PDA

View Full Version : Differance between Mines of Moria and hardback rulebooks?

Kalamadea
29-12-2006, 07:32
I used to play LotR a lot, mostly Two Towers and a little bit of RotK, but have been out of it for a while due to a complete lack of opponents. Now a bunch of people at my FLGS are getting into it and I need to get the new edition for the current rules.

So the question, what's the big differance between the MoM rulebook and the hardbound version? I know there's gonna be a lot more pictures and background obviously, but are there any important rules in the hardbound that aren't in the MoM minibook? Are there stat listings in the harbound book that aren't in the MoM minibook? I'm picking up the MoM box tomarrow (already have the fellowship, but you can't go wrong with more trolls and goblins), but I need to know if it's worth ordering the $50 harback as well. Thanks

Scanno
29-12-2006, 08:54
The MoM box only has units from the movies. The book has ones from the book and GWs expansions of it. Only difference I'm aware of, but I'm sure there's more.

Catferret
29-12-2006, 12:13
I think the Hardback has more scenarios in it. I don't have the small one to hand right now though so I can't be certain.

Edit: Yes, it does have more scenarios. Hardback also doesn't have Army of the Dead due to a misprint. But those rules are downloadable.

simonjedi
30-12-2006, 16:25
The One Rulebook and the Mines of Moria rulebooks contain the exact same amount of rules with the MoM having some errors corrected. But the MoM book doesn't include the profiles for non-movie characters - such as the Shire heroes like Lobelia Sackville-Baggins and Fatty Bolger etc, while the One Rulebook does.

The One Rulebook also includes some basic painting and terrain making guides which may be quite useful. Still, they aren't particularly special and you will honestly find better guides
Neither of the rulebooks have the profiles for the Fellowship, Two Towers, Shadows in the East or Fall of the Necromancer characters and so are a little bit out of date.

Stormtrooper Clark
31-12-2006, 20:40
The Mines of Moria rulebook only has the Profiiless for Heros and Warriors featured in the films. The Hardback Rulebook has all the profiles from MoM and all LotR suppliments upto Scouring of the Shire.

The following Suppliments you'll need to buy for the following rules:

Fall of the Necronmancer (White Council, Mirkwood elves, Saruon in Necronauncer form, Dol Guldor)

Fellowship of the Ring (Dunadain)

A Shadow in the East (Easterlings, Cirdan and Madril, Khand)

Legions of Middle Earth (Army lists)

The Two Towers (More Rohan and Uruk-Hai stuff, Osgiliath Veterans)