PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Chaos Daemons

TheEndIsHere
27-12-2006, 04:11
Well this is my first post

Umm in 2007 after DA will be chaos so both chaos are done at the same time *Why? so the new minis can be used by both armies. what minis? plastic daemons!!!*

So yeah ork are getting late 2007 or early 2008 *I hate orks so I wouldn't mind 2008...*

TheEndIsHere

leonmallett
27-12-2006, 09:03
Well this is my first post

Umm in 2007 after DA will be chaos so both chaos are done at the same time *Why? so the new minis can be used by both armies. what minis? plastic daemons!!!*

So yeah ork are getting late 2007 or early 2008 *I hate orks so I wouldn't mind 2008...*

TheEndIsHere

Really can't see plastic deamons at this time with 3 Tzeentchian, 2 Slannesh including mounted, Nurglings, Plaguebearers, Bloodletters and Furies. The likelihood of all being done? Not very. maybe one choice from each, but even that would be a big underatking requiring as many as five differnt sprues (allowing for Furies).

Please give some substance to the rumour.

Horusaurus
27-12-2006, 09:47
I'd like to see generic plastic daemons (undivided). Most of the god-specific ones are good enough already (the daemonettes and horrors in particular are beautiful). Furies and fleshhounds could use some improvement. And the greater daemons are pretty much pants.

Dark Apostle197
27-12-2006, 09:56
Really can't see plastic deamons at this time with 3 Tzeentchian, 2 Slannesh including mounted, Nurglings, Plaguebearers, Bloodletters and Furies. The likelihood of all being done? Not very. maybe one choice from each, but even that would be a big underatking requiring as many as five differnt sprues (allowing for Furies).

Please give some substance to the rumour.

They could still sell them like the boxes now, but make a cheaper so they can be positioned differently.... More deamonlike?

leonmallett
27-12-2006, 10:05
They could still sell them like the boxes now, but make a cheaper so they can be positioned differently.... More deamonlike?

I am not saying that I wouldn't like plastic daemons, just that I think they are unlikely and the original post threw the staement out that they are to be made but without reference to where the information came from, and is not someone with a history of recognised credible rumours (first post IIRC).

I would love to see plastic daemons, but what I would like is for another thread...

Kjell
27-12-2006, 11:47
Actually, the only plastic daemons I'd like to see are Daemon Princes and Greater Daemons. Normally I much prefer plastic since it's easier to convert and more commonly found in multipart kits, but I feel that Daemons ought to be in metal. It allows for greater detail and, well, it just somehow feels right. Call me a traditionalist if you will. :p

Luke
27-12-2006, 11:53
I'd like to see generic plastic daemons (undivided)
Aka Furies.

But it would be nice to see some sort of generic demonic infantry. Then again I would imagine something akin to beastmen (horns & hooves etc) so maybe it wouldn't be too fruitful on GW's part.

bnf
27-12-2006, 12:15
Umm in 2007 after DA will be chaos so both chaos are done at the same time

The next WFB releases after Empire are High Elves and Vampire Counts.

gLOBS
27-12-2006, 12:46
Shouldn't this be in the rumors section?

BloodiedSword
27-12-2006, 13:45
I find this rather hard to believe based on the fact that there are so many daemons, and barring a complete redesign of how they look I don't see any plastic kit catering to more than a single kind.

Not sure I'm keen on plastic Daemon Princes/Greater Daemons - I kinda like the weight underneath my metal ones, and if they get done in plastic I'm dreading we'll get large flat areas of absolute nothingless like we do on the plastic ogres..

Cypher
27-12-2006, 17:50
Actually Im pretty certain someone mentioned this a little while back, being that both the 40K and Fantasy Chaos armies will be getting updates at roughly the same time. Wasnt Jes involved with these?

So yeah, quite possible :)

leonmallett
27-12-2006, 18:00
Shouldn't this be in the rumors section?

Probably not as there doesn't seem to be much beyond supposition and wish-listing.

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
27-12-2006, 18:18
I'd get a Tzeentch daemon army if they did plastics daemons for him... *sigh*

Lord Humongous
28-12-2006, 02:13
I'd like to see generic plastic daemons (undivided). Most of the god-specific ones are good enough already (the daemonettes and horrors in particular are beautiful). Furies and fleshhounds could use some improvement. And the greater daemons are pretty much pants.

Actually, this is one thing I was thinking I'd REALLY like to see in the new chaos codex- generic deamons that:
-can be summoned to ANY deamon icon, as they will serve ANY god
-can be given various upgrades (sort of like LatD mutants)
-some upgrades would make them god-specific (or like furies, specific to MoCU)
-might be usable not only as troops, but maybe elites or others

Plastics would work nicely for this, and the sprues would probably also be very useful for various other chaos related conversions.

Slaaneshi Slave
28-12-2006, 02:37
The only Generic Daemons in the warp are at least Greater Daemon strength, due to them being ex gods who felt their power slipping away and so transfered themselves into a Daemon. There is no such thing as a true undivided lesser Daemon, as they need a patron god to create and sustain them. So whats the point in asking for neutral Daemons?

Zedric
28-12-2006, 02:51
The only Generic Daemons in the warp are at least Greater Daemon strength, due to them being ex gods who felt their power slipping away and so transfered themselves into a Daemon. There is no such thing as a true undivided lesser Daemon, as they need a patron god to create and sustain them. So whats the point in asking for neutral Daemons?
Realms of Chaos describes independent daemons created in a number of ways: chaos powers that are not fully conscious but create lesser daemons on their own, individuals powerful enough to become daemon princes on their own accord without the sponsorship of an existing power who are then worshipped by those who knew them in life (who might then become daemons in his or her service), death cults who create daemons by virtue of passing into the Warp near simultaneously, or daemons created by tragedy (also by virtue of passing into the Warp near simultaneously).

Any power can create daemons (even lesser ones), and daemons can come into being on their own - any of these daemons might devote themselves to the pantheon rather than an individual power in a bid for their relative independence and the safety of their essence.

ShadowKitana
28-12-2006, 04:39

What about Furies? They have no alleigence to any god.

Lord Humongous
28-12-2006, 15:59
There is no such thing as a true undivided lesser Daemon, as they need a patron god to create and sustain them.

How do you explain Furies, then? Or the generic deamons listed in the deamon Hunters codex for use by opposing armies?

EVIL INC
28-12-2006, 17:12
The number and form of daemons is limited by human imagination. I would like to see plastic daemon kits because
1. They can be just as detailed as the metal ones
2. less expensive
3. more easily converted
4. mutation conversion sprues can be added
5. greater variety within the units can be represented.

Magnus_the_Red
03-01-2007, 22:26
Plastic daemons would be ace.

i have a CSM wordbearers army and love the idea of loads of gribbles...to that end i actually made my own plastic bloodletters out of a beastman gor's body and an ungor's head with the gore horns attached, they look pretty cool and far more dramatic than the GW metal ones.

just an idea if anyone would like their own plastic daemons without the wait

:)

Slaaneshi Slave
03-01-2007, 23:14
Plastic Daemonettes wouldn't be a good idea, they are too thing for plastic, the arms and blades just wouldn't last your first game,

the1stpip
03-01-2007, 23:21
I can't see GW doing plastic daemons for a very long time, and as for non-pantheon specific daemons, I am afraid GW have come a long way since Slaves to Darkness.

Slaaneshi Slave
03-01-2007, 23:34
Have come a long way as in forgotten what makes good daemon fluff? :p

the1stpip
03-01-2007, 23:38
Not to go GW bashing, but they seem interested in making the games interesting to the unwashed masses, rather than those who like gritty background and such like.

I guess it is business, but their universes are slowly turning vanilla...