PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Results... GO Guard!!!

Necrontyr
27-12-2006, 19:43
Took my Grenadier force to a tournament last weekend, elimination tourney, 1850 points, no ties allowed. You lose, you're out of the tournament!

My list was:
HQ squad with Lascannon, Sharpshooters, Carapace
Chimera

Stormtroopers with Plasma Pistol Sarge, 2 plasma Guns
Chimera

Grenadiers w/ 2 Grenade Launchers
Chimera

Grenadiers w/ 2 Grenade Launchers
Chimera

Grenadiers w/ 2 Flamers
Chimera

Inquisitional Stormtroopers w/ Sarge w/ Bolter-Melta, 2 Meltaguns
Chimera

Inquisitional Stormtroopers w/ 2 Meltas
Chimera

Leman Russ
Leman Russ
Leman Russ
41 Infantry, 10 Tanks

Game 1 was against a Infantry Heavy Black Templar army. First 3 turns went completely my way, took out almost every tank, and about half of his infantry. Last 3 turns went his way as he reached CC.

He finished the game w/ 1 Terminator (Out of a squad of 8), 1 Assault Marine (our of a squad of 10), His Chaplain, the Emperor's Champ, and an Immobile Land Raider. I lost all but one squad of Stormtroopers, 2 Chimeras and 1 Russ. Got a solid Victory.

2nd Game was against a Blood Raven Space Marine army, who's only anti tank was 4 Missile Launchers in squads, and 1 Lascannon armed Dread... Do I need to tell you how that ended? He only had 1 Librarian and an immobile Dread w/ no arms... Stupid melta guns couldn't roll over a 3 on the pen table...

Game 3 was against another Grenadier force, all on foot though except for a Hellhound and 3 Russes.

I just kept away 30" and pounded the crap out of him with Chimera fire and Battle Cannons. He ended the game with a single Russ left.

That was all, I walked home with 1st place, and a cool trophy the shop owner made. Had a good time, and reestablished the Guard as a tourney army at my local game shop!

mistformsquirrel
27-12-2006, 19:53
Wow, very cool! Congratulations!

Seth the Dark
28-12-2006, 00:55
Great job man!

Angelus Mortis
28-12-2006, 01:14
How about pics? The usual, game pics, trophy pics, army pics, etc.

Vaktathi
28-12-2006, 01:53
woot! nice to see a mechanized Grenadier/Stormtrooper army stomping face :D