PDA

View Full Version : Sotec's Exodite Eldar Army

Sotec
21-12-2006, 04:46
So I have made a couple of dragon riders (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36731) and I think I'm going to have a go at painting a whole exodite Eldar army.

My plan is this (just ideas of substitutions):
HQ
Eldar Exodite Lord on Carnosaur with huge lance thingy counting as an Avatar.
Autarch on dragon as a bike.
Farseer counts as a bonesinger.

Elite
Haqrlequins as harliquins.
Scorpions as Seneschels (with Chain halberds!)

Troops
Rangers (Local yokel eldar rednecks, hats with brims)
Wraithguard as Ankylosaur (use lizardmen salamander mounted with harness with rider/gunner and gun mounted on the sides, could be elites too, warlock as a handler, probably cut off the sail part and enlarge with putty).
Jetbikes (Terradon riding Guardians, or just regular jetbikes, use Dark Eldar to get the Star Wars speeder bike look.)
Guardians (more Yokels, more brims, straw, overalls etc)

Fast attack
Shining Spears as Exodite Knights (as above)
Vypers (very large flying dinsaurs or just regular vypers, or birds)

Heavy Support
Warwalkers as... warwalkers
Wraithlord is Stegadon or larger dinosaurs with multiple heavy weapons in panniers.
Support Weapon is a Lizardman Salamander build like the wraithguard but with eldar support weapons..

This log is more for me. I'll do up a list and see how it works out with points and then go from there to decide what to build from this list.

Day 1: Brainstorming...

Cheers!
Sotec

Astador
21-12-2006, 04:47
Sounds good! Now lets see some painted pics!!

FearFrost
21-12-2006, 04:54
Frickin. Sweet.

ZAChos
21-12-2006, 11:04
Don't take the easy way out. Make original creatures rather than stealing from the lizzie range. Thats what really made the knights stand out, and what will really make this army worth it.

nanktank
21-12-2006, 11:28
Thats a very good concept, reminds me of a Mike Mcvey conversion I saw back in the 90's, cant wait to see what they look like painted.

Sotec
21-12-2006, 12:09
Don't worry, the lizzie dino's will only be a basis for the green stuff'n to come.
There will be much kitbashing.

Cheers!
Sotec

Boss_Salvage
21-12-2006, 15:56
Sounds like you've got quite the project ahead of you, can't wait to see where you go from here! Exodites are always cool to see, with all the conversion work that goes everywhere ...

Good luck!

- Salvage

Sotec
22-12-2006, 03:41
HQ
Exodite Lord with Fusion Lance on Carnodon (Avatar of Khaine)

Elites
Dragon Guard with Chainstaves wraithdragons, shruiken pistols , and Plasma Grenades (Striking Scorpions
Dragon Guard Champion with Dragon Claw and Shruiken Pistol, Stalker , Plasma Grenades (Scorpion Exarch with scorpions claw and stalker)
Exodite World Spirit Defender with Dragon's Breath , Shruiken pistol , Spiritblade (Warlock With Destructor, pistol and witchblade)
Spinosaurs x3 with Dragon Guard rider and Wraithcannon (0) (Wraithguard)

Troops
Exodite World Spirit Defender with Shruiken pistol, Spiritblade , Embolden (Warlock with pistol and witchblade)
Exodite Barrow Defenders x14, Scatter Laser Weapon's platform

Exodite World Spirit Defender with Shruiken pistol, Spiritblade, Embolden (Warlock with pistol and witchblade)
Exodite Barrow Defenders x14, Missile Launcher Weapon's platform

Exodite World Spirit Defender on Jetbike with Shruiken pistol, Spiritlance (Warlock with pistol and Singing spear on Jetbike)
Exodite Spire Defenders on Jetbikes x6, Shruiken cannons x 2

Exodite Spire Defenders on Jetbikes x3, Shruiken cannon x1

Rangers x5, Long Rifle, Shruiken Pistol, Cameleoline Cloaks

Fast Attack
Dragon Knight Champion with Laser Lance , Dragon, Withdraw (Shining Spears Exarch, with Withdraw)
Dragon Knight x4 with Laser lance , Dragon (Shining Spears)

Dragon Chaser Jetbikes x2 with 1x Scatter Laser 1x Missile Launcher (Vypers)

Heavy Support 10.9%
Megadon with Exodite Barrow Defender crew, Scatter Laser , Missile Launcher , Shruiken Catapult x2 (Wraithlord)

Large Spinosaurus with Exodite Barrow Defender crew and D-Cannon x1 (Support Weapon with D-Cannon)

That's the list I'm aiming to build. Anyway, back to the bitz box...
Cheers!
Sotec

bobert the great clen one
22-12-2006, 04:00
any new pics of your exodites?

Sotec
22-12-2006, 19:11
Not until I make some. All planning stages right now. Though I do have 5 Kg of Epoxy Sculpt sitting on my desk...

Nice to have people interested.
Cheers!
Sotec

Gazak Blacktoof
23-12-2006, 14:28
Can't wait to see some of this stuff, don't forget to take some in-progress pics so we can see how you're making the models.

Sotec
03-01-2007, 06:56
Refined the plan a little bit more...

HQ
Exodite Lord with Fusion Lance on Carnodon (Avatar of Khaine)

This will stay as is.

Elites
Dragon Guard with Chainstaves wraithdragons, shruiken pistols , and Plasma Grenades (Striking Scorpions
Dragon Guard Champion with Dragon Claw and Shruiken Pistol, Stalker , Plasma Grenades (Scorpion Exarch with scorpions claw and stalker)
swap for Fire Dragons acting as Dragon guard.

Exodite World Spirit Defender with Dragon's Breath , Shruiken pistol , Spiritblade (Warlock With Destructor, pistol and witchblade)
Spinosaurs x3 with Dragon Guard rider and Wraithcannon (0) (Wraithguard)
Still doing this. The Spinosaurs will be converted from old plastic cold one's (perhaps made flatter etc)

Troops
Exodite World Spirit Defender with Shruiken pistol, Spiritblade , Embolden (Warlock with pistol and witchblade)
Exodite Defenders x14, Scatter Laser Weapon's platform

Exodite World Spirit Defender with Shruiken pistol, Spiritblade, Embolden (Warlock with pistol and witchblade)
Exodite Defenders x14, Missile Launcher Weapon's platform

Exodite World Spirit Defender on Jetbike with Shruiken pistol, Spiritlance (Warlock with pistol and Singing spear on Jetbike)
Exodite x6, Shruiken cannons x 2

Exodite Jetbikes x3, Shruiken cannon x1

Rangers

Still doing all this. Might drop some guardians in favour of some Dire avengers/ Think "hick eldar pioneer roughnecks" and you'll be there. Double barreled shruiken catapults, hats with brims, pet dragons like parrots etc)

Fast Attack
Dragon Knight Champion with Laser Lance , Dragon, Withdraw (Shining Spears Exarch, with Withdraw)
Dragon Knight x4 with Laser lance , Dragon (Shining Spears)

Dragon Chaser Jetbikes x2 with 1x Scatter Laser 1x Missile Launcher (Vypers)

Yup, still doing/done.

Heavy Support 10.9%
Megadon with Exodite Barrow Defender crew, Scatter Laser , Missile Launcher , Shruiken Catapult x2 (Wraithlord)

Large Spinosaurus with Exodite Barrow Defender crew and D-Cannon x1 (Support Weapon with D-Cannon)

Having trouble with the idea of a megadon. Might be able to get some large plastic dinsosaur. I don't want it to be too silly but it has to be bigger than a stegadon at least by a factor of 2.

The Support weapon will be mounted like a field gun on anti-grav and drawn by 2 Cold one's.

Cheers!
Sotec

Sotec
10-01-2007, 05:18
http://www.pbase.com/tepoc/image/72875951

This is a Tamiya Chasmosaurus from their convieniently new dinosaur range.

She also has baby...
http://www.pbase.com/tepoc/image/72875958

The base is two 60mm thinck bases built together to make an oval. Right now I'm adding some eldar-ish armour to them then I'll add more hardware (like the bionic eye on Mom. The next step is figuring how to place crew/armament. I'm thinking a double heavy weapon mount is a good idea.

Cheers!
Sotec

Boss_Salvage
10-01-2007, 14:55
Baby chasmo = too damn cute

That said, really like the armor on mom chasmo, looks very good (and that dino sculpt is so much better than the GeeDub stegadon!). Sweet to see some progress, look forward to more.

- Salvage