PDA

View Full Version : Doom boardgame and Space Hulk compatibility

Aundae
28-12-2006, 22:37
I was looking to put together Space Hulk using the "Kill Team" rules and upon seeing the Doom boardgame tiles, I was wondering if I could use those instead of making my own? So in essence I am wondering if the tiles used in Doom are the right size for Terminators and Genestealers.

Frecus
29-12-2006, 00:21
If my memory has not abandoned me, the squares are easily bigger than the bases. I think they are 3 cm or so.

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

Pacific
29-12-2006, 09:08
Yes, but the rules for Doom are very similar to Space Hulk so I can't see any reason that they wont work (except that things will be a bit more spread out!)

Aundae
29-12-2006, 10:26
Thank you very much for the information I really do appreciate it. :D

Sir_Turalyon
29-12-2006, 11:54
I have both games right before me (1st ed space hulk). The squares are different size - SH squares are bit bigger then 40k bases (3 cm?), Doom squares are exactly size of 40k bases (2,5 cm). Also, Space Hulk terrain is different, more confined (9 squares rooms connected by 1 square narrow corridors).

Still, things look compatibile and I tink they can be combined.

Allianos
06-01-2007, 19:04
Seems to me the bits for the Doom boardgame would make a nicely themed Space Hulk board.
Doom's a great game by the way. Only niggle being that the monster player can quite easily crush the marine players. Kinda like the computer game...;)