PDA

View Full Version : Matrix world in 40k?

Brother Smith
04-04-2005, 11:35
Remember that planet in Macharius' crusade? The one where the human populace had been enslaved by a giant machine (s) and the humans offered up their children to it. (I remember some reference to sacfrifice and abosrbing). This seems to me just like the world of the Matrix. Your thoughts?

Thalisahis
04-04-2005, 11:36
No, haven't got a clue what your on about, could you explain?

Brother Smith
04-04-2005, 11:43
Yea I got confused with the new layout so I pressed 'Start Thread' too soon.

Delicious Soy
04-04-2005, 12:26
Well spotted.......... 6 years ago :p

Marsekay
04-04-2005, 14:47
This is something out of the third ed rulebook isnt it?
I remember a tentacle planet that got blown away i think too.

malika
04-04-2005, 15:37
Tentacle planet?

And that machine planet, could be interesting, perhaps it was a remainder of the Dark Age Of Technology, or something from the Iron Men. Could be a very cool plot, I mean the Imperium wanting to destroy the planet, the Adeptus Mechanicus wanting it intact for their own agenda while the machines are wanting to remain free to oppress the local humans.

Wraith
04-04-2005, 16:14
I know exactly what you're reffering to but... I think it's worded differently... 'humans being 'fed to' machines' etc is more like what it said IIRC. If you've read the Necron Codex it seems very similar to the Farseer's visions of a possible future C'tan dominated Galaxy.

salty
04-04-2005, 16:30
That could be a cool plot hook for worlds that teh Ctan and their Necron slaves conquer...
Feed the humans to the vast machines, the humans are used to further production of more Necrons. It would make more sense of those damned Harvester fleets in BFG (I hate them!)

Salty :)

Hideous Loon
04-04-2005, 19:07
Hmm... DAoT remainders are always wanted, so that we, the Tech-Priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus can take them, put them on an altar, and worship them. No, seriously, it'd be great. I imagine a team of Daemonhunters (it just so happens that the giant-machine could be possessed by a Greater Daemon, and if you don't believe me, go take a good look at the Defiler) fighting its way through Iron Men (probably represented by Necrons or high-tech IG) and their defense systems, finally going toe-to-toe with a C'tan.

Khaine's Messenger
04-04-2005, 20:22
It's possible, I suppose, for a Matrix-like (or heck, let's pick one of those machine-run worlds like from the old Star Trek) world to exist in 40k. Doesn't even need to be DAoT remnant, or even related to the C'tan/Necrons....

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-04-2005, 20:44
Well, it has to come from somewhere.

Let's rule out Orks, Tau/Kroot, Tyranids, Imperium and Eldar [all Eldar].

So, it could be a C'tan device, it maintains population by consuming the life enery of some newborns, which the C'tan will 'recharge' with should it be in the area. It doesn't have to be an awake C'tan, it could be an asleep C'tan [Void Dragon?].

It could easily be a chaos machine with it's own purpose, like a daemon inside could be gaining power or something.

It could be a new species uprising, they could have conquered that world, now they're planning on another invasion.

salty
04-04-2005, 21:08
Void Dragon, yeah! It would definitely be better for GW if Void Dragon was on some machine planet rather than under the surface of Mars!

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-04-2005, 21:11
Dude, Mars IS a machine planet [now...] and GW haven't actually come out and said 'The Void Dragon is on Mars!' so he could still be hiding in the giant machine, gaining power, and waiting.

malika
04-04-2005, 21:39
Would it be an important Machine? I mean if it was important the C'tan would have done more to save it I think, send a whole Necron army, this however did not happen, so I think we could leave out the C'tan, I prefere to see some remains of the Iron Men or Dark Age Of Technology myself, try to stay away from having every single bit of 40k fluff be related to the C'tan, Old Ones or "The Alpha Legion Did It"

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-04-2005, 21:52
The last time the C'tan ravged the universe, they had to stop to let new life form before they run out of life energy. So sustaining a planet would be a good idea, if it is the C'tan they might have a good few more, BIGGER planets, this one planet could either be: So small they don't care, or maybe the Necrons designated to protect that planet are either: Not awakened yet, 'killed', or off somewhere else because they were needed to help in the attack on the rest of the universe.

I doubt it would be the Old Ones, I don't see why when they have all them Tau under their control.

Why the Alpha legion?

malika
04-04-2005, 22:34
Those were the three things which have been behind lots of things in the 40k universe lately ;)

TheSonOfAbbadon
04-04-2005, 22:45
Why the Alpha legion???

malika
04-04-2005, 22:56
It was a joke we kinda made here on the old portent when GW had unexplained stuff in the background.

The Alpha Legion are a very secretive legion, even before the Horus Heresy.

Khaine's Messenger
05-04-2005, 02:54
Even if it isn't Imperial, it could still be human or human-machine in origin....

salty
05-04-2005, 11:05
Either way, wherever it comes from I hope GW decides to do something with it. It would make for a great and interesting plotline.

C'tan of oblivion
05-04-2005, 21:03
I think they will.... atleast if itīs about necrons...
I read somewhere, got no idea where anylonger, but anyway that the next 40k campaign would be about the raising of the two(?) other c'tan gods (not deceiver/nightbringer) or atleast necrons would be the main charakters in it

TheSonOfAbbadon
05-04-2005, 21:23
I doubt there are only 2 other C'tan other than the Outsider, the Deciever and the Nightbringer. And if there are only 2 other C'tan gods, and they're going to be raised, then one of them is the Void Dragon, and he'll be about as strong as the Emperor in his 'not dead' days, so that would be the end of war in the universe seeing as no one can match the great Void Dragon apart from if all the races attacked the imperium all together, which will never happen.

So that puts an end to that theory...

gunhed
08-04-2005, 08:55
Either way, wherever it comes from I hope GW decides to do something with it. It would make for a great and interesting plotline.

But they've totally ignored it for over six years now, so what will change?

Anyway, I'm sure Macharius attacked and destroyed the planet, and if indeed that was the case, I don't see how it could have been a C'Tan/Necron planet, as the Imperium have trouble with Necron armies, never mind whole planets. I think it was a leftover from the DAoT myself.

There might be another couple of planets operating on a similar principle, but I doubt they'd be Necron. Anyway, if all the adults offer up all of their children, where do the following generations come from to offer up their children?

Nazguire
09-04-2005, 02:39
But they've totally ignored it for over six years now, so what will change?

Anyway, I'm sure Macharius attacked and destroyed the planet, and if indeed that was the case, I don't see how it could have been a C'Tan/Necron planet, as the Imperium have trouble with Necron armies, never mind whole planets. I think it was a leftover from the DAoT myself.

There might be another couple of planets operating on a similar principle, but I doubt they'd be Necron. Anyway, if all the adults offer up all of their children, where do the following generations come from to offer up their children?

"The Black Pearl, they don't leave any survivors"
"Really? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"

or something like that

Its probably Imperial Propaganda to justify destroying the planet. Indeed it may have had Dark Age/Necron machinery powering it, it may not have even been a planet but a Death Star sized space ship that had people living on it that they captured. The children thing is like I said earlier, just the Administratum trying to induce fear for the unknown/machines/aliens/chaos etc so no one questions them...of course that doesn't stop them.