PDA

View Full Version : [2000] Goblins - Fight Like Gnoblars !

Wolf_Pack
25-12-2006, 03:49
I've had to reshape my gnoblar army with the 7th edition and a new codex, so here's what I rounded up:

Lords & Heroes

Goblin Warboss @ 126 pts
Great Weapon, Amulet Of Protectyness,
Bigged's Ed Kickin' Boot

Night Goblin Shaman @ 130 pts
Level 2 Caster, Dispel scroll, Nibla's Hitty Ring

Night Goblin Shaman @ 125 pts
Level 2 Caster, Horn Of Ugrok

Goblin Big Boss @ 110 pts
Battle Standard, Mork's Spirit Banner

Core

29 Night Goblins @ 217 pts
Nets, 3 Fanatics
Full Command

25 Night Goblins @ 205 pts
Nets, 3 Fanatics
Full Command

25 Goblins @ 120 pts
Shields
Full Command

25 Goblins @ 120 pts
Shields
Full Command

6 Spider Riders @ 90 pts
Short Bows
Musician

6 Spider Riders @ 90 pts
Short Bows
Musician

Special

8 Squig Hoppers @ 120 pts

8 Squig Hoppers @ 120 pts

2 Spear Chukkas @ 70 pts

2 Spear Chukkas @ 70 pts

Rare

Giant @ 205 pts

Doom Diver @ 80 pts

Models 163
Power 6
Dispel 4-7

Not extractly a horde, but still 150+ models. My main consern is my choice of banner for the battle standard, the Raggedy red banner is also a very interesting choice. Also, I am not too sure about how to kit my lord, but I think this configuration is an all comers, but I could go for the one hit wunda build.

Count de Monet
26-12-2006, 19:29
Isn't Mork's Spirit Banner "Orcs only"?

Out of the Gobbo available banners, if you go with a magic one the Raggedy Red Banner seems most effective for a gobbo force, though the generic warbanner could be useful too, boost up the CR.

Madgit
26-12-2006, 20:48
Raggedy Red Banner is great, you really can't go wrong with that in a Gobbo army. As for how to kit your boss, this thread had some good ideas: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56723

Wolf_Pack
28-12-2006, 23:48
Yeah, I forgot about the orcs only, made the list on silly army builder on my laptop.

I really tipped over the the raggedy red banner, just to make sure my general gets to spread is leadership as long as possible.

Those caracter builds are very sneaky, bu they don't do well against rank and file because of it's low strength. Hence why i use a great weapon, but i could switch aroudn the boot for the gnasha, killing blow is always nifty. But I'll consider the one hit wundan set up.

My main concern is now fielding any wolves, should I try to incorporate them instead of the spiders ?