PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts High Elves

Corrupt
27-12-2006, 22:04
Playing against Lizardmen belonging to my friend tommorrow
He has just started Lizards, being and otherwise experienced fantasy player and wants a competetiveish game to get the hang of them. Not sure about the Bolt Thrower, might change it for Shadow Warriors

He has
Saurus Scar Veteran
Skink Mage
28 Saurus
24 Skinks
8 Saurus Cavelry

1000pts game

Heres my list

1000pts High Elf Army
Commander Aethis’ Combat Patrol

Heroes:
Commander Aethis Swiftfoot
Commander, Pure of Heart, Longbow, Heavy Armour, Shield, Barded Steed, Blade of Sea Gold, Talisman of Protection,
146pts

Mage Elariathon Evernock
Mage, Level 2, Seer, Dispel Scroll,
180pts

Core:
Spearmen
15 Spearmen, Full Command,
195pts

Archers
10 Archers, Light Armour, Full Command,
160pts

Silverhelms
8 Silverhelms, Shields, Heavy Armour, Full Command,
219pts

Special:

Rare:
Repeater Bolt Thrower
1 Repeater Bolt Thrower,
100pts

Total: 1000pts
Content: 2 Heroes, 25 Infantry, 8 Cavalry, 1 War Machine

brakke_aep
27-12-2006, 23:41
I suggest to keep the bolttrower. He has only 1 skink priest. i suggest to take a second mage instead of the commander. Drop the scroll and give the second mage the ring of fury. Lizzies can beat shooting pretty well because they skirmish a lot. Zap him with 2d6 S4 spells. Drop the helms to 6 because they will not get a rank bonus. And if possible make the spearman at least 20 so they can function optimal.

Corrupt
28-12-2006, 12:21
Adjustments made. Taking just 6 Helms, 20 Spearmen and 6 Shadow Warriors. We upped the game size to 1100 so he could use everything he had so i can take both the shadow warriors and te bolt thrower.
Plan is to let him come to me, use the mage on his skinks, archers to weaken saurus. Bolt Thrower on the cavelry. Draw his Saurus into charge on the spearmen then hit their flank with the Silverhelms. Ill tell ya how it goes