PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts slaaneshi chaos army, need help again

athamas
26-12-2006, 13:25
ok, this is what i have so far, its 1100 pts,
so i have 400 more to add, im thinking of making up the rest asa beast unit, a bray shaman, and more hounds....

do you think this would work?

[this is what i own already and so i would like to spend as little more money as possible, the only thing i have more of is hounds]
Swords of Chaos

Exalted Champion of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh [MoS]
Barded Chaos steed
Great Fang
Shield

Mark of Slaanesh [MoS]
Steed of Slaanesh
Gase of the gods
Sword of might
shield

5 Chosen knights of Slaanesh
MoS
Full Command

5 Knights of Slaanesh
MoS
Full comand
Rapturous Standard

4*5 Chaos hounds 120

kyussinchains
26-12-2006, 13:45
looks to me like you're missing out on some static CR, how about a unit of 20 marauders with full command, HW+sheild, a unit of 6 mounted daemonettes, and perhaps another character, a sorcerer or something?

or you could take 12 chosen warriors with halberds and shields, and stick another exalted champion in there, that would be about 500 points or so...

plus you'd only have to buy a single box of warriors and a character model that way

ardude
26-12-2006, 14:38
I wouldn't go for warriors.
you already got 2 damn pricy and small units who hit like hell.
get 2 beast herds both between 16-20
maby a beast chariot and some furys would be nice 2!
( and some magic defance)

athamas
26-12-2006, 17:31
well magic deffence would be a bray shamen with a dispell scroll and a power stone i think,

but that comes in at a grand total of 180 pts.. 1 box of marked beastmen would give me 136pts and the remening 84 can be made up with 14 more hounds... giving me a total of 34 hounds.. 4*6 + 2*5

Hywel
26-12-2006, 17:51
Well, I don't see any point in trying to shoehorn infantry in with only 400pts, you might as well keep going down the road you've chosen. Therefore I'd say mounted daemonettes are ideal provided you want to purchase any... A cheaper option in terms of points is marauder horse. But if we're looking to eat points for minimum money then mounted daemonettes and a mounted sorceror is ideal.

More hounds is always good news for a fast slaanesh army. Allows you to use up your opponents deployment so you can see exactly where his army lies. You'll be wanting the second turn with this army anyway. Also the obvious charge blocking/supporting whatever, and no-one panics from their deaths. If you end up with a fair number of them on the table you might want to consider a ranked unit of them with perhaps the mounted sorceror for leadership. It's not very effective but against some opposition you might be able to deliver a fast flank charge with rank bonus...

athamas
26-12-2006, 19:08
well i could do

Sorcer of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh [MoS]
Barded Chaos steed
Level 2
Dispel scroll
power stone [allowas me to use 6 die in 1 turn for some extra magic if needed]

5 mounted deamonets, 150

leaving me 44 points for 7 extra hounds,

buying the mounted deamonets are not a problem, but the chaos scorcer is possibly one of ths ugliest models ever.... but i cant think of anything to replace him with...

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
27-12-2006, 02:57
Give a warrior a staff and a fancier cloak?

athamas
27-12-2006, 10:27
this is for a mounted character...

Hywel
27-12-2006, 15:00
You can use pretty much anything as a mounted slaaneshi sorceror. An appropriately painted elven or human mage for example. If needs be you can always do the odd weapon swap and stick some more spikes on his horse using your bits box! My mounted slaaneshi sorceror is Lucrezzia Belladonna for example.

The following suggestion depends how much you want to enjoy having a mage in your army really. If you want to fiddle around and use some of the funky slaanesh spells, keep him as is.
If you're looking for points efficiency, I'd say MoS and level 2 is a slight waste, you're already looking a bit character heavy for the army. However, at a low points value I guess he may well be enough magic muscle. Personally if you're taking this road I'd think about a power familiar. 5 power dice and 4 dispel dice every turn is a good haul in 1500pts and probably averages out over the 6 turns as more effective than your two one-use items.

athamas
27-12-2006, 16:56
well i caved to GW buying surgestions... or rather, i could not face making up more hound bases that i had too, and it allows me to have a nice conversion, and something to use as a nasty suprise in 2k...

i went for another slaneshi steed, so i will have 2 of these running around, and it will protect him abit more, aswell as allowing hit to aid in a flank charge sucsessgully or simular..

so army list now is...

Swords of Chaos

Mark of Slaanesh [MoS]
Barded Chaos steed
Great Fang
Shield

Mark of Slaanesh [MoS]
Steed of Slaanesh
Gase of the gods
Sword of might