PDA

View Full Version : 1500 dwarf list vs. Dark Elves

axels15
20-12-2006, 01:48
The units I know he'll have are a couple of small dark rider units, a COK unit, and executioners. Probably a couple of repeater bolt throwers too

Thane, great weapon, master rune of gromril, rune of resistance, oath stone

Thane, pistol, master rune of swiftness, (2) runes of fury on HW, shield 147

20 dwarf longbeards, shields, full command, rune of slowness 315

10 quarrallers 110

10 thunderers 140

14 Ironbreakers, full command, standard with Master Rune of Grungni (pesky bolt throwers) 262

cannon, engineer, pistols, rune of forging 140

grudge thrower, engineer, pistols, Rune of Accuracy 125

organ gun 120

total 1498

If you have any advice for me I'd be welcome to hear it
thanks in advance

Xeteus
21-12-2006, 23:37
The units I know he'll have are a couple of small dark rider units, a COK unit, and executioners. Probably a couple of repeater bolt throwers too

Thane, great weapon, master rune of gromril, rune of resistance, oath stone
Ok. Buff up this guy with some of the stuff on your other thane and make the other thane a bsb.

Thane, pistol, master rune of swiftness, (2) runes of fury on HW, shield 147
Dont get pistol........ and i would advise you use a Thane BSB with MRofGromril.

Either: 1) Add a Runesmith with RofStone, shield/GW. or 2) Take out 1 thane and make the Thane left a BSB w/ MRofGromril, RofStriking, oathstone, then a Runesmith w/ RofStone, shield/GW, 2xRofSpellbreaking.

20 dwarf longbeards, shields, full command, rune of slowness 315
Wouldnt use Full command just use musician/SB use RofCouarge/RofStoicism instead
10 quarrallers 110
Add Shields

10 thunderers 140
Add shields

14 Ironbreakers, full command, standard with Master Rune of Grungni (pesky bolt throwers) 262
Take out Full command use musician/standard. MRofGrungi is ok i guess

cannon, engineer, pistols, rune of forging 140
Fight Fire with Fire use 2 bolt throwers, 1 with Engi, RofBurning, 1 with Engi, RofPenetrating
grudge thrower, engineer, pistols, Rune of Accuracy 125
Eh, ok but IMO use 10 miners or 10 slayers no command just so you flanks arent screwed.
organ gun 120
Good

total 1498

If you have any advice for me I'd be welcome to hear it
thanks in advance

Ok: get more things to protect your flanks and make sure you use your missle units wisely. Chances are if you take his fast calvary out you just won the game. With a Runesmith with 2xRuneofSpellbreaking his magic will be cut down for 2 turns easy.

Rune of Death
22-12-2006, 00:30
swap out the grudge thrower for 2 bolt throwers.
you can't take the longbeards unless you have a unit of warriors, or you have a character with the royal blood special rule, a dwarf lord.
what is the dark elf player bringing for spellcasters?

axels15
23-12-2006, 00:14
I don't believe any...and what page is that rule bout the longbeards on, musta missed it

Rune of Death
25-12-2006, 16:53
sorry it took so long to get back. computer was down.
i'm using a friend's computer and i don't have my dwarf army book with me. i believe it is befor the rune section. the part that gives fluff for characters and units. hope this help's.

Steel_Legion
25-12-2006, 16:59
Page 52
"You cannot have more units of Longbeards than Warriors"