PDA

View Full Version : Ents as Treemen?

enyoss
27-12-2006, 01:25
Hi,

I remember seeing a thread something like this ages ago and would look around for it if it weren't for my shockingly slow internet connection :).

So, a simple question, how do the LOTR Ent models measure up as possible Treeman models? They seem to be smaller than the official Treeman but bigger than the Tree Kin... is this correct? If so, how much bigger/smaller is it?

Thanks for the help guys :).

Cheers,

enyoss

Kenshinzo 7
27-12-2006, 02:03
I think they work just fine. I replaced my Treemen with Ents and I use the treeman for an Ancient.

intellectawe
27-12-2006, 03:36
As long as you make sure the LOTR models have the correct base size, you are good as gold.

Bregalad
27-12-2006, 13:27
Treebeard is as tall as the new treeman, haven't measured the generic Ent yet. There are also other treemen from non-GW sources that are tall enough (posted them in some other thread).
GW can't use Ents officially in WHFB due to legal restrictions.

Coragus
27-12-2006, 13:35
Treebeard is as tall as the new treeman, haven't measured the generic Ent yet. There are also other treemen from non-GW sources that are tall enough (posted them in some other thread).

This is exactly what I heard. I wouldn't have a problem with it in a local game, but at a GW sanctioned event, you'd have to replace it anyway.

EvC
27-12-2006, 14:25
Well, not replace it per se, but you couldn't win the best army award or hjave your force photographed for publication.

giner
27-12-2006, 14:45

GW changed the LoTR thing a while back I think although it may have changed back. The one problem I can see is LoTR is ~25mm scale but the ents are crouched a bit so that would justify it. Also since when are trees all the exactly the same size.

Bregalad
27-12-2006, 18:11
Here are three "wood giants", same size as Treebeard and new treeman:
http://thomarillion.de/index.php?seite=katalog&unterseite=figuren&modell=&pos=&sprache=gb_&PHPSESSID=92953aa9cbb6555d60c7e558dbf81d77

Highborn
29-12-2006, 00:50
I asked about the treeman thing a few days ago at my local GW and I was told that treebeard couldn't be used at all in WHFB at GW tournaments.

enyoss
30-12-2006, 00:56
Thanks for the replies. Well then, from what's been said here it looks like I'll be using an Ent as my Treeman. I never go to tournaments so the legal compatability issue isn't an issue afterall :).

Cheers,

enyoss

kyussinchains
30-12-2006, 13:01
good choice there enyoss, I'm glad you're getting a much better model instead of a giant tyranid!

anubisonline
31-12-2006, 01:54
making a treeman from various past parts, and even taking a larger model and adding green stuff and "parts" should be possible. if you have the money, people are constantly making custom treemen on custom sites for sale. as for parts, the drayds have quite a few branches to play with........ not to mention the giant clubs out there....