PDA

View Full Version : something interesting about future dwarfs

Shoggoth
12-07-2005, 16:45
Taken from Alliance Games Schedule for the next autumn/winter (so this schedule includes also all the WE models,40k BT ones and even LoTR)

"GAW 67-12 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Dwarf Dwarf Army Set"

guess what... :rolleyes: :cool: ...i think this army set will be shipped for the end of December 2005/ january 2006

Any idea about the content? :) ?

orklad
12-07-2005, 16:50
That would be a lovely thing, but would fly in the face of everything I'd heard when I asked about it. GW will only put out batallion boxes if there are 3 plastic units that they can include. The dwarves have 2 (and only if you count dwarf warriors and crossbow dwarves as distinct units).

I'm not thinking it's likely since they'd need more plastic dwarf models for this to happen (even if I REALLY wish it would).

NakedFisherman
12-07-2005, 16:53
It's $215 too, so this means it will be a full army box set. You know, the one with the army book.

New or old is unknown, though.

New plastic Dwarfs are a guarantee I think.

This is great. I should finish my Lizardmen before it's released. Maybe I'll pick up some Dwarfs to fight my Skaven. :P

Edit: As for the 'Starter Set' rumors, I take it they're all done away with perhaps. If Skaven ARE redone next (I'll try to get confirmation at Chicago Games Day) it will perhaps be a full army box like the Dwarfs seem to be getting. Although it is odd considering the Clanrats are still in the battalion box that just was released.

Although, by the time the Skaven are redone, it'll perhaps be a year from when they released that battalion box anyway.

orklad
12-07-2005, 16:55
Rarely have I so hoped that I'm wrong. ;)

I will dance with joy if that's the case, but I've been disappointed often enough by this that I'll believe it when I see it.

It's $215 too, so this means it will be a full army box set. You know, the one with the army book.

New or old is unknown, though.

New plastic Dwarfs are a guarantee I think.

This is great. I should finish my Lizardmen before it's released. Maybe I'll pick up some Dwarfs to fight my Skaven. :P

nurglich
12-07-2005, 18:00
Taken from Alliance Games Schedule for the next autumn/winter (so this schedule includes also all the WE models,40k BT ones and even LoTR)

"GAW 67-12 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Dwarf Dwarf Army Set"
So what else is on the schedule? I always like to know release dates :D

NakedFisherman
12-07-2005, 18:37
So what else is on the schedule? I always like to know release dates :D

Wood Elves, Wood Elves, and Wood Elves. For WHFB, anyway.
Dates aren't given, but the list seems to be in ascending order (ie. first out is at the bottom, which is the Wood Elf Highborn with Great Weapon). Last out before Dwarfs (if it's in ascending order) is the Sisters of Twilight on Forest Dragon.

Zeb
12-07-2005, 18:50
Any mounted mages? And a stag rider perhaps?

NakedFisherman
12-07-2005, 19:21
Here's the list.

++WARHAMMER++

GAW 67-12 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Dwarf Dwarf Army Set $215.00
GAW 92-07 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Sisters of Twilight on Forest Dragon $50.00
GAW 92-08 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Glade Riders $35.00
GAW 92-10 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Treman $45.00
GAW 92-11 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Orion King in the Woods $30.00
GAW 92-12 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Wild Riders $50.00
GAW 92-13 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Eternal Guard Box $35.00
GAW 92-34 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Wardancers $45.00
GAW 92-38 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Wardancers Command $15.00
GAW 92-41 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Eternal Guard $12.00
GAW 92-42 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Spellsingers $12.00
GAW 92-43 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Warhawk Rider $15.00
GAW 92-46 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Wild Rider $10.00
GAW 92-60 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Wardancer Lord $12.00
GAW 92-62 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Wood Elves Lord with Great Weapon $12.00

masp
12-07-2005, 19:56
This is great news hope we have th box in december more than january some I would have something to do during xmas holiday!

Darkfang74
13-07-2005, 05:53
That means it may be ready for pre-oder in October!!! Man if its packed with new minis I may get 2!!!!!

The last dwarf starter box had the best special standard bearer ever, he's even better then the ones you get now!

Wonderful little sod. I have to see what er get this time!!!!

Voss
13-07-2005, 06:21
Wow. My wood elf plans just got nipped in the bud. Maybe when I have some excess money laying around. And time, of course.

I do want to see what they do to the dwarves. I pick up the current book every so often, browse through the fluff, get inspired, then end up drawing up the exact same (rather boring) army list, sigh and put it away again.

If the army was just a touch more dynamic, while staying traditional.

LeBeauMort
13-07-2005, 07:10
Wow. This is big news. The first hard evidence we've seen. :cool:

Interestingly, this may also give credence to the following rumour:

Originally Posted by Barin (over at Bugman's Brewery)
On press-conference GW reps informed that they're going to rework dwarf and skaven books first, before 7th edition will happen.

That means we may see the re-done Skaven before the traditional fall release time slot for 7th edition :eek:

Infrared
13-07-2005, 16:20
I hate to be the one to rain on your parade, but hte "Dwarf Dwarf" Army Deal is actually a mistype that's supposed to say "Wood Elf", hence the double "dwarf". That's also why the WE stuff is bundled with that release. The Dwarf army box has not been put together yet, and is still being worked on.

However, you should see it in a January Release as speculated. And I know i'm kinda new to the forums as far as posting, but the information is reliable.

NakedFisherman
13-07-2005, 16:30
I hate to be the one to rain on your parade, but hte "Dwarf Dwarf" Army Deal is actually a mistype that's supposed to say "Wood Elf", hence the double "dwarf". That's also why the WE stuff is bundled with that release. The Dwarf army box has not been put together yet, and is still being worked on.

However, you should see it in a January Release as speculated. And I know i'm kinda new to the forums as far as posting, but the information is reliable.

So they're releasing special characters before plastic boxed sets? Huh?

On top of that, it says 'Dwarf Dwarf' because it's part of the Dwarf range. It's saying 'Category: Dwarf' 'Item: Dwarf Army Set'.

That's why the Wood Elf items say 'Wood Elf Treman'. It's not saying the Treeman is a Wood Elf, but rather the range it should be stocked with.

Edit: This is also the release schedule for autumn/winter 2005. The Wood Elf army box does not come out during that time. It's the Dwarf army box.

Narandil
13-07-2005, 16:54
but the WE army box is already out!
@infrared, do you know if the warriors will be redone?

Quetzl
13-07-2005, 20:51
I think that NakedFisherman is correct as it does say under most ranges that same thing. But I think its a bit early to start guessing what plastics are going to be released until we get some info. But I think because the Dwarfs are similar looking in unit types, it wouldn't surprise me if the Warriors could become Miners, Ranger and blah blah super regiment set. As it would be logical... On top of that, I think a plastic Cannon set would be logical and then anything else is a guess as good as any.

The boyz
13-07-2005, 21:15
Ideal, I hope they do bring out a new army box for the Dwarves that would be well good.

Darkfang74
13-07-2005, 21:50
I agree. I want to see a Heavy armor set for warriors/long beards and a light armor set for rangers, missle troops, and miners

I could care less about a plastic cannon, it's look the same and prolly cost more then the metal one x.x

Blast you GW

Lion El Jason
13-07-2005, 22:23
Hehe... I saw this thread about "Future Dwarfs" and for some reason thought about Squats :D

Griefbringer
13-07-2005, 22:27
And I know i'm kinda new to the forums as far as posting, but the information is reliable.

Care to be more specific about the source? I have heard everyone and their deaf grandmother's dog called as a reliable source.

kanluwen
13-07-2005, 22:58
See, if he's too specific about the source--Source gets canned and he loses his source. Just take all information with a grain of salt, and hope.

rkunisch
14-07-2005, 10:17
...and you can always confirm it with a look into your crystal ball. ;)

Have fun,

Rolf.

Infrared
14-07-2005, 15:21
Sorry, the Dwarf Dwarf thing was merely a joke. However, there will be a Dwarf Box out probably right before christmas, as were the Ogre Kingdoms last year. I'm assuming that most people just wanted to confirm that Dwarfs are indeed next after the Black Templar Release for 40K. We'll probably see some new dwarf minis floating around on the net in about 3 months. I haven't seen them yet, but i was told that they were going to make a warrior box with something like Longbeard heads, different weapons, and a few other options to make the specialized units out of a plastic box. I don't know all the details as to whats what, but that's still being worked on.

An yes, my source is more reliable than my grandmother's dog. And, as stated, no, I cannot say other than that I know a few people that work for GW higher than managers on that "rumour chain". Besides, GW loves rumours, so i'll say no more and let you all speculate :)

Narandil
14-07-2005, 15:41
one question. Is it just plastics or metals as well?

xowainx
14-07-2005, 16:14
I'd be willing to bet my soul that the full army box contains metal and plastic models.

Narandil
14-07-2005, 16:18
But new or old? I'm assuming new, but you never can be sure with GW...............

metro_gnome
14-07-2005, 18:18
just a quick question...

does anyone know what is meant by "dwarf dwarf" in the listing?
could it be a dwarf vs chaos dwarf starter box? ;)

NakedFisherman
14-07-2005, 19:11
just a quick question...

does anyone know what is meant by "dwarf dwarf" in the listing?
could it be a dwarf vs chaos dwarf starter box? ;)

Already been explained.

Narandil
14-07-2005, 21:33
It should be Dwarf: dwarf army set

xowainx
15-07-2005, 08:43
But new or old? I'm assuming new, but you never can be sure with GW...............

When have Games Workshop ever released a proper boxed army set without it containing at least one new set of models?

Narandil
15-07-2005, 10:05
Good point. But this is all new, we've never seeen an army with an army book updated before have we

Lady's Champion
15-07-2005, 16:25
As now confirmed there will be a whole new range of dwarf models apparently only the gyrocopter isn't being redo (see roundup)

Voss
15-07-2005, 18:11
@Narandil- Not in this edition, but theres plenty of precedent in the changeover from the previous edition books and in the 40K revisions.
We can anticipate some of the things GW will do. Heavy plastic presence, metal characters, etc.