PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?...

RTB01
31-12-2006, 12:24
I've just started collecting eldar again - it's been a while since 2nd edition! I really like the Iybraesil paint scheme but always wanted an Ulthwé army. So what I'm proposing is that in a 1500 point force i split it roughly down the middle. That way i can paint some of my force as Iybraesil and can use DAs as Ulthwé black guardians and have the best of both worlds. the justification would be along the lines that the Iybraesil force has been decimated by whatever conflict they were involved in and for some unknown reason, (for Ulthwé's benefit) they have to get involved. Is this justifiable or really tenuous?!

jubilex
31-12-2006, 13:13
Justifiable or tenuous? It's both. ;)

RTB01
31-12-2006, 13:28
If it's both then it's justifiable so you've just given me the go ahead! thank you Jubilex :p

Frodo34x
31-12-2006, 14:26
Are you talking in terms of paint scheme or rules? IF it's rules, it's potentially a little dodgy.

Going by paint schemes though, if you think you can pull it off, go for it. I'd try and make the Iybraesil warriors look a lot more battle damaged.

Keravin
31-12-2006, 14:45
In terms of rules the Black Guardians don't exist in the form I think you mean any more.

The new Codex means that there is a single list for the Eldar.

RTB01
31-12-2006, 14:59
I'm aware Black Guardians don't exist which is why I was wanting to use Dire Avengers AS Black Guardians. This way I can use the rules of the Dire Avengers - which are as close as I'm going to get to Black Guardians, and means i can use the models and not go into the realm of using too many aspect warriors which is seemingly frowned upon "these days".

Rules wise i am using the current eldar codex and it should be ok because it all fits within a single force organisation chart. As for the painting it's a good idea to go for the battle damage, cheers!

p.s - just editing this because I'm not sure if my reply comes across as being ar*y - not the intention, just explaining my point,
cheers,

Nick

Frodo34x
31-12-2006, 15:46
In terms of rules the Black Guardians don't exist in the form I think you mean any more.

The new Codex means that there is a single list for the Eldar.
Ah, I see. I havn't wargamed or anything similar for the last year, so I'm slightly out of the loop.