PDA

View Full Version : New & Ignorant (RIP Spells)

lack0fbettername
27-12-2006, 14:33
Im extreamly new, as in i have a hand full of models & the 7th ed. big rule book. Ive been a 40K player for some time (3ish-esk years) (i know not a long long time, but whatever) so just about everything ive read in the rule book far makes sense.

Im having a little trouble RIP spells. Most importantly when they can be dispelled and using which dice.

My interpritation is that my oponent can

A) use his dispell dice when i acctualy cast the RIP spell to dispell it
B) They Can use their power Dice durring any other of their magic phases in the game to dispell it?
C) They Can use their Dispell Dice durring any other of my magic phases in the game to dispell it?

Is this correct?

Thanks
-Jeff

Mephistofeles
27-12-2006, 15:23
Yes that is correct on all points.

Why is this thread named "Bound Spells" ? Just to make sure you have gotten this down right: Bound Spells and Remains in Play spells are not the same thing. If you've already got that all is good, I just wanted to make sure.

lack0fbettername
27-12-2006, 17:58
Yes i know they are not the same thing. I think it was just a slip up where i was thinkin one thing and typed something else. I have changed the title.

-Jeff

DeathlessDraich
28-12-2006, 13:10
Just to point out a rules problem on pg110 which the current Errata did not address.

Last line of RIP 1st para:

"cannot be cast again in that magic phase, as normal"

should have been clarified as "cannot be cast again in that magic phase, by the same caster"