PDA

View Full Version : Designer notes for Eldar

redbaron998
27-12-2006, 03:02
Does anyone know if / when we can expect to see the Designer notes

DoctorTom
27-12-2006, 03:42
Does anyone know if / when we can expect to see the Designer notes

Check the November 2006 White Dwarf. I think that their article before the battle report is all we'll see in the line of designer notes.

leonmallett
27-12-2006, 08:28
To be honest, I read those things but they don't actually seem to add a lot to the list, other than to highlight the changing army list design ethos within the studio.

TheJrade
03-01-2007, 16:52
Would that be the ethos of making all your old models nearly obsolete?

zealousheretic
03-01-2007, 16:55
The designer's notes really vary.

Sometimes they're kinda interesting; the ones for the original Tau book talked about all the different statlines they tried for Crisis Suits, and why they had to keep changing them, and gave some rationale for why certain things in the list are the way they are.

The Space Marines designer's notes, though, seemed really over the top. Lots of "omfg Space Marines are teh roxxor" and "we have new models for this unit, buy them!"

Mr_Rose
03-01-2007, 17:21
Would that be the ethos of making all your old models nearly obsolete?
That's a bit harsh isn't it?
Unless you just got here via a time-portal from the days of 2nd Ed., I'd like to hear of some specific examples that don't involve whining of the order of "waah, I exploited a broken variant list and now I can only use half of the stuff I bought especially, waah", because we've all heard them and they still don't impress us...

As for designers notes in WD, remember who actually reads WD these days; not people who wand designers notes. The target is clearly not who it used to be, so the focus of the articles has shifted accordingly...

Karhedron
03-01-2007, 20:38
The only model in my list that became obsolete was my lovingly converted Hawk Exarch with Web of Skulls. I guess I can still count it as a power weapon. :(

This aside I cannot think of much that got trashed in the new codex. Granted some units went up or down in power but I don't think the actual models became unusable. I still field my 1st edition Reapers and Scorpions.