PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Ogre Kingdoms list - Some help please.

EvilMonkey
23-12-2006, 18:36
Hoping to start these guys in the new year, choose them as they are different to my Wood elves i play at the moment. Heres a 2000pt list and i was hoping i could get some feedback on it.

Ogre Tyrant, The Tenderiser, Heavy Armour, Luck Gnoblar, Kineater 296pts

Butcher, 2 Tooth Gnoblars, Bangstick 165pts

Butcher,2 Tooth Gnoblars, Dispel Scroll 165pts

4 Ogre Bulls, Extra Hand Weapons, Standard Bearer, Musician, Lookout Gnoblar 191pts

4 Ogre Bulls, Extra Hand Weapons, Standard Bearer, Musician, Lookout Gnoblar 191pts

4 Ironguts, Standard Bearer (Warbanner), Musician, Lookout Gnoblar 252pts

25 Gnoblars 50pts

25 Gnoblars 50pts

8 Gnoblar Trappers 48pts

2 Leadbelchers 120pts

2 Leadbelchers 120pts

Gorger 75pts

Gorger 75pts

Total 1989pts

Dtrik
23-12-2006, 18:44
Overall looks like a good list but there are a few things I would change. For the characters, tooth gnoblars aren't worth the poitns (unless you are trying to fill up a couple left over points), Id drop em. Id fill the extra butcher magic points with either more dispel scrolls, halfling cookbook, and/or skullmantle. The tyrant looks good though. For the bulls Id drop the XHWs, standards, and lookout gnoblars. The extra hand weapons are good but expensive, especially on small units of bulls who should be used for screens or flankers. The standards could be kept if you have extra points so thats up to you, but there isn't a point to take lookout gnoblars if there isn't a character in the unit, drop those because they don't do anything. Other than that I say your list looks good. Two gorgers is a good strategy and gnoblar fighters and trappers are nice and helpful. Good luck!

kyussinchains
23-12-2006, 19:28
I usually keep my bulls naked, the ogre club on its own is about as useful as an extra hand weapon, against many of these light armour+shield troops, it's invaluable as it will double the number of kills you get

I'd drop a unit of bulls, as well as the lookout gnoblars, then invest the points in 4 ironguts instead, I might also drop a leadbelcher and have a single unit of 3

otherwise, looks like a good all round list

cookiescrumble
23-12-2006, 20:47
Looks like a good list to me, i'm quessing the Lookout gnoblars are for the Characters, 4 units and 3 characters. I would use the spare points you have, upgrade two of the units to have Ironfists. Then you have the choice to use them as shields, even if you won't use them that often.

I would suggest looking through Avians Ogre Tactica (link (http://folk.ntnu.no/tarjeia/avian/tactics/ogre_index.php))