PDA

View Full Version : enchanted shield on a bsb

Doomclaw
31-12-2006, 19:51
I know this question is a bit stupid and in all likehood easily found in either the rulebook or army book but still, can a bretonnian battle standard bearer take an enchanted shield?

vorac
31-12-2006, 20:00
nope, a BSB can only take Magic 1 handed weapons, Magic or mundane armour but no shields eithe mundane or magical. He requires 1 hand to hold the banner and 1 to defend himself.

Rivlo
31-12-2006, 20:00
Can you hold a shield, a huge-**** banner, and a sword/lance all with 2 hands? Didn't think so. :p

greenskin
31-12-2006, 20:51
While it is true that a BSB cannot take the Enchanted Shield, the answers given are incorrect. Even a unit standard bearer can carry all those things, presumably because they are extra tough, have the banner pole strapped to their back or whatever. Also, you have Black Orc characters who can debatably utilize Armed to Da Teef. This would allow a Black Orc BSB to use a Great Weapon or two Choppas while carrying the battle standard.

Kotobuki
01-01-2007, 00:57
The Bretonnian Battle Standard Bearer may not take extra equipment. As such, he has no access to a Mundane Shield. The rules for magic armor tell us that models "not allowed to carry ordinary shields cannot be given magic shields".

Vorac is mistaken on the two handed weapons. There is no rule preventing a BSB from using a two handed weapon, either mundane or magical, unless specified in the unit entry.

Krankenstein
01-01-2007, 09:42
Kotobuki is 100% correct. The rules in question can be found on p.121 of the main rulebook, and p.67 of the Bretonnia army book.

Mephistofeles
01-01-2007, 17:31
So I can give my BSB a great weapon? Sweet...

Don't know why I assumed he couldn't...maybe ´because it doesn't make any sense...

Lord Zarkov
01-01-2007, 17:42
They couldn't in 6th but they can take 2 handed magical weapons in 7th if they forgo their magic banner

They can't take any mundane weapons though

Krankenstein
01-01-2007, 18:19
So I can give my BSB a great weapon? Sweet...

Only if itís an option in your army book. It probably isnít.

I donít know if there are that many cool two-handed magic weapons; Bretonnia have only the Sword of the Quest, and itís not that hot.

Corrupt
01-01-2007, 18:26
Aye, most of them say something like
"The BSB may not take any mundane equipment except light/heavy armour or barding for his steed"