PDA

View Full Version : Black Dragon's Xbox Live Halo Clan Enlistment.

Aun'aart'al
11-07-2005, 23:13
Black Dragonís

Colors
Primary: Black/Steel
Secondary: Red
Restrictions: No inexperienced players please.
Members: 1

Note: Site for clan will be made shortly, and I am having problems with Xbox Live, so you will need to apply here instead of on Live. I do apologize if this creates any inconveniences.

Any and all information displayed here may be subject to change at any given point in time without notice.

Aun'aart'al
12-07-2005, 20:50
*bumps thread*

Talkie Toaster
12-07-2005, 21:22
When requesting people to join your clan, it does seem a little impolite to put entrance restrictions on, particularly wide-ranging ones like 'no inexperienced players'. Surely that kind of limit is more suited to a clan with demand to join?

Aun'aart'al
13-07-2005, 06:35
sorry, but lately Ive seen players who.. just say "screw it" and start firing rockets at their own team members, and.. well.. I want to avoid that, but I wasnt trying to be impolite

Haanz
13-07-2005, 10:02
What kind of clan? Tournament or Casual? Competetive of 'just trying to find people to game with'? And for petes sake. 'No inexperienced players' is rather silly. Ask for a rank number range. I'm an experienced player. Been playing for about a year on weekends. But I still suck (only a 10, when my rank isn't mysteriously being reset). Do you mean, Experienced or Good?

Just some suggestions, if you're looking to attract more people.

.. Black, Steel and Red.. *eye twitches*

Colonel Cleric
13-07-2005, 13:09
What kind of clan? Tournament or Casual? Competetive of 'just trying to find people to game with'? And for petes sake. 'No inexperienced players' is rather silly. Ask for a rank number range. I'm an experienced player. Been playing for about a year on weekends. But I still suck (only a 10, when my rank isn't mysteriously being reset). Do you mean, Experienced or Good?

Rank, doesnt work, i have been up to near 30 but because of modders im back to 26, your rank was reset because of the auto update bungie did a few months back after they 'fixed' standby although now the problem is worse and halo has become a joke to play.

Ravening Wh0re
13-07-2005, 14:35
Rank, doesnt work, i have been up to near 30 but because of modders im back to 26, your rank was reset because of the auto update bungie did a few months back after they 'fixed' standby although now the problem is worse and halo has become a joke to play.

Very true. I suspect that Bungie will have to reset ranks again soon once (if) they fix the rampant cheating going on.
I actually get twitches now whenever Containment or Warlock pop up :(

I'm not ace at the game, but I do enjoy playing it. (I have to stay up late at night to play with UK peeps, ususally starting at 3am :()
If it's for s#!ts and giggles, I'll play with you guys.
If it's serious, well then, no thanks

Samoth
13-07-2005, 15:23
If you dont live in the us, latency doesnt help either.

Ravening Wh0re
13-07-2005, 20:56
If you dont live in the us, latency doesnt help either.

That's true. I lag a lot, even though I've got a 6mb line :(

Aun'aart'al
13-07-2005, 21:28

oh I do apologize.

I believe the clan may start out casual, and then work its way to tournament if there are enough players, and I still dont fully understand the ranking system with the numbers and such, like I dont know what the high numbers and low numbers are, because for all I know, there could be many people with a rank of 110, and as low as 20, but I wouldnt know right, so I put the "no inexperienced players please" bit. And I do thank you for your suggestions. Also, as I made note in the first post, the information is subject to change at any time, so if I have enough players that are part of it and dont agree with the colors, but do agree with another set of colors, then it will be changed :)

Samoth
14-07-2005, 13:32
Okie dokie then: You start any of the ranked "playlists" as rank 1. A playlist is a type of game, eg "Big Team Battle" plays with 16 players, 8 to a side, on the large maps, with game types like assault and ctf.

"Team Slayer" plays with 8 players, 4 to a side, and plays slayer games on the medium sized maps. There are of course many more playlists, and some of which are simply unranked versions of the ranked ones, meaning you can practise or play with guests who dont have live online.

As you win games, depending on the particular playlist, your rank will go up, and down if you lose. Winning a few games will usually push your rank up a level. You start as a level 1 in each individual playlist, and can get all the way up to the 50. The middle rank is 25, but I'm not sure if that is average. A lot of the higher ranks are simply cheaters who use a variety of means to unfairly win.

Latency, also, isnt lag. Latency is the time it takes for the actions you input into your controller, to travel, at the speed of light, to the host's xbox (usually somewhere in america). For UK, this is often 150 ms, meaning the enemy is basically 150 milliseconds faster in everything they do. For australians it is usually 200 milliseconds. If you have ever noticed that the sword or shotgun doesnt hit, or the sniper rifle cant hit people in the head, etc etc, it is because of latency. What you see happened 150 milliseconds ago, so the enemy you shot at/locked onto isnt there anymore. This also works the other way round, meaning that if an enemy comes round the corner and lives close to the host in america, they will see you for about 150 milliseconds before they magically appear on your screen.

The advantage most americans have in this game is huge.

Ravening Wh0re
14-07-2005, 13:56
My latency bar at best is at 2/3 :(

I think most non-cheaters languish at around low to mid 20s.

I played a guy who was lvl 44 :eek: last night. He constantly standbyed, and we saw more bluescreen than anything. idiot

Samoth
14-07-2005, 15:46
The bar is actually for regular lag, or ping. It happens if you get a crappy host, or too many people in a game with crappy connections, etc etc. Your latency is constant, unless someone near you, or you, get host, but lag depends on other things.

Aun'aart'al
15-07-2005, 07:44
Okie dokie then: You start any of the ranked "playlists" as rank 1. A playlist is a type of game, eg "Big Team Battle" plays with 16 players, 8 to a side, on the large maps, with game types like assault and ctf.

"Team Slayer" plays with 8 players, 4 to a side, and plays slayer games on the medium sized maps. There are of course many more playlists, and some of which are simply unranked versions of the ranked ones, meaning you can practise or play with guests who dont have live online.

As you win games, depending on the particular playlist, your rank will go up, and down if you lose. Winning a few games will usually push your rank up a level. You start as a level 1 in each individual playlist, and can get all the way up to the 50. The middle rank is 25, but I'm not sure if that is average. A lot of the higher ranks are simply cheaters who use a variety of means to unfairly win.

Latency, also, isnt lag. Latency is the time it takes for the actions you input into your controller, to travel, at the speed of light, to the host's xbox (usually somewhere in america). For UK, this is often 150 ms, meaning the enemy is basically 150 milliseconds faster in everything they do. For australians it is usually 200 milliseconds. If you have ever noticed that the sword or shotgun doesnt hit, or the sniper rifle cant hit people in the head, etc etc, it is because of latency. What you see happened 150 milliseconds ago, so the enemy you shot at/locked onto isnt there anymore. This also works the other way round, meaning that if an enemy comes round the corner and lives close to the host in america, they will see you for about 150 milliseconds before they magically appear on your screen.

The advantage most americans have in this game is huge.

lol wow, that was a cup-and-a-half of confusion! :p haha but thanks for explaining it anyway :)

Colonel Cleric
15-07-2005, 13:20
My latency bar at best is at 2/3 :(

I think most non-cheaters languish at around low to mid 20s.

I played a guy who was lvl 44 :eek: last night. He constantly standbyed, and we saw more bluescreen than anything. idiot

Ive played plenty of modders, i have some soft and hard modders on my friends and play custom games with them which is fun because everybody gets rapid firing br which shoot sniper bullets or snipers with infinite bullets and no reload, smg's which fire stickies on yourself (suicide) and plasma gun which shoot out master chiefs!

Ravening whore, what is your exact GT for xbox live, ive tried entering ravening whor3 but it doesnt work.

add me, it would be easier, colonel cleric

Samoth
15-07-2005, 15:08
I added him, did you use caps for the starting letters?

Sorry I left that party the other day, I have shaping right now so am plaing at 28k speed, and btb would have been hell.

Ravening Wh0re
15-07-2005, 21:50
Ravening whore, what is your exact GT for xbox live, ive tried entering ravening whor3 but it doesnt work.

add me, it would be easier, colonel cleric

will do. havent been on for a almost a week now. damned hax.

Its ravening wh(zero)r(three)

Aun'aart'al
19-07-2005, 21:25
lol if we could get back to the clan discussion? :p