PDA

View Full Version : Rallying w. Gen's Leadership / Musicians

DaBrode
29-12-2006, 03:01
A friend and I picked up our models for the first time since 6th edition was new and we can't seem to clarify one thing in the new 7th edition rules.

If a fleeing unit is within 12" of the General that unit is allowed to use the General's leadership to rally. We understand this.

However because you are using the General's leadership to rally...due you lose the +1 bonus a Musician in that unit would normally give? I am looking all over the rulebook and unable to find an answer.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Xavier
29-12-2006, 05:25
You can use the generals leadership for rallying and you can add +1 to any attempts to rally. (Up to a maximum of 10)

I won't be able to reference it for you though, so you might want to wait till someone with a rulebook to hand clarifies.

DaBrode
29-12-2006, 07:30
You can use the generals leadership for rallying and you can add +1 to any attempts to rally. (Up to a maximum of 10)

I won't be able to reference it for you though, so you might want to wait till someone with a rulebook to hand clarifies.

Thanks. This was my take on the rules too but I'm having a hard time convincing a friend of mine. It seems to me that if a musician plays his cadence to rally it shouldn't matter whether the General is an influence to his troops or not...there's still a benefit of the cadence.

intellectawe
29-12-2006, 07:43
Well, this is quite simple.

Any unit within 12" of your general can use his leadership for ALL leadership based tests.

A unit fleeing gains a +1 to their leadership for rallying.

Put the two together, keeping in mind you can never go above 10, and you get your answer :)

Festus
29-12-2006, 09:08
Hi

references:

Musician: P.81, top right column, just before champions.

General: P.82, top right column.

Festus