PDA

View Full Version : Night Runners

Earlandir
10-07-2005, 22:35
How should I field them and with what equipment? I've never used them before and would appreciate any advice :)

iron_legion
10-07-2005, 22:47
i ussually give mine 2 hand wep and a unit of ten charge them up a side and get around units this is easy because they have a movement of 6 and are scirmishers

Earlandir
11-07-2005, 02:00
ok, so always get extra hand weapons? and you find unit sizes of 10 are the best?

User Name
11-07-2005, 02:52
It depends on what you want to do with them, if you want them to flank and fight then yes, if you want to use them as bait, screens and distraction then a unit of 5 with slings would be better

Ganymede
11-07-2005, 03:00
I normally field three units of six naked nightrunners. They are awesome for delaying deployment, blocking off scouts, screening LoS, forcing charges, march blocking, taking quarters, roadblocking, killing wizards/warmachines, etc...

That all and they cost only 90 points for all three.

Riddy
11-07-2005, 08:38
I tend to keep unit sizes small as no matter how big a unit you take it will still run away at the first sign of trouble. I find units of 6-9 to be best, with either add Hw for flanking or slings for harrassment. Avoid taking a champion, for his points you can get another night runner. Nightrunners can do most things that gutter runners can do, only not aswell although you do get double the numbers, so its worth it. They can be used a screens, march blockers and throw away units to put an enemy unit is a bad position and because of their low points cost they can do so without giving the enemy any sort of advantage at all.

Greymarch
16-07-2005, 06:27
I built my NightRunners for skirmish and warbands games, so I have some odd numbers.
I usually have a unit of 10 with 2 hand weapons as quick moving back-up unit, a unit of 6 with throwing stars used to block marches and fling stars while following cavalry around, and a unit of 5 with slings as a bait unit.

I love how people go "they move how far?" during my turn.

Zoink
05-08-2005, 13:27
And they also look pretty cool. I love the ninja rat thing. It's what's inspired me to choose skaven over the bigger and braver armies.