PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts ogres based around ogre rhinox cavalry

Negafex
11-07-2005, 20:12
this is my new army list using the forge world rhinox cavalry and thunderlord. its fluff is that this ogre band ( not a tribe, just a mercinary band that roams around) is from the great planes and herds rhinoxen as war beasts and a food source and for cash they travel with the great caravans. leaning more towards a neutral not evil ogre army that doesnt pilage and raid nearly as much as others

heres the list

My somewhat custom bruiser for which i am using the thunder lord model-bull rhinox,heavy armor,ironfist, sword of might.

butcher-2 tooth gnoblars, halfling cookbook

6 ogre bulls-ironfists, crusher, bellower

8 ogre ironguts- gutlord, bellower

2 bull rhinox riders-ironfist, heavy armor

24 gnoblar fighters

this should be about 2000 pts. i can take out the gnoblars to get the specifics of the points. its meant more for fluff than function but any advice would help.

Nukem
11-07-2005, 20:20
No standard in the bull units or ironguts? I would drop the champions and add the standard, as with only one additional attack doesn't really make that much of a difference and for 20 points... thats more then half of another orge ><

I like the idea of using Rhinox Cav. I have yet to make a list when them, but they look like they can deal out the pain. :)

Negafex
11-07-2005, 21:58
yeah they are pretty neat but man are they expensive( for those of us working on an allowance). i am relitively new to fantasy though so what do standards do? and is leadership not the unfailable joke it is in 40k?

Nukem
11-07-2005, 22:12
omg no lol Leadership is key in Fantasy lol.

Standards give you a +1 to the combat resolution and if you capture a enemy standard you get a extra 100vp's at the end of the game

They are key to breaking the enemy in my opinion. I rather have a guarenteed +1 to combat res then one extra attack :P

Negafex
11-07-2005, 22:42
ive only been playin fantasy for about a month so i dont really understand psychology completely but im a relative veteran of 40k so im no amature but there are definitely a lot of differences. games go a lot faster i noticed as a game of 40k takes us about 1-2 hours if were speed playing 1000pts but 1000pts of fantasy only took about 45 minutes and we were just learning. but we probably forgot to do a ton of stuff. any advice on learning fantasy?

Nukem
11-07-2005, 22:56
Holy crap... its usually the other way around... 40k games are fast.. fantasy takes longer.

Other people could explain it more in detail as I am horrible at explaining things lol

samw
12-07-2005, 01:02
If you want to learn fantasy simple, ask ask ask and it shall be given you. If in doubt ask someone who knows. A good idea would be to get a friend who knows the game pretty well and ask them to watch a game and point things out. Personally I like watching games, offering sweets/beer depending on age group in return can usually persuade the more reluctant to lend a hand.

Negafex
12-07-2005, 04:46
hmmm good idea but i find that drunk and warhammer usually lead to broken models and small swords in your feet(funny story but dont ask). i think ill stick with soda. but thanks for the advice