PDA

View Full Version : weres borgut

bluesky322
31-12-2006, 07:23
ok i finally got the new orc and goblin book and they seem to left borgut out so is he sill legal to use or what do ppl know aobut him

Braad
31-12-2006, 10:38
That's some good question. Haven't even thought about it yet. He is in the storm of chaos book, but can we still use the 'ardboyz list, or is that illegal too?
If not, I should think Borguts rules from this nice booklet can still be applied too.

Ow... but some of his rules do not correspond anymore with the new rules...

Murderous Monkey
31-12-2006, 11:08
Borgut is not part of the O & G army book so many tournaments would not allow him from what I've heard here. Apparently Storm of Chaos lists with new rule books are being banned (i.e. Dwarves, Empire and Orcs).

For friendly games why not ask your opponent? I'd certainly allow it if I were playing you (and for the bargain price of 1 hero slot to boot!). You can always create your own version with a basic Black Orc Big Boss if you want, and just use the model (claiming its Borgut) if people don't like the idea.

bluesky322
01-01-2007, 04:14
yea thats what im doing i gave him the best baasha i think thats the right wepon its the one that ups stregth weapon skill and initiative then i gave him the kickin boots for an extra attack

The Judge
01-01-2007, 16:54
I think he has been reduced to a historical character now. GW have said they ain't doing Warhammer Chronicles anymore, so I think you'll have to make him using the current book.

Catferret
02-01-2007, 01:52
Anything printed in Storm of Chaos is no longer Tournament legal but there is nothing stopping you using those rules in friendly games. I still use the Archaon's Mortal list because it fits the theme of my Marauder tribe better.

intellectawe
02-01-2007, 03:36
Anything printed in Storm of Chaos is no longer Tournament legal but there is nothing stopping you using those rules in friendly games. I still use the Archaon's Mortal list because it fits the theme of my Marauder tribe better.

You are generally right about this, BUT, some tournaments still allow SC, which amazes me. I am talking about 2007 GT's here in the US too, not some local tournament!

Catferret
02-01-2007, 05:29
Well, any UK tournament pack for any of the current GTs has said No Storm of Chaos. Not just the Army Lists, but extra stuff like new units or the new Dark Elf Magic Items.

I don't know how the US GTs are run but I'm 100% sure of the UK ruling.

bluesky322
02-01-2007, 06:23
hey what ever happened to the seattle tourny i was about to go see it then i havnt heard of it since

but back to borgut i am to lazy to look but if they dont sell him anymore that would be a good hint as to weather or not he is usable