PDA

View Full Version : Death Korps help...

Rikka Rakka
30-12-2006, 02:39
Hi there, my names Ricky, im new to this forum and seeking a liitle advice!

In lieu of a new Ork Codex for nine month or so I have turned to my other stalwart choice of army, The Imperial Guard. Cue me getting loads of Forge World DK for Xmas (Because im lucky!). SO anyways, I paint to a high standard and want to make this army something special, but im not sure what way to go with these miniatures...

My initial thought was to make them dead dressy with rich red coats and gold trimmings. Kinda Vostroyan like. However the more I read the fluff, the more I got into the whole WW1 trench warfare thing and started to think way different. Its looking to be Scorched brown on coats with maybe DArk Green Pants and Black Helmets.

I just wondered if anyone could maybe help with idea's, links to fluff or pics, or pictures of their own painted Death Korps?

Thanks for reading friends.

Still learning
30-12-2006, 02:45
There is quite a few Death Korps threads poping up latly, including mine. It's after christmas notably. Try Checking the "project log" forums.

As for the colour scheme. Try looking into the real world colour schemes. Such as French world war 1, German first and second world wars as well as other nations to provide some inspiration. I'm sure when IA 5 comes out it will be filled with colour schemes, Fluff and extras can't wait. Hope that helped.

Rikka Rakka
30-12-2006, 02:47
It did! Thankyou ever so much!

Diomedes
30-12-2006, 02:50
Loads of stuff in the project logs, Captain Wolverine and Deadleyheadley are two members logs that spring to mind straight away!

Also as has been said, get hold of a few WW1 books, German and French colour schemes work well on Death Korps from what I've seen.

Rikka Rakka
30-12-2006, 02:54
I hate to be dense, but im new to the site. Where are the project logs located? Sorry to be a bother!

Diomedes
30-12-2006, 02:59
M, P&T General Discussion section, just click on the project logs link.

Rikka Rakka
30-12-2006, 03:02
Of course! Once again! Thankyou! Ill set up a couple of my own so you can have a gawp back!

JUst to finish off the thread, the Project logs are incredible. Ive just started a new Goblin force so ill put one of my own up over the next few days, and when a brush touches my Krieg ill have them up too!

Still Learning and DIomedes, tyhankyou. You are a credit to the forum.

Light of the Emperor
30-12-2006, 04:46
You sure you don't want to paint some Vostroyans? ;)

The Death Korp can be painted in so many ways. The project log forum is a great source for pictures and inspiration.
Everyone is following the dark, muddy imagery that is the death korp. I do not know if you want to follow along those lines or differentiate yourself.
The French in WWI wore, I believe, powder blue uniforms and if painted correctly, would look really good on the DK. You could also try some camo schemes.
Now, I'm not the leading scholar in military history but you could try and PM Getz, Gen. Steiner, and Old Guard just to name a few. They can help you out.

Just wondering, did you paint the figure in your avatar?

Still learning
30-12-2006, 06:30
if he painted his avatar i really want him to paint Death korps.