PDA

View Full Version : kroxigor guard for Kroak?

inq.serge
26-12-2006, 20:51
I'm makeing a 10k list, a Hexoatl list, so I'll use Maz in it (The WD rules), if he's the gen, TG is 2+, and mustn't autojoin slann, but they (Exept the 2 compulsary TG units in the army) may join slanns and get the stubborn rule.

Now, the question.

I was thinking of also join Kroak into the army, so what's best
1) 1126 pts worth of TG as Kroaks personal guard (If so, give an exeple of the perfect unit/ -s))?
B) 19 kroxigors (one of them's an anicent) to join Kroak?

I think it's option B, Unit strenght IIRC 62, cause fear, 16 ws3 st7 attacks for the front rank of 5 kroxigors and skinks in front of them!

The only problems are that they strike last, and I haven't seen what effects stupidity will give in 7.ed. (If Kroak is in a stupid unit, can he cast spells?)

ardude
26-12-2006, 20:54
kroxigor body guards are way cooler so go with them :)
and if you charge (M6) you still strike first, and kroxigors aren't stupid ;)

Divine Shadow
26-12-2006, 23:25
That's just nasty... the problem is that you're not stubborn so if by some weird chance you ever lose combat you could run and Kroak's rules say that if he's dead you can't win :cries:

vampires are cool!
27-12-2006, 11:32
I'm sure theres a banner that lets you reroll LD tests isnt there? if there is then you could stick a saurus champ in there with them.
A 10k battle aye, all i can say is OMFG! how many characters slots is that?

Neknoh
27-12-2006, 11:41
I do wonder though, HOW many points would that unit cost?

inq.serge
27-12-2006, 12:25
1122 for guard and 1225 for kroak, total 2347 pts! (I've seen smaller armies!) http://thegreatuncleanone.com/viewShort.asp?ArmyID=212255

Neknoh
27-12-2006, 15:23
Lord of Chaos
Mark of Khorne
Hellfire Sword
Chaos Dragon

arround 700 pts
Will eat that unit allive once he gets into contact with it

So, you better have plenty of backup

inq.serge
27-12-2006, 15:30
Does anyone know any good spells (Exept CoC n' RoC) for Kroak to use while in a kroxigor guard unit?

(I ALWAYS use CoC n' RoC with Kroak in 2k, maybe that's why most opponents I fight are tailored Dispell powergaming lists, but eeh, I win anyway, or at least get a draw).

Neknoh
27-12-2006, 15:58
Turn him into a Magic Missil battery and say Screw Comet of Cassandora

Throw 6 magic missiles and one drain magic at the enemy, THEN hit him with the Ruination

EDIT: Remember, Kroak has to ROLL for his spells!

EvC
27-12-2006, 18:03
Lord of Chaos
Mark of Khorne
Hellfire Sword
Chaos Dragon

arround 700 pts
Will eat that unit allive once he gets into contact with it

So, you better have plenty of backup

And to do that he'll have to get through the doubtlessly huge number of Skinks protecting the flanks and rear. Use the table edge to permanently protect one flank, then two units of Skinks to the front and remaining side, and the Dragon will never be able to get into contact, unless a Hellcannon or something shoots them all ;)

inq.serge
27-12-2006, 18:10
I was thinking of having a 3 pack unit of salamanders on each flank and some skinks and an extra slann and some temple guard around Kroak and his guard. Is that good or bad?

Neknoh
27-12-2006, 18:30
And to do that he'll have to get through the doubtlessly huge number of Skinks protecting the flanks and rear. Use the table edge to permanently protect one flank, then two units of Skinks to the front and remaining side, and the Dragon will never be able to get into contact, unless a Hellcannon or something shoots them all ;)

Problem here being he's a large target, so, lest you surround Kroak very close-by, you will have problems, since Frenzy will allow him to charge Kroak over the interposing units without even having to guess a charge, and a Dragon can very well handle the Skinks with its double Breath Weapon if he'd end up that close