PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Army for tourney advice greatly appreciated

ironduke
12-07-2005, 12:07
Right here it is (sorry theres no points values but i don't have access to my list or book cause i'm at work so if someone could post it for the benefit of other people i would be greatly obliged.)

Prince
Reaver Bow (3 S5 shots at longbow range)
Pure Of Heart
Lion master(not sure if the right name but it gives him the lioncoak)

Mage
level 2
Jewel of dusk
Ring of Corin

Mage
level2
Ring of fury

Mage
level2
Dispel scroll
silver wand

16 Archers full command

20 Spearman full command

8 silver helms full command Banner of Ellyrion

20 Lions of Chrace ful command

3 Reaver Bolt Throwers

I think thats it but i cant remember the mages exact magic items and who has what but thats about it in a nutshell.

I know what people will say its a bit small.

ironduke
12-07-2005, 12:07
sorry forgot to say its 2000 points

Korhil
12-07-2005, 12:16
Prince
Reaver Bow (3 S5 shots at longbow range)
Pure Of Heart
Lion master(not sure if the right name but it gives him the lioncoak)

- Not exactly the best equipment for him if you want ashooter prince do this. Shadow Armour, Bow of the Seafearer, Enchanted Shield

Mage
level 2
Jewel of dusk
Ring of Corin

- Fine

Mage
level2
Ring of fury

- Try to add in a Dispel Scroll

Mage
level2
Dispel scroll
silver wand

- Fine

16 Archers full command

- Lower down to 10 and remove command, Champion is useless standard is easy VP for your opponenet and the Muscian is not as useful on archers

20 Spearman full command

- Fine

8 silver helms full command Banner of Ellyrion

- either raise this unit up to 9-10 or lower it to 5-6 without a sandard

20 Lions of Chrace ful command

- for He elite units work best as support units so lower them down to 10-12 and remove all command bar champion

3 Reaver Bolt Throwers

- Maybe a bit overkill here eagles IMO are the most versitile unit in the HE list

you are right it is small try adding in a pair of chariots and some more support units in there. Also shadow warriors will greatly increase your list. Also maybe even a unit of reavers or 2 would work wonders

ironduke
12-07-2005, 12:22
True to many a point i basically just mulled the list around my head last night then quickly put it to paper. I would probably dropt the White Lions down to 15 but thats as low as i am wiling to go because i like the models and i like the look of a big unit ignoring woods. The rest of the core units was basically i was going ot buy a battalion box to flesh it out there but command on archers what was i thinkin!!
If you have a book andy could you do a quick calculation for me so i can do a quick reshuffle.

Korhil
12-07-2005, 12:31
your list is 2020

the one that i propse is 1798 with the 15 man white lions and 6 calvary also it may be my suggestion to drop a mage you are spending about 710 on each list with characters

ironduke
12-07-2005, 12:40
Maybe drop a wizard, fudge with the lord a bit, add some eagles and maybe take a bolt thrower out to put another unit of spearman in how does that sound?

Korhil
12-07-2005, 12:59
good to me youll have staying power and magic

ironduke
12-07-2005, 13:14
cheers for the input i'll now go home look at me list work out the points and then start to playtest it. Fingers crossed. Also if you have any ideas on tourney armies and tactics check out my thread in the tactics section.

ironduke
13-07-2005, 11:41
Commander 127 pts
Lion Guard, Great Weapon,
Shield, Heavy Armour

Mage 165pts
level 2
jewel of dusk
dispel scroll

mage 160pts
level 2
ring of fury

mage 165pts
level 2
ring of corin

19 spearman 239pts
full command

19 spearman 239pts
full command

15 White Lions 240pts
full command

10 Archers 120pts

2 Reaver Bolt Throwers 200pts

1 Great Eagle 50pts

6 Shadow Warriors 104pts
Shadow Walker

6 Silver Helms 188pts
full command
heavy armour
shields
banner of ellyrion

total points 1997

I think this force is alot more balanced than the last one

Korhil
13-07-2005, 11:44
just two things remove the GW from your Lionguard commander and give him HW&S and also try to get in another eagles they are probably the most versitile unit in the HE list

ironduke
13-07-2005, 11:48
maybe yes on the commander but i dont want another eagle

Tobias
14-07-2005, 14:40
Commander 127 pts
Lion Guard, Great Weapon,
Shield, Heavy Armour

Mage 165pts
level 2
jewel of dusk
dispel scroll

mage 160pts
level 2
ring of fury

mage 165pts
level 2
ring of corin

Conside dropping the alst mage giving the second mage a dispell scroll anda dd a commander foro your SH(cheap one)

19 spearman 239pts
full command

19 spearman 239pts
full command

15 White Lions 240pts
full command

10 Archers 120pts

Archers aren't that good lose them and nwo get a banenr of sorcery

2 Reaver Bolt Throwers 200pts

1 Great Eagle 50pts

6 Shadow Warriors 104pts
Shadow Walker

loose 1 shdow wariror and shadow walker option

6 Silver Helms 188pts
full command
heavy armour
shields
banner of ellyrion

total points 1997

I think this force is alot more balanced than the last one

Good army ifyou have points remaing get an extra eagle or more SH =D

and the commander on foot I hope you put that one in a spearelves unit ;)

ironduke
15-07-2005, 12:13
Of course it makes the unit stubborn :D

theres nothing better than a 20 strong unit of high elf spearman who are stubborn and have a character in the front.

And depending who the general is i might put them in the lions of chrace unit to make them stubborn.

Thats a thought does anyone know if a character thats joined a woodsman unit benefits from ignoring the movemant penalty for trees.

Hannibal
15-07-2005, 14:19
Hello Ironduke,

first @stubborn: What if one of your mages is the general? After the first round of melee there will simply be no stubborn any more because the mage will be killed. Nevertheless, I like the minis.

second @mages: IMO you are to heavy on mages. My standard combo is:
level 2, jewel of dusk, dispel
level 2, seer, dispel
banner of sorcery
Way cheaper, against magic heavy opponents better because you get drain magic for sure, overall better because you have almost the same number of power dice, but the spells you really want, as good against low magic users. All my foes are impressed by the power of that combo.

@silverhelms: make them 5 men with upgrades and musician, no full command, no banner. Let the white lions walk through forests. Or better get two of those squads.

@ spearelves: They are goood and I like them, but they need support. Either the named silverhelms or 5 ellyrian reavers. But best would be 1-2 chariots. I would drop one unit to get the points.

@ shadow warriors: there is nothing that can do 6 men better than 5. drop one if you need the points.

Overall tips:
- Try out a commander with reaver bow, dragon armor, enchanted shield and greatweapon on an eagle
- 2 eagles are better than 1
- always get at least one seer ability! Use yoour strenghts!
- donīt count on magic, itīs just a support. HE are too expensive to go magic heavy. Skaven and Goblins might be able, but HE donīt.
- HE units have to support each other to work best.

My current 2k list looks something like:
commander on chariot with lion guard, dragon armor, great weapon
commander on eagle with reaver bow, dragon armor, great weapon, enchanted shield
level 2, jewel of dusk, dispel
level 2, seer, dispel

20 spearelves, full command
10 archers
5 silverhelms, heavy armor, lances, shields, musician

2 chariots (commander is mounted on one, so 2 overall)
5 shadow warriors
5 Ellyrian reavers with bows, spears, musician
15 white lions, full command

2 repeater bolt throwers
2 great eagles

This list does fairly well in combat and gives you a lot of tactical flexibility. Itīs most feared foes are:
bretonians- only got a draw as best
skaven-- too few models to withstand all that shooting, same with shooty empire
undead because they canīt be broken in combat and you have to take a lot of fear tests

Against all other armies this list is formidable. Overall my win ratio is slightly above 50%.

Hannibal

ironduke
08-08-2005, 15:44
Bumped

this is my experimental list now for the tale of eight gamers (warhammer edition)

Tobias
09-08-2005, 10:56
Nevermind already rated this list *feels very stupid*