PDA

View Full Version : Fabius In A Night Lords List?

sugarwookie
31-12-2006, 22:55
Just wondering what you guys think. I've been kicking around a few different chapters for a new list and I like the idea of the enhanced warriors a lot. Fabius is sort of a loner, though I know he's had past ties with Emperors Children. I'd like to do him with one of the legions "Non aligned" and undivided. I was thinking Night Lords as well as Alpha Legion, but I already have a huge head start on the NL list.
I'd love some advice on this and I might even do a custom Fabius to fit the army, though I'm a little stuck here as well.
Any input would be appreciated!

Happy NY!
:chrome:

Slaaneshi Slave
31-12-2006, 23:27
Fabius Bile was a member of the Emperors Children, if I am remembering correctly. But he serves nobody anymore, he doesn't even particularly worship Chaos. He works for anybody who can provide him with the material he needs (i.e. slaves) for his experiments, so I can see him with a Night Lords or Alpha Legion army.

Light of the Emperor
31-12-2006, 23:37
I agree with Slaaneshi Slave. Bile lends his services to anyone who can offer him protection and/or provide him with fresh "material". Since Night Lords are masters of terror, its quite plausible they'd enjoy seeing the look of horror on victims faces when they are handed over to Bile.

EarthScorpion
31-12-2006, 23:40
I wouldn't be surprised if he had his own hybrid legion of individuals, to serve as his own personal guard. That would allow you to use your own colour scheme, and you could argue that, if this certain version was him trying a blend with a particualr legion dominant, they could be used as one of the Undivided legions (probably not Word Bearers. Too relgious)

Colonel Max
31-12-2006, 23:41
I think Bile in a Night Lords list would be cool.His "enhancments"would certainly be most welcomed by a NL commander-imagine the terror to be caused!

sugarwookie
01-01-2007, 00:41
Much thankx for the input. I had originally planned a LATD list centered around Fabius, using the two allied troop choices as enhanced and the rest as failed "Mutant" experiements. Basically a list based on his current Crone World.

The problem is that you can't use CSM chracters such as Bile because it states he's only allowed in a Chaos Space Marine list. It's something I can't take a chance on being that I'll probaby take this to Adepticon this year and want it to be 100% legal.

I think you're all right though on the nature of the two working together working well. I guess I'm just trying to figure out how to make him look part of the force as opposed to sticking out like a sore thumb.....

Cheers!

Wookie

vampires are cool!
01-01-2007, 00:52
I wouldn't be surprised if he had his own hybrid legion of individuals, to serve as his own personal guard.

When i did my campaige based on his crone world i wrote an armylist for him; nothing fancy, basicaly codex chaos space marines, but mixing it with L&tD. I did give him access to big mutants as an elites choice as well as units of chaos spawn.
Worked well; was actualy one of my better modifed lists.

EVIL INC
01-01-2007, 01:03
I made up my own color scheme for my chaos army. This way, I am not tied to any particuler list and may choose a different one for each game. This might work well for you as it would allow you to have his own army based upon his creations. The ability to use different lists can easily be explained by him using different "strains" suited to his needs at the moment. This would essentially allow you to have multiple chaos armies with only a few more models normally needed for a single one. Less expensive and more flexible.
Yes, he was once an Emporors Child. If you read the 2nd Horus Heresy book, you will see that he makes an appearance in there.

sugarwookie
01-01-2007, 01:22
Someone told me that he did make an appearance in the series. Is it a brief mention, or did they actually include him in the story some? I've heard nothing but good things about those books, so maybe Ineed to pick them up and give them a good read.

Vamp's r cool nailed it with the LATD list, he fits that list much better in my opinion, but legally I guess he's not an option. It get's a little tricky with the wording, specifically states "Must be used in a CSM army". Technically he would be in with some CSM allies, as is allowed with LATD, but since it's not a 100% CSM list I would probably get the no vote at a RTT, alas, woe issa me!!!!

InquisitorNiels
01-01-2007, 01:26
The Night Lords dont worship chaos at all really, and they have the most pure gene seed (chew on Ultramarines!) of the chaos legions. It would seem to me that Fabius would want NL gene seed for the best results...depending on what he is trying to do of course! It would seem that from a scientific stand point for an experiment you would want a clean slate to see how your modifcations effected the gene. Random mutations would seem to add extra variables to anything he would be doing and thus skew his results. Then again he spends alot of time in the EoT so who knows how he does things!

In fact I plan to include Fabius Bile in my Night Lords fluff. Just seems to me from a logical standpoint that they would be good allies...Fabius gets good gene seed to work with and the Lords of the Night get to add some nasty scary SoB (and I dont mean Sisters of Battle) to add as terror troops. Seems like a good trade for both sides.

sugarwookie
01-01-2007, 01:49
Good point Niels.

The thing is, I have around fourty furies already painted and ready to go. I was thinking about Night Lords as they have raptor cults who enslave the things. I'm not big on the Raptors as they're pretty steep points-wise.

My idea was to include Fabius and enhance 2-3 non-marked units (As per rules) and then have two smaller infiltrating units with marks, or possibly in Rhinos. If you take the Aspiring and give him Demon strength on top of the enhancement and add furious charge, you have a monster in his own right getting S7 on the charge at I6! The rest of the squad would be assaulting at S6 I6, that's just nasteeeee.

The problem I guess I'm faced with is how to make sure these guys get across the table and also having enough icons for the furies. I'm a little worried about the lack of firepower, but with two meltas in each squad they might not be too bad. Most lists I'm seeing locally are more foot slogging, shootie stuff.

Sorry to get off of the topic here, as Fabius needs to fit into this list as well. I justr wanted to interject that I'm going with NL's because of the use of the Furies and extra Fast choice. I originally wanted Alpha legion, but you can't take anything demon-wise unless it's Troop choices which blows my mind when Furies are undivided, LOL!

Thanks again for the input, you guys are making my boring New Years Eve a lot more entertaining.

Peace,

Wookie

jubilex
01-01-2007, 13:44
Sugarwookie, it seems we share a fabius bile fetish! Check out my avatar for proof of this. He is not fabius bile, but nastius vile. Reading this has made me want to get another fabius for my night lords, so thanks for the insipration. A while back I wrote up some fluff for one of my armies that might interest you. Check out the site below. If you do, make sure that you mouseover the pic of vile (the first one on the page). Good luck with it.

sugarwookie
01-01-2007, 15:53
That's a pretty cool little site you have going there. I like the campaign rules and all the other generators you've worked on as well. I also like the color scheme on Bile, nice to see something looking a little different.

I've enjoyed this little forum post a lot as well. I think Fabius is a much overlooked character these days, but when placed in the right force it can get downright vicious. I've always been an assault type player, so wicked nasty CSM's that have the potential to catch even the veteran player off guard make for a lot of fun, LOL!

I'll be playing a proxied game today, or this week at 1,850 and when it's finished I'll give a short battle report to let everyone know who has peeked in with some interest how it went with the Mad Scientist at the helm.

On another note, hope everyone has a wonderful new year!

Wookie:chrome:

InquisitorNiels
01-01-2007, 18:25
He just seems like a nasty little man if you ask me. I have no plans to include him in my army, but seeing as I plan to make my Night Lords untainted by chaos I need a reason to include my possesed. Ill just call them test subjects or something or other. Rending claws are nice so I really want to include them but had no reason too. Problem is I had made a squad well before deciding I wanted a pure army. Now I have a good reason to include them, they fit nicely into my fluff and they are just plain nasty for the army.

My army is going to be very shooting heavy with the CC aspects comming from the fast attacks such as bikers and raptors and maybe a squad that infltrates or jumps in a rhino. Im just glad to see more NL armies out there, I have seen one other since I started mine.

Slaaneshi Slave
01-01-2007, 18:28
Why not just give them fancy combat weapons to represent the rending? No need to be mutants at all.

EDIT: Nvm, you already have the squad. :p

sugarwookie
01-01-2007, 19:19
Yeah, I'm sort of stoked at the idea of making this list as well. Sad thing is our local tourney is next week, and I don't have my core troops so looks like I'll have to use my Speed Freaks instead.

What do you guys think of this for a list?

HQ: Fabius who will ride in one of the Marked squads in their rhino. I want to get him in with a unit of enhanced, but also want the "Juiced" guys infiltrating since the unit is so pricey.

Elite: 3 Oblits for some decent firepower. I also know of one guy who uses the Night Bringer and it'd be nice to have some Lascannons in the fray to help knock him down a few wounds before he get's to me

Troops: 2 ten man squads of enhanced N.Lords. Two Meltas in each squad and an aspiring champ. All warriors have Infiltrate, Furious Charge and Stealth Adept. On an average roll, the boys will have S5 (S6 on charge) and I5 (Also I6 on charge) the aspiring is given Demon strength, visage and mutation for a S7 I6 charge with a pair of lightning claws.

2 Five man squads with Aspiring champ and icon so that the furies would have a focus point to get in on. They're both in Rhinos. Point being to shoot the rhinos up and in cover, dump the men out and sit and wait for the death pigeons to come in

FAST: 4 x 10 fury squads. Cheap and nasty plus I already have them, LOL!

ANy thoughts?

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
02-01-2007, 12:27
Much thankx for the input. I had originally planned a LATD list centered around Fabius, using the two allied troop choices as enhanced and the rest as failed "Mutant" experiements. Basically a list based on his current Crone World.

The problem is that you can't use CSM chracters such as Bile because it states he's only allowed in a Chaos Space Marine list. It's something I can't take a chance on being that I'll probaby take this to Adepticon this year and want it to be 100% legal.

I think you're all right though on the nature of the two working together working well. I guess I'm just trying to figure out how to make him look part of the force as opposed to sticking out like a sore thumb.....

Cheers!

Wookie

so use Alpha legion and lots of cultist and you are set !!!!!

jubilex
02-01-2007, 15:09
Cheers sugarwookie, appreciated. By the way, if you do use the system, any feedback/ideas would be welcome. Jubilex.

InquisitorNiels
03-01-2007, 02:15
Yea, if my army gets big enough I would have used some Dark Elf or Dark Eldar bits to make CSM with some nasty looking pole arms. Think like a spear with blades on both ends, would fit the idea of rending and the extra attack just fine IMO. But for now I need to paint all my basic bolter/bolt pistol&CCW marines before I think about adding anything more.

Ideas I have...
Termis, use the new loyalist plastics and convert them, or even gray knights...I just like the helmets if you must know.

Some cool lord on bike. I think I will convert an attack bike. The rider will be replaced with the lord standing on some sort of platform holding some nasty lance like weapon. Think a chariot for 40k.

Another Dread!

sugarwookie
03-01-2007, 06:12
At the moment I'm trying to think of the bare minimum for survivability would be for units with icons to summon the pigeons in ( Keeping the squads alive til all furies are in on the table).

I'm thinking two small squads in Rhinos with icons (Want to spend most of my points on the CSM enhanced warriors which tops out to around 320 a squad) and or a squad of posessed with talons in a rhino with Fabius.

The posessed would be good for C'tan, Eldar and Dreads with the rending ability. My biggest fear is something with a high toughness with this list. I should be on the enemy by turn two with furies, tying things up for the enhanced to move in, so vehicles aren't so much a concern.
Anyway, just rambling thoughts, any input would be welcome. Oh yeah, went digging through the bits box and actually found my fabius model unassembled. I was so excited I'd saved myself 17 retail on the model that I lost his damned skull staff, LOL! Guess I'll be bitz ordering, the cat probably ate it!

Cheers,

Wookie