PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Rhinox Cavalry

F_Garrison
31-12-2006, 17:35
Could i use the OGRE RHINOX CAVALRY in my Chaos Army in any way

The Judge
31-12-2006, 17:39
They count as two rare choices. Yes, you can take them.

F_Garrison
31-12-2006, 17:47
Thanks
The rules is in the Ogre Kingdom book right?

samw
31-12-2006, 17:57
Thanks
The rules is in the Ogre Kingdom book right?

Err, no actually, they're in WD and also here (I believe they're the same ones)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/rhinox.pdf

Lord Zarkov
31-12-2006, 17:59
No, it is different in the WD (which came after the Forgeworld rules)

Edit: can't remember if they couldn though, i'll check

Chaos and Evil
31-12-2006, 18:15
The White Dwarf rules are the same except they also allow you to take immature Rhinoxen Riders (Using the scraplauncher model).

Grimtuff
31-12-2006, 18:17
No, it is different in the WD (which came after the Forgeworld rules)

Edit: can't remember if they couldn though, i'll check

Those rules given are identical to the ones in WD actually.

crouching lictor
31-12-2006, 18:38
WD# 307 contains the rules for Rhinox Cavalry.

The Judge
31-12-2006, 19:07
The Forgeworld ones are definately the Bull Rhinox though...

Pricey, especially since I take three!

Arhalien
31-12-2006, 19:14
The Forgeworld ones are definately the Bull Rhinox though...

Pricey, especially since I take three!

6 rare choices? Or is it only 2 rare slots if used as mercenaries?

intellectawe
31-12-2006, 19:17
6 rare choices? Or is it only 2 rare slots if used as mercenaries?

No, he takes one unit of Rinox Riders, which can have up to 3 riders. hence taking three. If you wanted, in an Ogre List, you could take 6 I believe.

gORCUS
31-12-2006, 22:17
They take up 2 rare choices per unit of 1-3 riders in a non-ogre army, and they use up a rare and a special in an ogre army, giving ogres the ability to take two units in a 2000 point list. In the same white dwarf that lists their rules they have an alternate ogre list, the Ironskin Tribe, that could take them as a special choice, pretty cheesy IMO. Take three Bull Rhinox Riders fully upgraded, you know you want to.:D Just point them at your opponent's toughest unit and yell CHARGE, and watch it turn into a fine red mist.

F_Garrison
01-01-2007, 01:30
The rules is legal right or just use between friends

Move Fast Hit Low
01-01-2007, 01:46
if im not mistaken WD rules are considered official

gORCUS
01-01-2007, 19:00
In my experience they've been an "ask permission first" unit, but I've never been told I couldn't use them.

intellectawe
01-01-2007, 19:12
The rules is legal right or just use between friends

They are permission based.

Trust me, I have been denied using my Ogre Army in many tournaments due to this.

Fredrik
01-01-2007, 19:59
How do they work now with the new GW harcore line about rules? If a had the chance i certenly would deny them, they are way to good for their points.

DeathlessDraich
01-01-2007, 20:35
They were legal and did not require consent when first released and then deemed to be too strong and disallowed in some tournaments.
Officially I don't think there's been a ruling.

Having used 3 Rhinox in non-Ogre armies, I think they are killing machines on the charge but the low Ld means they are limited to staying close to the general otherwise they can be easily outmanoeuvred and then slain.

gORCus: just seen your Rhinox models - very impressive. fantastic paint work!

gORCUS
01-01-2007, 21:19
Thanks DeathlessDraich! The RR are pretty *******' powerful, I would like to seem them brought back to being official, even with a point increase. They just bring a little more variety to the OK list. I play mine upgraded to bull rhinox w/ heavy armor, ironfists, and a musician for a total cost of 495 points, alot of eggs in one basket. Being large targets, Ld 7, bad-tempered, taking a special and a rare choice, and having limited manueverability, I can't say that I think they are overpriced, of course I'm not a terribly great tactician and I could see how in the hands of a better general than I that they could be unbalanced. Has anyone played the smaller version, without the bull rhinox upgrade?

gorenut
01-01-2007, 22:16
I was thinking of taking some regular ones, not upgraded to bull. It's easily over 100 pts cheaper than upgrading all of them. Plus they have a smaller flank and it'd be cheaper to convert (buying the GW's Rhinox over Forgeworld's)

Move Fast Hit Low
01-01-2007, 23:57
i had not idea GW made any rhinox, are you referring to the one lugging the scrap launcher?

gORCUS
02-01-2007, 00:19
In the WD with the RR rules it allowed for converted riders on a 50mm base instead of a chariot base. You could use the scrap launcher rhinox, or build one from scratch. They cost 45 points less than a bull rhinox (on a chariot base like the FW models), but are not nearly as scary. I was just curious if anyone tried using them, as opposed to the big guys.