PDA

View Full Version : Possible valuable finds?

Yarick Zan
30-12-2006, 23:51
Ok well while i was perusing a mall not to far from my home town I popped into a store that sells 40k minis. What i saw there simpley amazed me. A few things I had never seen before and probably will never see again. A still shrink wrapped Catachans battleforce and a Dark Eldar battleforce. Are these little things gems and should I go back and scoop them up? Or should i just leave them be.

t-tauri
30-12-2006, 23:54
Leave them, impaled through the heart with a stake. They're not worth more than retail, ebay resale is probably only around 80% of retail even with a following wind and some crazy bidders. They're still available through normal retail channels so unless they're very cheap forget it.

schoolcormorant
31-12-2006, 00:06
yeah, my Grandma owns a hobby shop - they still have Catachan battleforces. though, they probably wish they didn't!

SC

Norminator
31-12-2006, 00:17
I didn't know they were that rare. The stockist nearest me has had a Catachan battleforce for ages.

Yarick Zan
31-12-2006, 05:39
Well I have never seen them anywhere else. Maybe it's time to start a new army or 2.

Takitron
31-12-2006, 05:56
heh, one FLGS ORDERED 4 catachan battle forces a couple of years ago...

they still have them to this day

Althanan
31-12-2006, 07:55
Far as I know, a local hobby store ordered two Catachan Battleforces when it opened four years ago.

Still had 'em when they closed last month, too.

Doomclaw
31-12-2006, 12:36
I actually bought one a couple of days ago, I like to have my guard look a bit mixed so I have models from all kinds of regiments, including catachans now.

lord_blackfang
31-12-2006, 13:31
What the heck is wrong with Catachans? I'm seriously considering using them for my IG army instead of everyone-and-his-dog-has-them Cadians.

Now if only I could get my hands on enough Leslie Nielsen heads for the whole army :D

Frodo34x
31-12-2006, 14:16
Frankly, who wants catachans when there are Cadians to be had?

TCUTTER
31-12-2006, 14:18
catachans are cool models, i use 30 or so in my guard and im getting some metal ones in a deal, trick is to gently combine them with cadian stuff, so you get variety.

Gutlord Grom
31-12-2006, 15:36
The Catachans are nice models, but not as nice as the Cadians.
The Dark Eldar box is one I've only seen once.
I would get the Catachans.

TheEndIsHere
31-12-2006, 15:40
Wow my GW and closer shop both have like 2 of each i never even knew they were rare we ahve 2 of both and like 1 or 2 off all the other races..

TheEndIsHere

Permanganate
31-12-2006, 20:53
Frankly, who wants catachans when there are Cadians to be had?

My question, as well. They're mediocre models and their overall theme is poor to embarrassing - rambo wannabes in tank tops that give 5+ saves. Definitely don't buy more battleforces as a "collector's item" or something!

I really have no idea why GW made them before the other IG regiments that were crying out for plastic. Plastic Cadians or Mordians would have sold far better and wouldn't have been appreciably harder to do.

t-tauri
31-12-2006, 21:02
They made Catachans first because Catachans were the best selling metal Imperial Guards at the time. You've also got to remember that the Catachans were one of the first plastic releases and are now showing their age. Compare the figures in the Catachan infantry box to the crew figures in the Catachan heavy weapon box and see how much they improved.