PDA

View Full Version : Khorne mortal test list!

Aekold
28-12-2006, 15:54
Hi all! and merry christmas btw. Well here are my test army what u think? shall i improve it in some way? :p

2500 Pts - Chaos Roster - The Bloodfists

Chaos Lord

1 Grimjaur Bloodfist @ 350 Pts
General; Mark of Khorne
1 Slaughterer's Blade
1 Armor of Damnation
1 Gaze of the Gods
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
Exalted Champion

1 Sweikar Angerfist @ 170 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor
1 Axe of Khorne
1 Enchanted Shield
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
Chaos Warriors (15#, 330 Pts)
15 Chaos Warriors of Khorne @ 330 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon champion

Chaos Warriors (15#, 330 Pts)
15 Chaos Warriors of Khorne @ 330 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon champion

Chaos Marauders
10 Chaos Marauders @ 60 Pts
Hand Weapon; Flail
Chaos Marauders
10 Chaos Marauders @ 60 Pts
Hand Weapon; Flail

Chaos Chariot
1 Chariot of Khorne @ 150 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Chariot; Frenzy; Scythed Wheels
2 Crew
Halberd

Chaos Chariot (3#, 150 Pts)
1 Chariot of Khorne @ 150 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Chariot; Frenzy; Scythed Wheels
2 Crew
Halberd

Chaos Knights (4#, 277 Pts)
3 Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 277 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield
1 Champion
1 Banner of Rage
4 Chaos Steed
Chaos Hounds
10 Warhounds @ 60 Pts

1 Hellcannon @ 270 Pts

Chaos Furies

6 Furies @ 90 Pts

Minotaurs
2 Minotaurs of Khorne @ 197 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Frenzy
1 Bloodkine
Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon
Total Roster Cost: 2494

Pardon if it is a litte hard to read. did this in a hurry shall soon leave my house. i can make a more readable later tonight! :evilgrin:

well hope u like it.

vampires are cool!
28-12-2006, 17:50
Not bad i got to say, hard hitting to say the least. Khorne are anti-magic so your ok on that front, your marauders and hounds can protect your flanks while the furies can chew through artilary.
I cant find fault with it...

kyussinchains
28-12-2006, 18:13
pretty solid, although 3 units of warriors is a mite excessive, I'd swap one or two of those for a unit of knights, 5 are fine in a khorne army.

I'd give the minotaurs great weapons too, EHW are good, but are only better against very weak enemies, which you'd crush even without the extra attack. Great weapons make them much more threatening to your opponent, who will possibly expend a great deal of resources dealing with them.

I'd suggest a few units of hounds too, they can run in front of your knights to prevent them being charge-baited

Aekold
29-12-2006, 02:53
omg ive done it! =D whoohoo i thought i was gonna get screamed and yelled at!

Well ok so i shall make my knights 5 strong? and keep my 2 units of Warrs whit 15 in each? hounds i have. um...ok the minotaurs get great weapons then.

thx very much all. keep these advices rollin in like heads after a battle for mighty khorne =)

kyussinchains
29-12-2006, 13:25
as I said earlier, I'd swap one of your warrior units for a second unit of knights.

Warriors with EHW are okay against most things, although giving them halberds is another option, and they do much better against armoured stuff (not to mention tougher troops like orcs and dwarfs)

Also, I dont know if you're using army builder, but your army list is a little confusing to read.

There's no need to put things like 'chaos steed' down for a knight, they come as standard and everyone knows that.

no need for this 'musician mus' business either, just write musician!

also, the champion is just another rank and file model, a unit isnt 3 models plus champion, it's 4 models, one of which is a champion.

all you need to write is:

4 chaos knights, mark of khorne, full command, banner of rage

it helps people not make mistakes (one guy put a list up recently which I totally mis-read and gave him some pointless advice!)

Aekold
29-12-2006, 13:44
yeah im using army builder. i thougt it was a good program. cause whitout it it take ages for me to put up a list. But i shall try make the list readlble.

and for warriors i only have 2 regs whit chaos warriors. and 2 regs whit marauders. i dont have 3 unit of warriors. hmm and use halberd? how on earth can i have that when the units only comes whit shields or extra CC wep?

kyussinchains
29-12-2006, 13:51
yeah im using army builder. i thougt it was a good program. cause whitout it it take ages for me to put up a list. But i shall try make the list readlble.

and for warriors i only have 2 regs whit chaos warriors. and 2 regs whit marauders. i dont have 3 unit of warriors. hmm and use halberd? how on earth can i have that when the units only comes whit shields or extra CC wep?

yeah I mis-read the number of warrior units you had, I'd still swap one of them for some more knights.

on the halberds? conversion my friend! it can be done if you're clever with it, you'll need some plastic rod to use as the halft, and you can use axe blades as the head, it might take a while, but it's worth it!

Inkosi
29-12-2006, 16:07
Quite the opposite, i would have to go against most of the agreement here.

Khorne armies always need the following things.

1. Screeners.
2. Fast Cav Support.

Unfortunately, the 2 most important things for a khorne army is severely lacking in your army.

Rememberd our troops are frenzied and yes they are all so powerful but it does no good if all it does is chase some wolves, or other throw away units or worse be baited into bad positions.

I always recommend at least 1 screener for 1 frenzied unit. You only have 3 screens at the max and no fast cav support at all.

You would be slaughtered by generals who are good in deploying and baiting.

How do you want to play your army. its hard to find a balance for infantry and cav in khorne armies because both the warriors and knights are so costly.

Personally i prefer a cav based khorne army but thats personal preference and i never had much luck with the warriors.

Nonetheless you definately need more screens. the best gift khorne could give to us. Warhounds. 5 for 30 points and you can purchase a hell lot of screens for your armies.

There is no need for your hounds to be 10 big. Keep them at 5 and multiple units.

You definately have enough punch in your army so you could drop a few hitters to make place for the screens.

And more importantly, marauder horsemen. Another unit, that is so important for us. fast cav to either support or clear march-blockers or as screens as well.

All khorne armies need to strike a balance between the elites and the supporting units.

Aekold
29-12-2006, 16:35
Ahh another of my lords generals! i heed your advice my kin. I will take one big unit of Warriors, like 15 warrs and then ill add another Knight group.

and purchase dogs to all my units so they can be screened.

as i see you are a greater champion i shall not behead you. =)

keep em coming thx.

theDarkGeneral
29-12-2006, 19:48
Well, it's been a while since I've been on this board...

But I had some spare time and I love Khorne based Chaos Armies...:D

*Chaos Lord; he's ok, but the Slaughterer's Blade could easily be replaced for the Sword of Might and a simple Shield...won't be S(7) but S(6) is still good, but you'll have a 3+ Armor Save and not strike last in subsequent rounds of CC...and with the Armor of Damnation and Gaze of the Gods combo, not much is going to take wounds off you...

*Exalted Champion; he's ok as well, but if you face Magic Heavy Armies ever, the Collar of Khorne on him will be much more useful than the Enchanted Shield...also, most Chaos Armies really only need 1 Character, 2 max to run fine, Khorne only needs 1...

*Chaos Warriors; Cool units...I prefer just 1 unit of 16 Chosen myself...and Additional Hand Weapons are more of a novelty than effective...great against weak models, but how often are you really going up against those type of units with them? Halberds and Shields are a way better buy...

*Marauders; I don't like the Minimum unit size...it bugs and doesn't seem very themed at all...but is is legal so do as you please...I find them much better in a unit of 16 w/FC, Grt Wpns, Shields and Lt Armor...can actually do something in CC...

*Mortal Chariots; they're cool, and do hit hard, but the fact they're so slow is a bit of let down...great for guarding your flanks and rear of your army, buy Bloodbeasts of Khorne do a better job and are Unbreakable...

*Chaos Knights; don't waste points on the Standard Bearer, it's a huge weakness on a unit that's small and forced to charge...upgrade them to Chosen and keep just a Champ and maybe Musician...only 255pts

*Chaos Furies; great unit, never leave home without them! But for some theme, 8 models is better and more effective in game terms.

*Minotaurs; another great unit...4 models is more useful,lasts longer and can hit harder...and Additional Hand Weapons here is almost a waste...S(6) w/Grt Wpns is a must for them...

*Hellcannon;...why?...if it's because you have the model and really want to use it, than go for it...but if so at least give it Spellbreaker for it's Daemonic Gift...and keep it the hell away from your units...for all those points you could get a much more effective unit or two on the board...Dragon Ogres, Flesh Hounds, Chaos Spawn(Bloodbeasts of Khorne), etc.

Hope this helps...

Aekold
29-12-2006, 21:05
why no standard? i get +1 in CR? Hellcannon is there casue i want to shoot.

Hmm my marauders is there for my warriors, like detachments =)

kyussinchains
29-12-2006, 23:27
quite often marauders and warriors are used the other way round, large unit of marauders with light armour and hand weapon, and a smaller unit of warriors with halberds or great weapons to slam into the flank.

although standards give +1 CR, they also give away 100 VPs for each one lost, which can mount up.

your knights will usually win combats by a fair margin anyway, they dont have to scrape every little bit of CR up that they can to win combats, so not having a standard saves you points and VPs

Aekold
02-01-2007, 21:58
Ok thx all =) i will continue whit my khorne army then i think heh

F_Garrison
03-01-2007, 02:39
I throught that you can not use both shields and halberds in close combat

Phaia
03-01-2007, 08:36
Some things I Don't understand, but that's probably my lack of knowledge so please feel free to comment. I am building a Khorne list myself that's why

Why no bloodletters?

Why such small units?

Inkosi
03-01-2007, 14:37
Some things I Don't understand, but that's probably my lack of knowledge so please feel free to comment. I am building a Khorne list myself that's why

Why no bloodletters?

Why such small units?

1. I assume you play 40K?? Not as effective as in 40k and seldom seen unless you play a damonic list.

2. How small is small?? If warriors, most competant khorne players play it MSU style. If knights because 5-6 is the most efficient number. Even u have 2-3 left after shooting, its normally more than a match for most units.

Try looking up the Chaos Tactica. More advice there.