...