PDA

View Full Version : How to handle khorne chosen

mightygnoblar
01-01-2007, 14:00
Im having a 750pt game against my friend later, in which i know for a fact that im going to come up against the dreaded chosen warriors of khorne with two hand weapons and shield equip with the banner of rage, and i was just wondering how in general you would deal with such threat in such a small points game

the army i am using is found here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62712)

Neknoh
01-01-2007, 14:09
the Cluster of Radiants add Dispell Dice, right?

mightygnoblar
01-01-2007, 14:16
firstly this is just a tester game to see how the army fairs, i am planning to use it in an all comers campaign taking place at our local store, and secondly i fully expect his army to contain a chaos sorcceror or bray shaman

Finnigan2004
01-01-2007, 14:32
You could probably just avoid that unit. Frenzied warriors of Khorne could spend the entire game chasing your wild riders, depending on the other units he had and whether they could deal with this tactic. I think that avoiding ranked up warriors with four attacks each would probably work best for you though.

Latro
01-01-2007, 14:36
Avoiding it will be very hard since none of your units can flee from the charge. So the only way to use their frenzy against them would be to stand within range ... receive the charge and get chopped to tiny pieces.

Your best chance is to avoid where possible, sacrifice a cheap Dryad unit to pull it out of position and ignore it for the rest of the battle.

Neknoh
01-01-2007, 14:38
Wild Riders are Immune to Psychology, and you do NOT want them charged by Chosen of Khorne.

Use your Wildriders to take out his support units whilst darting past him with the dryads, then, when the chosen are the only unit left, charge the Wildriders into the flank and swarm him with Dryads, then, pray

Finnigan2004
01-01-2007, 16:20
Ah, forgot that they are immune to psychology. In that case, probably best to just avoid the chosen altogether. They can't lose their frenzy, they reroll break tests, and they'll annihilate anything in that army with four strength four, ws 5 attacks.

mightygnoblar
01-01-2007, 23:10
played the game earlier on and it went a lot better than i thought it would, the big chosen unit the rest of his army small and so i had no choice but to engage it but with a rear charge from the wild riders and frontal charge from the dryads coupled with horendous bad luck on his behalf, (two chosen fell to horses and in two round of combat he failed to kill a single wild rider) i managed to break the unit and win the game

Highborn
02-01-2007, 03:52
Don't forget that more bodies isn't necessarily better. Dryads will be outfought when engaging Khornate chosen, and adding them to the mix will just increase the Chaos player's combat resolution by giving him some easy kills.

To spend the extra points in your list, consider adding a Pageant of Shrikes to your Branchwraith. 3+ to hit, at S4, will help you deal with any enemy mages quite efficiently.

Von Wibble
02-01-2007, 20:00
I would use Eagles and a 5 man scout unit as bait for charges. In the scouts case if they can do this from a wood all the better!

Tutore
02-01-2007, 21:39
You had luck. I always have some distraction to use against heavy troops. Fast cavalry for example. Or eagles.

Malleus8
05-01-2007, 15:30
artillery and shooting, lots and lots of both. and more distance than two feuding lovers!