PDA

View Full Version : Empire/Sylvania Buffs needed

rivers3162
29-12-2006, 13:19
I was thinking that with the advent of the new empire releases, I'd finally get round to doing my pre-Vlad Sylvanian army. I've got WD 290 or 291 with the article about the colour scheme etc.

I was just wondering if anyone had any more thoughts about what to include to make it fit the background. I was thinking no handgunners but lots of crossbowmen, archers and militia as well as greatswords and inner circle knights to represent the Drakenhoff Templars and Guard.

However, I would like to include some form of artillery, so does anyone know the date that blackpowder was introduced to the empire and when cannons and the like would become available? I know it was used during the wars of the Vampire Counts after 2100ish but would it be available pre 1790ish?

Any help, advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Dspankdo
29-12-2006, 13:37
I'm pretty sure a few cannons or mortars(I think mortars would be especially appropriate) would have been around, as long as you don't include hellstorms, volley guns, steamtanks and errrr pidgeon bombs.

EvC
29-12-2006, 14:14
Maybe only take cannons as smaller DoW cannons to represent their lack of refinement.

elite_dannux
30-12-2006, 09:02
or take a bret trebuche and use the rocket art rules. it looks medieval and it hurts.

ZomboCom
30-12-2006, 10:56
Gunpowder was invented after the von carsteins took over sylvania I'm afraid.

You'll have to use a "counts as" warmachine, e.g. a stone thrower as a "counts as" mortar.

Krankenstein
30-12-2006, 12:48
Say, what are/ where the state colors of the Sylvainan army?

rivers3162
30-12-2006, 14:37
They were purple, deep red and black. Most of the uniforms in the WD article tend to be mainly purple with red trim/slashes.