PDA

View Full Version : first 1000 point hordes of chaos army

darklordzoul
24-12-2006, 19:43
so im switching over form 40k and thought i do this hows my first list any thoughts

Hero
-aspiering champ
mark of tzeentch
familier
sword of might
185pts.

Core
-12 warriors of chaos
mark of t
shields
musican,champ,standard
230pts

-16 marauders
flails
light armor
mus,champ,standard
137pts.

-14 marauders
flails
light armor
mus,champ,standard
123pts.

Special
-3 screamers
99pts.

-10 horrors
150 pts.

Rare
-spawn
mark of t
75pts.

Jhayden
24-12-2006, 20:05
Marauders may be cheap, but damn are they just not really worth the points.

The only way they're actually worth anything is if you put them in one large block to halt charges of your chaos warriors.

I say drop your biggest unit of marauders and take another unit of chaos warriors.

Asentaja
25-12-2006, 11:24
Marauders are best used in blocks of 20 models, giving 3 rank bonuses. I know the boxed sets contain 16 maras, but what can you do...
I would field warriors in units of 15 for 2 rank bonuses, but 12 can work too if put into two ranks of 6 warriors each.
Oh, and no point taking light armour for marauders unless you take shields aswell.
And buy a shield for your champion.

kyussinchains
25-12-2006, 21:40
if you're planning on making a fighty champion, upgrade him to exalted, you get +1 A, WS and I for a measly 20 points, not to mention that you can give him a daemonic mount.

Marauders work best with HW+sheild, if they have flails, they should be used in smaller units as flankers

lorelorn
26-12-2006, 02:16
I like the list. I would actually keep the marauder units, and drop the warriors for more effective knights. Give your general a steed to join that unit. The daemon units will trouble players, and a lot of people underestimate the Mark of Tzeentch on a spawn.

As has been said, of course upgrade your general to exalted status. There is no reason not to as the bonus is a steal for 20 points. I would probably drop the familiar for something like the Eye for a 3+ ward save, or Armour of Damnation to make you harder to hit successfully.

darklordzoul
27-12-2006, 20:25
hows this i lost the armor on the maruaders to make them a cheap flank attack the horses will work with them to hit the front the screamers stay back and use slashing the champ goes with the chaos warriors and the spawn goes with the horrors hitting them with the breath attack and horror magic

Hero
-exalted champion of chaos
mark of tzeentch
familier
sword of might
hand weapon
205pts.

Core
-12 warriors of chaos
mark of t
shields
musican,champ,standard