PDA

View Full Version : Black Templar Codex for Soul Drinkers?

Cain1001
25-12-2006, 00:45
How far off would I be in using the Black Templars Codex for my Soul Drinkers? I like parts of the Space Marine Codex, but it's missing that edge, the Chaos codex is interesting for all of the options, but in my understanding there are some nice similarities between the Soul Drinkers and BT.

#1 - They are both successor chapters from the Imperial Fists and share a geneseed.

#2 - They both pride themselves on C&C

#3 - Both chapters have a very Non-Codex aspect about them.

Now I realize that Soul Drinkers are not true Marines and yet are not true Chaos either.

What do you think?

*Edit: Any comments or ideas?

Does anyone think using the BT codex would be accepted in a tourney?

t-tauri
25-12-2006, 22:13
Soul Drinkers are led by a Librarian. Black Tempars don't have Librarians. Not the best fit I'm afraid.

Cain1001
26-12-2006, 19:07
I am not much of a fan of Sarpedon and Librarians in general. I am not making an exact replica of the book Soul Drinkers.

I always have the option of using the Space Marine Codex or Chaos codex if I want Sarpedon.....:p

Overlord Krycis
26-12-2006, 19:40
I don't think the BT codex is really the best choice...mostly because the way the Black Templars play in game and the way I have read about the Soul Drinkers fight just don't seem to mesh.
Best bet is to either use the SM codex or Chaos one leaving out most of the overtly Daemonic stuff.

Onisuzume
27-12-2006, 10:38
I'd say go for it; using heretics to represent heretics, what could be wrong about it?