PDA

View Full Version : Autarch on Jetbike? Anyone?

Meraklis
19-12-2006, 20:46
Well I was thinking of fielding an autarch on a jetbike and I was wondering if anyone knows if GW will be releasing a model?
Cheers!:cool:

Seraphon
19-12-2006, 21:02
I think the idea of an autarch riding a jetbike is great although i don't think GW will be releasing a model for it so you will have to make a conversion yourself

Mojaco
19-12-2006, 21:05
It's simple though. Shining spear (exarch) and the dire avanger sprue should help even the greatest conversion n00b (long time since I used that word).

Karhedron
19-12-2006, 21:18
Agreed, a combination of Shining Spear and Avenger Exarch parts should give you a pretty decent Auatarch. It also has the advantage of being mostly plastic which is a boost.

As to whether GW will be releasing a model, there is nothing Eldary on the schedule at the moment.

Spell_of_Destruction
19-12-2006, 21:37
The question is where to get the compulsary mandiblaster helmet.

Karandras' head is a bit big (I have tried it) and I'm not sure the autarch with the jump generator's head will come off cleanly.

The Emperor
19-12-2006, 21:39
That's a shame. If they were to release an Autarch, Farseer, and Warlocks on Jetbikes, as well as plastic Wraithguard, then Eldar players would have pretty much every army combination open to them. From all Jetbike armies to all Wraithguard armies and so on (Yeah, they can do the latter, now, but for $15 a Wraithguard, it isn't cheap).

Speaking of Autarchs, are the arms from the two Autarch blisters interchangeable (The two in the attachments below)? How about the backpacks? I ask because I'd like to get that Biel-Tan Autarch with the Fusion Gun below and, in place of his Scorpion Chainsword and Warp Spider Jump Generator, I'd like to instead give him the Power Weapon and Swooping Hawk Wings which the other guy's packing. So anyone know? Thanks.

librerian_samae
19-12-2006, 21:42
everything bar the head is seperate and interchangeable, however the sword arm is on the same sprue as the body and you have to order both together:(

FarseerUshanti
19-12-2006, 21:43
not sure about the wings, but the only piece that is interchangeable is the arm with the gun (pistol arm and fusion gun arm, or the pistol arm and reaper launcher arm for the autarch with the wings. Your best bet may be to buy the autarch with the swooping hawk wings and then bitz order the fusion gun arm.

viokni
19-12-2006, 22:02
I have both because my bro wanted the one with wings. Every single part is interchangable. Also the Autarch with Fusion Gun looks better with wings than the one with banshee mask.

The Emperor
19-12-2006, 22:11
Sweet. So the one with the Mandiblaster helmet can get the Swooping Hawk Wings. And the Power Sword, too? That's what I wanted to know. I'd like to build an Autarch with the following equipment: Mandiblasters, Swooping Hawk Wings, Fusion Gun, Power Weapon. Nice to know it can be done.

Gearux
19-12-2006, 22:51
It should be noted that both models come with an extra backpack that just has a pair of banner poles on it.

TheJrade
20-12-2006, 04:05
Hey Emperor, the Infantry Autarch is easy to build and looks pretty neat, but I recommend trying him out on the battlefield first. If such things matter to you, (you wargamer you!) a LanceArch costs about the same but is dramatically more effective.

GildorInglorion
20-12-2006, 07:17

Karandras' head is a bit big (I have tried it) and I'm not sure the autarch with the jump generator's head will come off cleanly.

I used an old Scorpions Exarch body, not the Karandras one. The helmet with mandiblaster is much smaller.

Attached you can find a picture. Please note that somebody, on a previous thread, pointed out that NOT having at least one hand driving the bike is a bit silly. He was perfectly right, so I changed the left arm and I put the fusion gun "at bay" in the canopy. I don't have a new picture, but if you are interested I can shoot one.

Nick

GildorInglorion
20-12-2006, 07:22
Hey Emperor, the Infantry Autarch is easy to build and looks pretty neat, but I recommend trying him out on the battlefield first. If such things matter to you, (you wargamer you!) a LanceArch costs about the same but is dramatically more effective.

I already tried the Autarch on Jetbike pictured in my previous post, and in IMHO he worked perfectly.

I field him together with a Shining Spear Squad (2 warriors + Exarch with Withdraw and StarLance).

Nick

scarletsquig
20-12-2006, 07:50

Well, I've seen this on a couple of conversions now:

Plastic plasma grenades, taken off the guardian sprue, with the end hollowed out so it resembles a tube... one glued on to each side of the helmet makes for some pretty convincing mandiblasters.