PDA

View Full Version : What is happening with the league?

Yorkiebar
18-12-2006, 11:16
Well, it doesn't look like we're getting any more new ideas, so please vote here for your favourite. The poll is public so I can disregard any votes we get from users not part of the league.

Option 1: Everyone has a Division 1 team (current Premiershippers either going back to an old WS team or creating a new one) and has great fun, eventually Division 1 Team Ratings will equal Premiership TRs, at which point everyone can go into the one group again, entitled simply WarSeer Blood Bowl League.

Option 2: Stay as we are and see what the situation is at the end of next season. We could end up in the same predicament though.

Option 3: Mix the Premiership teams in now and just let them pwn everyone for a while until things even themselves out.

Option 4: Premiership teams could be scaled down to a TR max of 160, that means dropping the odd re roll, or retiring perfectly healthy players but it could be done and that way they could play with the Divs and still be elite but not overwhelming. Note option 4 is VERY unpopular with some Premiershippers - they've worked hard on those teams.

Whatever is picked, we want to continue building the fun atmosphere of Division 1 for everyone. Though matches are quite strictly scheduled they're all very friendly, match reports in a variety of styles and lots of discussion are encouraged.

EDIT: Another issue is the Cup tournament and I've decided to solve it simply by just dictating what's going to happen. This season it will be held between the Premiership teams only, next season we shall probably introduce more teams. If you want to be one of those, then start playing friendlies and power-boost your TR!

tenpole
18-12-2006, 18:01
Option 4 was an idea I had just as a solution maybe. But I am voting for option 3, take me on premiership teams if you think your hard enough!

Not a fan of option 1 at all, I agree with yorkie with option 2, we could be in the same situation at the end of the season. The only reason I proposed option 4 was because of the newbie teams playing teams with a +100TR greater than them, for me, I am not worried about it.

EDIT: Everyone is voting for option 1, don't be scared of the prem teams.

Gres
18-12-2006, 23:03
The choice appears to be whether we have one division or two. Two divisions is divisive to some extent whilst having one league means that newbies can get pounded. Long seasons means that newbies have to wait a long time to become involved whilst short seasons are a bit rubbish.

To be honest I would prefer to have two leagues if we can manage 6 teams per league or so. We have three div 1 teams in the TR 140 range which means they might be able to hack the premier teams who are about 40 TR above them. Ideally we would have 8 teams per league but we need to build up a player base.

If we have one division then how many teams would be in it?

The Elftown Lions are ready to return if required!

th0r
19-12-2006, 00:18
Myself, I'd prefer one league as it would allow more games to be played. I think before splitting up into 2 divisions you should at least have 12 active teams in each division.

tenpole
19-12-2006, 09:01
The premiership are playing for the premiership cup which I will accept but I will not recognize as a true warseer cup. This way they can play three games total while waiting for the last two games of division 1 to finish.
Then I propose the Warseer Union Cup to be held. Open to all teams and in the true nature of cup tournaments where even underdogs get a shot at the title.

Keravin
19-12-2006, 09:43
If we have one league how many teams will we be allowed to have? I know some of us just want to keep the one active as that's all the time they have, but if we go for everyone playing a lower team will that mean we have to choose when the levels even out - obviously we can't play ourselves.

I'm quite happy to return to using the Marvel Zombies.

Riddy
19-12-2006, 20:15
Well i guess option 3, since i am more than likley gonna be going up (the only way i finish 2nd is if i lose and the NZQ win, even then its a 1st place tie). I guess i can play a good few friendlies and get my TR to about 160-170 before the start of next season, then we'll see whos pwning who :p

tenpole
19-12-2006, 20:43
er or if you loose and Tenpole Tudor win then I win on TD difference.

Riddy
19-12-2006, 22:39
But then you went and got the best result for me, a draw, meaning even a loss to the elves will give me the title :p

Although it would be humiliating to lose to elves heehee.

Yorkiebar
29-12-2006, 17:31
Well the majority are definitely in favour of Option A. I'm sending a PM out to the Premiership now, they'll create new teams or dig out old ones and join in with Division 1 for the Spring Season. That just leaves the question of who gets to participate in the WarSeer Cup Tournament.

Gres
29-12-2006, 18:02
The problem now being that the CDs now have a TR of 171 which puts them on a par with the Premiership teams. How about a start of season cap of TR 150? All the CDs have to do is drop the niggled Bull - all the other teams are below 150 at the moment.

Keravin
29-12-2006, 18:05
If the problem was the high TR of the premiership then a TR cap seems sensible.

tenpole
30-12-2006, 11:04
I dont think autobot would be keen to drop the Bull centaur, So he will have to create a new team hopefully something different from everyone else, but chaos dwarf would be great again. Then when we play al these games as a large group I calculate that at the end everyone will have a rating favourable with the premiership. Then we would have a problem of new coaches joining, but we cant have too many in a league, I suppose 16 coaches should be a maximum but luckily that is something for Yorkie to decide and not for me to fret over.

Autobot HQ
30-12-2006, 15:12
I'd drop the Centaur if a TR cap of 150 is applied, yes I'd be fine with that.

A-HQ

Yorkiebar
30-12-2006, 15:36
A 150 TR starting cap does sound fair to start the season, you could drop someone A-HQ and Fredox certainly could (team of 15). Don't do anything yet though, we'll wait until after the meeting next Friday.

th0r
30-12-2006, 15:37
Could we move the meeting. Friday night isnt exactly a good time.

tenpole
30-12-2006, 16:03
How about tonight if there is enough of us here

Keravin
30-12-2006, 16:05
Very short notice.

tenpole
30-12-2006, 16:13
The last meeting did not have any notice at all, it just happened.

LordSnotball
30-12-2006, 16:13
why not just have sub-divisions?

the 100-130 group, the 131-160 group and the 161+ group...

a 160 team can beat a 200 team barely, if the coach is good. a 100 team rarely beats a 125 team... then again, that depends on the number of skills. at 125 u can find teams with no skills still, and others with 10 skills.

my general opinion is to keep it nice and simple, if its not straight forward it end up not being fun...

to spice up the tourney though i'd propose a 'game of 3' or whatever they call it. basically each round you nominate a SPP awarding action, cas, tds, interceptions etc. then if your team does 3+ of those they get an extra tourney point. An extra point if a specific player does 3 all on his own.

so, round 1 you would have casualties. if your team causes 3 casualties you get an extra pts in the tourney. now, ur ur claw/rsc chaos warrior does 3 cas on his own, thats an extra point for the difficult achievement.

the only catch with this format is that the ball handling teams may benefit, so you would have to have and extra cas round. each round has a different theme:
3xpass,
3xtds,
[3xinterception is pointless imo as no1 ever gets that],
3xcas (preferably twice, only related to spp awarding cas, not including fouls, failed gfis etc),
Golden Three (one player making 1xpass, 1xtd, 1xcas in the same game)

anyway, just a few ideas to get you going...

-Snottie

Keravin
30-12-2006, 16:23
The last meeting did not have any notice at all, it just happened.

Which was not good at all.

We should try and include as many people as possible in the discussions.

I do like LordSnotball's suggestions.