PDA

View Full Version : Master of Wood spell and tree spirits ????

Daumantus
11-07-2005, 14:17
In batle glade forum I have red that in one of White Dwarfs there is some rules edited, that Master of Wood spell from Life is not makeing harm to Dryads and treemen ... I dont believe it could be true, but if you have any info please pot WD number and page please.

malisteen
11-07-2005, 14:22
As far as I know, dryads are hurt by master of the wood just like any other unit.

Thalys
11-07-2005, 14:29
Well, i just downloaded the actual Magic Cards from our German GW Site, and there is written that this spell is NOT harming Dryads and Treemen. I guess it will be changed to Forest Spirits soon, but right now it is only Dryads and Treeman.

This makes the spell really intresting for Woodelves...

Thalys

Edit: I searched on zhe UK Site and found this PDF with the actual Magic Lores:

PDF File (http://uk.games-workshop.com/chronicles/magic/assets/revised-lores.pdf)

Have Fun...
Btw. I guess this thread should be in Ruling Questions not in Rumours...

Nazguire
12-07-2005, 00:51
One of the most useful spells of the one of most useful Lores is suddenly redundant against the new upcoming Wood Elves Forest Spirits. Will give the WE some unprecedented advanatages against those whose tactics revolve around Lore of Life :D

samw
12-07-2005, 03:27
Erm, you mean like other wood elves? :p

malisteen
12-07-2005, 07:08
Wood elves are no longer terribly associated with life lore. Only our lord level mages can use it.

Lord Setra
12-07-2005, 12:07
This is intresting, it means that armies such as Bretonians which make use of the Life lore quite alot could be at a large disadvantage now against WE.

Not that I am complaining, because I am one of the many new WE players:p

risK
12-07-2005, 12:36
you woudn't expect WE to teach Bretonnian Damsels the Loro of Fire....

Lord Setra
12-07-2005, 12:37
Lol Lord of fire is a no go area for the bretonnians.

By order of the welvies:p

Cenyu
12-07-2005, 14:14
This could/would/should be a nice precedence for many more spell "immunities" in the WHFB world.

:-/

Aelorien Darkthorn
12-07-2005, 14:59
Check the BRB, dryads & treemen have always been immune to this spell.

Lord Setra
12-07-2005, 15:02
Hmm I had never notcied it before.

It does make alot of sense though, what spell would turn the forests against those that protect them?

anarchistica
12-07-2005, 15:18
Well, i just downloaded the actual Magic Cards from our German GW Site, and there is written that this spell is NOT harming Dryads and Treemen. I guess it will be changed to Forest Spirits soon, but right now it is only Dryads and Treeman.
I think forests could still hurt Wild Riders, Wild Rider characters and Glamourweave Magi. If they would or should, i'm not sure.

In any case, they and Treekin are still affected. :p