PDA

View Full Version : 2k Khornate Dragons list (friendly/tourney)

RobbiP
21-12-2006, 18:30
This list is somewhat of a 'multiple threat' type list, where several large beasties are running at the enemy from the flanks with large blocks approaching from the middle... it has 3 dragons in it! (ok, 2 of them are half-dragons.. still) and yeah, check it out:

Korlath the Dragon Tamer
x1 Lord of Chaos
-Dragon
-MoK
-Berserker sword, gaze of gods, collar of khorne
=705

Gornath the Dispeller
x1 Bray Shaman
-2x Dispel scrolls
=125

Bor'lar the Blood Beast
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
-Great weapon
-Light Armour
=306

Gar'bor the Tainted
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
-Great weapon
-Light Armour
=306

Puppies of Khorne
x5 Khorne Flesh Hounds 80
=80

The Blood Brethren
x25 Marauders
-Light armour, shields
-Full command
=205

The Gore Brethren
x23 Marauders
-Light Armour, shields
-full command

Sinew Riders
Tuskgor Chariot
=85

=2003pts

The plan? Hounds and Dragon go out one flank, both shaggoths go on the other. The chariot heads straight up with both blocks on both side. The enemy has to split his force in half to deal with the (big and overtly painted) beasties on either side while the mid slowly but surely works their way up. Theoretically when the middle reaches his lines, his guys should still be in combat with the big guys and at that point he'll be toast due to me probably having simply more combat res then him. Mediocre plan, but hey, I'm new to this 'tactics' :P

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks
/Rob

TheWarSmith
21-12-2006, 18:33
ya need 3 core units. you only have 2.

pcgamer72
21-12-2006, 19:05
ya need 3 core units. you only have 2.

Tuskigor Chariots are core aren't they? So it and the 2 marauder blocks would be 3? Or am I missing something.

Calanduil
21-12-2006, 19:57
Tuskgor Chariots are Special choices if you're doing a horde of chaos army.

Negativemoney
21-12-2006, 19:58
Beasts = Special for a mortal army. you need mortal chariots or a unit of marauder cav.

Juhaaha
21-12-2006, 20:05
I would drop one or both of Shaggots. they are pretty expensive...

pcgamer72
21-12-2006, 20:05
Tuskgor Chariots are Special choices if you're doing a horde of chaos army.

Yep, that's it. Just wasn't paying enough attention, figured I was probably doing that.

TheWarSmith
21-12-2006, 20:30
drop some of the marauders and take a chaos chariot.

Negativemoney
21-12-2006, 21:19
and make that Bray Shaman into a mortal sorcerer so he can go into a unit and not be a target for enemy shooting and magic.

RobbiP
22-12-2006, 01:53
Alright, version 1.1! Now legal! (lol for some reason assumed you only needed 2 cores, like you do for under 2k.. ><)

Korlath the Dragon Tamer
x1 Lord of Chaos
-Dragon
-MoK
-Berserker sword, gaze of gods
=680

Horod the Dispeller
x1 Sorcerer of Chaos
-2x Dispel scrolls
=135

Bor'lar the Blood Beast
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
-Great weapon
-Light Armour
=306

Gar'bor the Tainted
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
-Great weapon
-Light Armour
=306

Puppies of Khorne
x5 Khorne Flesh Hounds 80
=80

The Blood Brethren
x25 Marauders
-Light armour, shields
-Full command
=205

The Gore Brethren
x20 Marauders
-Light Armour, shields
-full command

Gut Reavers
Chaos Chariot
=120

TOTAL: 2002

Changes: Made list legal. Made sorceror capable of joining other units (he'll be with the 20-man squad now)

Anyways, do you guys think this type of army will work? I'm trying to make it as fluffy and competitive as possible, but it's easier said than done :P do you think my 'strategy' will work? Any constructive changes to it? Or, is this idea a complete waste of time and I should try a new list? The more suggestions I can get early, the sooner I can start building!

Thanks
/Rob

Skitter-Squeek
22-12-2006, 02:13
Still not a legal list... You are over by 2 points. Change that then it will be legal, and I then will have no problem with it, seems themed enough :D

Skitter Squeek

Inkosi
22-12-2006, 04:01
Dont look very khornate to me when there is only 1 MoK.

Somehow, i just dont feel this would work.

You 're banking your whole army on 3 models.

The Dragon, and your 2 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth. They might be powerful but a decent amount of shooting and they go down just as easily.

Taking down those 3 models would be close to 1300 points. Good enough to say he won if he wipe the 3 out.

And since there is only 1 MoK, remove it. This in no way looks like a khorne legion. It might be a disadvantage to have your dragon flying all around and baited if your enemy can deploy properly against it.

Unless you are really good at controlling the dragon, take out the MoK.

RobbiP
22-12-2006, 14:25
Thanks for the advice! The reason not a lot of my guys have MoK is because well.. most can't... but regardless, yeah I guess 300 pts doesn't justify 1 big model... ah well guess it took time for me to realize this plan would probably fail.. on to plan B lol (= new army list)

/Rob

Rikkjourd
22-12-2006, 19:00
Chuck out the MoK and all marauders. Then give a chariot to the sorc. Then get 1 more chariot. Deploy the whole army as one big mob on one side of the table! =)

Inkosi
23-12-2006, 03:24
Play the refuse flank and he would be in trouble.