PDA

View Full Version : Lizard question: Blade of Revered Tzunki & Bane Head

ReveredChaplainDrake
30-12-2006, 03:10
I had an unsettling thought designing a list just now, playing around with toys to give my BoRT-equipped JSoD, when I stumbled onto Bane Head. Bane Head's rulings say that all "unsaved" wounds on the target are doubled, but BoRT negates all saves, so according to the ever-useful RAW (;) ) if BoRT negates the save and the target doesn't have any ward or regeneration saves to fall back onto, the wounds aren't doubled. Please tell me I'm wrong.

alextroy
30-12-2006, 03:25
Your wrong. An unsaved wound is just a wound that has not had a successful save made against it. If a wound is inflicted and there is no save to make (or allowed) or the save is failed, then the wound becomes an unsaved wound. At that point, it becomes two wounds.

intellectawe
30-12-2006, 04:09
Your wrong. An unsaved wound is just a wound that has not had a successful save made against it. If a wound is inflicted and there is no save to make (or allowed) or the save is failed, then the wound becomes an unsaved wound. At that point, it becomes two wounds.

Umm... I read your post a few times, and to me, what you said sounds exactly what he wants to do. If I understood you correctly, how could he be wrong then?

Lord Zarkov
30-12-2006, 05:24
because he wants his logic to be wrong so he can do what he wants to do

T10
30-12-2006, 14:04
He is worried that he might be cheating by claiming double wounds (Bane Head) when he is also bypassing part of the hit-wound-save procedure (Tzunki).

alextroy is correct.

-T10

alextroy
30-12-2006, 18:44
Umm... I read your post a few times, and to me, what you said sounds exactly what he wants to do. If I understood you correctly, how could he be wrong then?

Let me be a little more clear. An Unsaved Wound is a wound that has not had a successful save made against it. This can happen two ways:

1) The Opponent has no saves. Any wound inflicted is therefore a Unsaved Wound.

2) The Opponent has one or more saves (the three being Armor, Ward, and Regeneration Saves), but fails to make any of them against the wound. The wound is therefore an Unsaved Wound.

The BoRT means that the opponent is not allowed an Armor Save, so if that is the only save he has, it is like case 1. The Bane Head doubles unsaved wounds, so against an opponent with only an Armor Save, the combonation makes every wound inflicted double.

intellectawe
30-12-2006, 21:37
Ok, wow.... I thought I understood everything about this game... But this seems to have gone WAY over my head... Let me get this straight?

The model he is talking about hits an enemy model, then wounds him. The enemy model then has no save, and thus takes two wounds for each wound delt?

I don;t see whats illegal about this. Wow. I am SO confused.

Is he asking if he CAN do this, or is he asking something I am too retarded to grasp?

Because I read all the responses, and for some reason, I don't even know what the original poster is asking anymore.

1) Is this a legal thing to do

2) What is the poster asking exactly, because I am a complete idiot.

ZomboCom
30-12-2006, 23:22
1) Is this a legal thing to do

2) What is the poster asking exactly, because I am a complete idiot.

1) Yes, of course.

2) The original poster was concerned about the word "unsaved". He thought it might mean that the wounds were only doubled if the model had a save and then failed it.

We then assured him that it will also cause double wounds if the model has no save at all (either by not having a save, or by being hit with a weapon that ignores armour saves).

intellectawe
31-12-2006, 00:27
1) Yes, of course.

2) The original poster was concerned about the word "unsaved". He thought it might mean that the wounds were only doubled if the model had a save and then failed it.

We then assured him that it will also cause double wounds if the model has no save at all (either by not having a save, or by being hit with a weapon that ignores armour saves).

Ha, your post to me was number 666....

Thanks everyone for helping me out as well as the thread starter. I understand the issue now. Thanks.