PDA

View Full Version : (Mordheim) intesting warband ideas?

Darwin_green
19-12-2006, 06:47
anyone had any weird warbands using the official(including some semi-official like brettonian, pestilins, shadow warriors...)

here are some different warband ideas I thought of.

Vikings- beastmen raiders, or middenheimers. I have a copy of the WAB book "SheildWall", the beastmen have pretty much the same stats.

pirates- mercs

zombie pirates- undead. for ghouls I was thinking of using some old Mageknight fishmen.

Fish pirates-"davy's crew"- carnival of chaos or undead.

Forest goblins- skaven list.

my current project is my Tilean warband made from some Alcanti fellowship models. I had a lot of bitz left over from my dropped DOW army.

thunderwolf
19-12-2006, 09:30
I was thinking of doing a Burke and Hare themed undead band at some point, and a Possessed cult of pleasure using the Hasslefree harem as the cultists.

scarletsquig
19-12-2006, 11:07
I've ran a "as many squigs as physically possible" warband before.

It sucked. but made for some fun games :D

Dyrnwyn
19-12-2006, 12:34
You know there's actually an official Pirate warband list right? Though that list wouldn't really cover the zombie/fishman angle.

Darwin_green
19-12-2006, 12:47
I thought they dropped pirates as well as the shadow warriors list?

WarbossKurgan
19-12-2006, 12:55
I've got the Fishmen Pirates sorted:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5993/hpim2604vd6.jpg

I've only used them in WH Skirmish games so far - where I have used Black Orcs rules, but I'd planned to use them in Mordheim as regular Orcs. :)

Darwin_green
19-12-2006, 13:23
you are a sick son-of-*censored*. dang, why didn't I think of that.

hopefully when I find my camera, I'll show off pics of my Tilean warband(i used the lustria rules).

WarbossKurgan
19-12-2006, 14:40
you are a sick son-of-*fish*. dang, why didn't I think of that.
:D
Cheers Darwin! ;)

jp22102000
19-12-2006, 16:54
im planning on building a savage orc warband using the regular orc rules. i need something for the 2 big uns and the boss. i was thinking of using the hero from the command blister for the boss but unsure what i should use for the biguns. ( i want them to look obviously different from the orc boyz)

Dyrnwyn
19-12-2006, 20:14
I thought they dropped pirates as well as the shadow warriors list?

Hmm.... Upon further review you're right. The Pirates and Shadow Warrior rules are still on the website, but they're not on thier list of "official warbands" in the errata. Still, I don't think running the current Pirate list would be too bad if you're gaming with friends. It doesn't look as broken as Shadow Warriors, and it's only unofficial for tourney purposes.

Darwin_green
19-12-2006, 23:20
what are your guys thoughts on most of the Lustia and Araby lists? I never had any practical experiance aside from Tileans.

I'd probobly lean towards the Miraleans(pretty much reiklanders, but hate skaven) or the Remasens(+1 leadership, and re-roll rout tests) since my models are Alcanti.

Catferret
20-12-2006, 09:26
Most of the Lustria stuff seems to be ok. Haven't tried any of the Araby stuff yet. I'm currently playing a Norse warband which is great at h2h but needs to make it there first... Couple of friends have played Dark Elves before and they are nowhere near as broken as Shadow Warriors. If you want to give them any of the fun equipment then you can't afford a big warband and they don't have the Sniper skill either.

mrtn
22-12-2006, 17:26
I had an idea for a dwarf warband. Max size 12, but if you hire a hobbi... eh, I mean halfling, you can raise that number to 13. Now you just have to hire a wizard, before you can go out to fight the dragon...

Darwin_green
22-12-2006, 23:30
actually, you could modify that "Dragon quest" minigame from WD. I don't recall the issue off hand, but if you ask any ork player which issue had the ork clans rules they should know.

but on the hobbit thing. there are rules for giant spiders from the Empire in flames book, and trolls in the ork list. So I guess you could play with that.