PDA

View Full Version : BW bitz is it secure

liamrob
22-12-2006, 08:36
well cause it is christmas and trying to get things cheap can be a pain. Well i'm curious is battle wagon bits a secure place. Like i can put a credit card or send a money order and do expect for my bitz/boxes will arrive in like 3+ days.

Cause sometimes i gotta say GW is overpricey. (sorry GW people if u read this)

Well post away with if you've purchased from there do u trust it? etc.

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
22-12-2006, 08:48
Well I am from Germany and I ordered for over 100$ 2 weeks ago. The order still has not arrived (although I believe it is because I also will need to pay import taxes which might be the reason for slow delivery).

Sending to Australia I would guess won't be any faster. But looking on BW bits ebay account I would grant him "trustfull".

R1p70r
22-12-2006, 09:21
I ordered from there (To england), and while it was secure, it took 10 days to arrive (When I emailed them before ordering they said it would take 7 maximum) and I was not forewarned of the £10 customs charge I would recieve.

Whle all the pieces DID arrive safely, I would have preferred to have been warned of these to things beforehand.

Tom_ep
22-12-2006, 09:22
I ordered From BWB not so long ago and the package arrived a week after a confirmaton mail had been sent.

Seems reliable to me!

Forbiddenknowledge
22-12-2006, 09:25
I have never ordered from them, but I have heard that they are very reliable, as in very. Overseas shipping may take a while, however.

www.bitzbox.co.uk is a uk based one, done by someone on Warseer I believe, and I'm not sure of how good they are at international, I ordered some bits from them and they arrived in like 2-3 days, when I was expecting a week.

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
22-12-2006, 09:27
I ordered from there (To england), and while it was secure, it took 10 days to arrive (When I emailed them before ordering they said it would take 7 maximum) and I was not forewarned of the 10 customs charge I would recieve.

Whle all the pieces DID arrive safely, I would have preferred to have been warned of these to things beforehand.

Why do you want a warning? Is it the first time you ordered from oversea?
Generally everything not marked as a "gift" will be charged with taxes when sent to the EU from countries not belonging to same.

skyfurnace
22-12-2006, 09:29
I've done a lot of business with Battlewagon over the past couple of years. I think he's got good product at reasonable prices, depending on what you need. In the States, BWB's postage policy is very fair, and probably one of their biggest attractions for return business.

I've always paid for my orders with BWB through PayPal.

*KNOCKS ON WOOD*

I've not once had a problem with payment or receipt of product.

One particular order I made I felt that shipping time was excessive. Two whole weeks within the States is, to me, excessive for shipping, so I just popped them an email and asked about it. I received a 10% discount off my next order for my patience and for the delay... and I thought that was classy.

They've got my own personal endorsement, for whatever that's worth... but I'm inside the States and shipping for me is a lot less expensive and a lot less time intensive.

AventineCrusader
22-12-2006, 09:39
The one order I made from BW was alright, I guess. I ordered multiple items over eBay and after I won the auction they charged me far more shipping than they had initially advertised. When I complained they sent me a credit for my next order, which they then did not allow me to use, and cancelled, when I tried to use it. Hmm... I guess it wasn't really alright now that I think about it...

Crusader

rrchristensen
22-12-2006, 10:58
well cause it is christmas and trying to get things cheap can be a pain. Well i'm curious is battle wagon bits a secure place. Like i can put a credit card or send a money order and do expect for my bitz/boxes will arrive in like 3+ days.

Well post away with if you've purchased from there do u trust it? etc.

I've bought from BWBits three times using my credit card and have had no problems. The rates are reasonable when you only need some specific bits. Don't expect your stuff in three days or even a week, but maybe ten days. First the guy has to process the order along with everyone else's and then take them to the Post Office. (If he went there every time he'd finished a single order, he'd never have time to sleep). That takes 2-4 days. Then USPS takes over, takes your stuff to an airport servicing the Australia-United States route. Your order gets bundled on the next flight to Oz, where a postman must sort all the mail (probably by hand as it will be an odd-sized package rather than a letter), and then your package goes to your local post office where someone must physically deliver it to you.

Didn't mean to come off as a prick :p , but the logistics do take time. Generally, I've gotten my stuff in around 10 days from placing the order. If ten days is too long, reflect on how much money you probably save, and the fact that GW probably couldn't get their overpriced stuff out to you in any less time. Also reflect on the marvellous fact that nowadays you can order stuff over the internet from anywhere in the world and reasonably expect to see in in two weeks. If that's not enough to leave you starry-eyed, you're a cynic. :D

I'm in Europe. The third order did take a little longer than I expected because the package got held up on customs and I had to pay dues. On the other hand, that's a 66% success rate in avoiding customs.

Well I am from Germany and I ordered for over 100$ 2 weeks ago. The order still has not arrived (although I believe it is because I also will need to pay import taxes which might be the reason for slow delivery).

Very likely. Happened to me as mentioned above. But hey, even after customs was added the total price was still fair, and certainly in order to get those specific bits in a brick'n'mortar store - a.k.a. bying whole boxed sets - I'd have had to pay like 15 times what I paid at BWBits. Not an option when you've got bins of bits already and you really don't feel like buying 3 SM commander boxes just for the bionic arm! Even after international shipping that's a saving of, ooh, £23 or something.

Oh, one more thing. Assuming you buy only bits and not boxed sets etc. (for which a different shipping rate applies), BWBits' international shipping is 25% of Games Workshop UK's. Apparently it's cheaper to ship something halfway around the world than from Nottingham UK. :wtf: £8 international shipping PER POUND surely is a blatant money-making scam by Games Workshop.

I ordered from there (To england), and while it was secure, it took 10 days to arrive (When I emailed them before ordering they said it would take 7 maximum) and I was not forewarned of the £10 customs charge I would recieve.

Really, he couldn't have known. BWBits has no ability to influence whether the UK Customs Service decides to intercept your package. Same thing applies to any shop anywhere in the world which you order from. And if your order was a little late, BWBits does not control the airlines** or the United States Postal Service.

**(and if he did, do you think he'd be selling small parts of toy soldiers online for a living? :D )

nightgash
22-12-2006, 11:10
I'm from Australia. Have ordered twice and will order again. One order was over $100USD but I paid with paypal as I do not have a credit card. Processed and came fast.

liamrob
22-12-2006, 13:30
Hmm thanks for this guys. I guess i will have to put it down so i can get at least by the end of the holidays.

I hope my order goes smooth.

BradenK
22-12-2006, 17:27
I've bot LOTS of bits from BWB and I always pay through paypal. I've never had a problem, the bits arrive within a week, and I always look their first before checking GW.

viokni
23-12-2006, 05:32
I live in the US and bought twice. Npth times came within a weak and were well packaged. If I EVER need a bit I always check BWB first.

SuperMitch
23-12-2006, 05:48
Bought a big order of $150+ for myself and a friend of both boxes and bits. Came very quickly (within 4 days) and was basically hassle free. Even though I screwed up with a billing address on my credit card, they sorted it out with me within 24 hours of the purchase by e-mail.

Cypher
23-12-2006, 07:23
Yeah I've used them a few times and never had any issues. The ability to buy bits from plastic kits is very useful, since GW dont do this themselves (actually you cant buy any bits at all from GW Oz :( )

fwacho
23-12-2006, 07:36
I tried to mail a necron army to England once from the States.... the guy hd had turn it back because they slapped a a 40 pound fee on it. if you keep order under 60 pounds it should get through.

crandall87
23-12-2006, 10:30
I have now ordered a few bits from them to test out the competition. How many people from the UK have had to pay a custom charge on their order? I have ordered many things from the US before without having to pay a fee.

Also at BB we usually post the bits on the day of order or the day after so most orders arrive within 2-3 days but sometimes it could be next day within the UK. EU orders take about 5 days and international orders take about a week.

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
23-12-2006, 10:56
Not to forget talking about times it takes to deliver: it is X-mas time. Postal services will be busy all over the planet.

To customs charge: In Germany only import-orders of 22 or above (or not declared as "gift") will be charged with tax fees.

As I said above: First time order in the US, already paid and also was informed it has been shipped (almost 10 days ago) but still waiting for it :(

If you guys would not mind giving a hint where you are from? Telling us your order arrived in 2-3 days means nothing as you cannot compare you, living just next state (in the USA) and us, who are somewhere on the other side of this dirtball (excuse me - Terra :D )

Bluesabre
23-12-2006, 11:13
Liamrob, I have ordered from him and had no problems. Expect shipping here to perth to be up too 2 weeks from the states, it can vary.

mephetran
23-12-2006, 11:22
I also have ordered bits from Battlewagon and the bits arrived within the 7days of paying with paypal.

Very happy with the service and would use again.

Meph.

Pain
23-12-2006, 11:58
There's also http://conversionbits.zoovy.com/ ... its cheaper but they don't have all the stuff battlewagon Bits has (e.g. Bits from the Command Squad).

Bitbox.co.uk is a little strange, my browser (firefox 2.0) shows me a website with a curios mix of english and german descriptions, the "Kategorien"-Box is empty (no links) etc ...

SergeantBernie
23-12-2006, 12:21
I've placed 3 orders from BattleWagon Bitz in the past 6 months. Their website is easy to navigate, fairly priced and very clear. All three orders arrived in less than a week from order placement. In addition, I have purchased items through them from Ebay and they did appropriately discount the shipping. I think too often people complain about not getting "the advertised shipping discount" from a seller when they are either 1.) Winning auctions over a period of a day or two OR 2.) Not communicating with the seller by telling them "Hey, I just won two auctions and I have a third coming up in 5 hours. Please combine shipping on all of these when they come in."

Sellers aren't omnipotent and all knowing, so keeping them informed of your expectations and intentions as a consumer is a great help in keeping both sides satisfied with the transactions. Email and Ebay notes are free, use them to your advantage.

My experience with them has been wonderful, and I've paid both via credit card and Paypal to them with not a single problem. Order with confidence.

Nebhr Gudahtt
23-12-2006, 12:50
Oh, one more thing. Assuming you buy only bits and not boxed sets etc. (for which a different shipping rate applies), BWBits' international shipping is 25% of Games Workshop UK's. Apparently it's cheaper to ship something halfway around the world than from Nottingham UK. :wtf: £8 international shipping PER POUND surely is a blatant money-making scam by Games Workshop.

They charge so much for shipping to make sure the prices are higher than what you'd pay in your local GW shop. In most European countries the prices are a little higher than they are in the UK, and if it weren't for the shipping costs there would be little to no reason to buy locally, making GW compete with itself. With higher prices but greater selection the online store caters to a slightly different market.

It's like with region coding of DVDs. It has nothing to do with TV systems and everything to do with market control. I bet GW would region code their sprues if they could. ;)

rrchristensen
23-12-2006, 16:03
They charge so much for shipping to make sure the prices are higher than what you'd pay in your local GW shop. In most European countries the prices are a little higher than they are in the UK, and if it weren't for the shipping costs there would be little to no reason to buy locally, making GW compete with itself. With higher prices but greater selection the online store caters to a slightly different market.

It's like with region coding of DVDs. It has nothing to do with TV systems and everything to do with market control. I bet GW would region code their sprues if they could. ;)

Yeah! BWBITS dude, if you are reading this: I would HAPPILY buy all my GW stuff from you if you decided to branch out and carry metal bits as well. Case in point: those delectable bionics in the old Iron Hands squad box. To some extent you are doing this already, viz. the metal devastators. I imagine that there are some problems with this path since you're not already on it full scale - maybe GW won't let you have bits at a discount as opposed to boxed sets - but wow would I ever spend my university scholarship like nobody's business at your site if you could! :D

liamrob
24-12-2006, 01:28
It's good how there are some aussies that have ordered from there like bluesabre and some others.

I will have to wait prob till JAN 5th for my order to arrive in AUS then. Thanks so much for all the help.

spevna
24-12-2006, 13:14
I dont have a bad word to say about them. Good prices. great selection, my stuff arrived in good condition and they replied straight away to any querries I had.

You can do business with them in confidence.

Bregalad
25-12-2006, 09:46
I have heard that they have a good reputation. But I ordered a limited Autarch 3rd November, they said it would arrive via air mail in less than two weeks, and I still got nothing for my 40.00 $. Their late reaction: "We have sent it, may be in customs". Nothing else yet. So currently, I am not impressed by their service.

Zedric
25-12-2006, 13:39
Anyone know of an equivalent site that offers Necron bits?

That BitzBox offers the green rods, but I'm looking for the guns, specifically.

cybertron2000uk
25-12-2006, 22:44
Ive mustve had 6 packets of bits from them....very good ...I wished I found about them... years ago...

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
29-12-2006, 13:08
Don't know if I am the first of all German users of this forum who ordered from BWbits, but at the start of this thread I wrote I had purchased before christmas but it had not arrived yet...

It arrived today. 15 days later (but we won't forget-the x-mas holidays between) and went through customs/tax check....

It was a 112$ order but was sent in an envelope (those with poly/airbubble)...did not pay a Cent on customs charge.:p (guess the guys at the airport who do the charges were busy before christmas, I am a lucky one ;) )

Jestor
29-12-2006, 13:54
I order stuff from them all the time (I live in the USA) and stuff always arrives in a couple of days and have never had an issue.

crandall87
29-12-2006, 13:55
Anyone know of an equivalent site that offers Necron bits?

That BitzBox offers the green rods, but I'm looking for the guns, specifically.

We will stock some of these in the first quarter of 2007 but I really cannot say exactly when. Our range is getting expanded in 2007 to include more variety. This will most likely see more necron, eldar, dark eldar, tau, kroot and tyranids being added to the 40k range.

Tualarc
29-12-2006, 14:42
I've used BW multiple times and I'll keep going back to him. Being in the states the postage is awesome and typically I have bits within 5-6 days of purchasing them. My slowest order yet is my current one but I also placed it during the Christmas Megasale so I wasn't expecting it to come quickly.

Zorz Muaddieb
29-12-2006, 20:14
I spent a good amount, over 1k, with BWB this year and I will probably spend a good amount next year.

-Z

thelightbringer
29-12-2006, 20:25
Ive ordered stuff and no probs!! I think if you order stuff to be less than 30 quid there is no costoms charge! Ive found them great!! Equipping all my assault squads with melta bombs!! Lets have chaos filth! Kampfgruppe gogmagog, Ultramarine chapter!

Bregalad
17-01-2007, 14:49
I did not receive my limited Autarch after two months, BW bits said they can do nothing. Got no refund. So I lost 44 Dollars for nothing. Another bidder didn't receive his items either this month. As BW bits standard shipping is not insured and communications are poor and not helpful, I can't reccommend this company :mad:

machine_recovered_meat
17-01-2007, 15:47
Anyone in the UK ordering stuff from overseas - Customs/Import Duty and VAT: are usually levied on things with a value of 18 and upwards.

sometimes you can get away without it at all,
and oftentimes if an item is marked 'gift' it will also be free from it [unless it's worth lots and the packaging is marked in such a way as to reflect that]

lord_blackfang
17-01-2007, 15:56
Out of curiosity, how much could one expect to pay for import tax stuff in the UK, and elsewhere in Europe?

In Slovenia, the threshold is about 15. Any package over that value gets hit with a 15% Import Duty, followed by 20% VAT, and then a flat rate of about 3 for "handling" at the customs office :rolleyes:

The stupidest thing is they count shipping cost towards the total value, so you pay VAT and import duty on shipping :wtf:

Axel
17-01-2007, 16:08
For Germany the border for customs is around 20€, though sometimes small packages and envelopes escape the attention of the custom office.

Custom used to be on all international trade, but trade in the EU was unified decades ago - the seller pays vat in his homeland, which covers this for all EU countries. If a seller ships outside of the EU, the VAT should be deducted before payment, though some conveniently forget about that one.

Lord Blackfang, the usual rule should be either customs or vat. Charging you with both, and including shipping costs here, sounds like some weired interpretation of the law. It may be, however, that the handling on imports from countries outside of the EU are not yet standardized, so that any country keeps up its own way to handle this.

To avoid that trouble on imports of stuff into the EU you should look for any distributor within the EU. If you find someone in the Euro-zone, you can make a direct bank-transfer to him (no additional charges allowed by the banks) and shipment costs are usually not excessive. No idea, however, wether there is any European distributor for BW.

machine_recovered_meat
17-01-2007, 16:13
Out of curiosity, how much could one expect to pay for import tax stuff in the UK, and elsewhere in Europe?

In Slovenia, the threshold is about 15. Any package over that value gets hit with a 15% Import Duty, followed by 20% VAT, and then a flat rate of about 3 for "handling" at the customs office :rolleyes:

The stupidest thing is they count shipping cost towards the total value, so you pay VAT and import duty on shipping :wtf:
No handling fee at all - that's the carrier [UPS, DHL, Parcel Farce] that charges that in the UK.
As for the rate, not sure - depends on how it's calculated - which depends on what it's declared as, and VAT @17.5%.

It's harsh, no doubt - Import duty = %age of the value of goods + shipping cost + insurance [if taken]
UK VAT = 17% of the Total of value of goods + shipping cost [inc ins.] + Import Duty.

Having said that, I understand that Import Duty is actually an EU levy [at least for members of the EU]

lord_blackfang
17-01-2007, 16:25
To avoid that trouble on imports of stuff into the EU you should look for any distributor within the EU. If you find someone in the Euro-zone, you can make a direct bank-transfer to him (no additional charges allowed by the banks) and shipment costs are usually not excessive. No idea, however, wether there is any European distributor for BW.

On that subject... I recently ordered a Sabol army case from the US, as even with all the taxes and shipping across the globe it was still cheaper than getting if from a German distributor. Apparently Deutsche Post thinks Slovenia is a war-torn country somewhere in central Africa or something. For the shipping cost they charge, I'd expect my package to be air-dropped from a gold-plated helicopter within 1 hour of payment. :rolleyes:

Mythrider
18-01-2007, 00:28
I`ve never had an issue with BWBits, have ordered from them several times and will continue to do so. I`m in Canada and have had no issues with shipping, any delays that have occured have been due to Customs.

Very rarely do I end up paying any import fees. The only time I have had to pay duty was when I ordered 2 large figure cases at the same time (the red and green GW cases).

Pricing is excellent. All in for these 2 cases (cost of items + shipping + exchange + duty) saved me over $70 CAD vs. the cost of the same items at my local GW.

Khornies & milk
18-01-2007, 03:53
I'm in Brissie, and I orgered some bits on the 2/1, and they arrived exactly 2 weeks later - no fuss, no worry.

highly recommend them, and will be using them again.

cheers

I ordered some as well as orgered them (hehe)

liamrob
18-01-2007, 11:18
I thought this went dead. Well i spent about $140 Aud and it arrived in 22 days. Oh well i don't mind. It was great. Normally i would of spent about $280 so this was more than half price!!!!

I highly recommend them. When i'm half way through my SM army i will be ordering some nid stuff so i can start another army. :) Or make it up to about 2500 pt SM or get some more models to practise conversions. (i don't know)

But yes i highly recommend them.

Axel
18-01-2007, 12:00
On that subject... I recently ordered a Sabol army case from the US, as even with all the taxes and shipping across the globe it was still cheaper than getting if from a German distributor.

Yep, I just looked it up and Slovenia is up there in Zone 2, which is quite hefty for international packs upwards of 2 kg: 30€ - Slovakia, zone 1, gets it for 17€, and sending it to the US or Africa is only slightly more expensive then to Slovenia. Sometimes the simplification of tarrifs does not really make sense.
BTW: Up to 2kg you should only pay 9€, though. Perhaps this distributor simply lumped all shipments into the "heavy" section.

Voodoo Boyz
18-01-2007, 13:47
I live in the US and I've ordered from BWB 3 times before this morning, when I put in a very large order as the 4th one. Every order has arrived promptly.

Heck thanks to them I'm getting a large chunk of a Dwarf army for dirt cheap (yay for Warrior & Miner blocks!).

75hastings69
18-01-2007, 13:55
I have never ordered from them, but I have heard that they are very reliable, as in very. Overseas shipping may take a while, however.

www.bitzbox.co.uk is a uk based one, done by someone on Warseer I believe, and I'm not sure of how good they are at international, I ordered some bits from them and they arrived in like 2-3 days, when I was expecting a week.

Lucky you!! I have emailed them 5 times asking for bits (as it says if you want something to contact them) and they haven't even answered one email!!!