PDA

View Full Version : how to beat tombkings at a 1k level ?

bobert the great clen one
01-01-2007, 17:46
hello fellow warseers i am coming up agsint a friend soon and i would like to know any tactics against tombkings ?

i am useing dwarfs and am useing a cannon , a organ gun a thane plus ironbreaker body guard backed up by warriors and thunderes

he will probably be useing a screaming skull catapult chariots archers and blocks of warriors

Neknoh
01-01-2007, 18:03
You will want runesmiths
Let him use Smiting
DONT let him use Summoning or Urgency

01-01-2007, 18:12
shall i swap out the thane for a runesmith then? if so what should i equip the runesmith with?

Neknoh
01-01-2007, 18:15
I am not that adept in the usage of dwarfs, all I know is that you will want to be able to stop some of his spells so that you slow down his army

FlylikeaMouse
01-01-2007, 19:25
Any tips on chaos Vs TKs?

Im thinking a Khorne mortal army for the extra dispel dice and a few units of marauders to prevent unwanted frenzy charges.

What do you do about stonethrower/giant/scorpion?

DeathlessDraich
01-01-2007, 20:56
1) Anvil of Doom deployed in the middle of woods in your half will be frustrating for a TK army. Knockout the SSC early with this and/or your cannon. His characters will be forced to stay in units but if they do stray away Anvil them!

2) Thunderers will be effective in thinning his units and forcing him to use magic to summon them back instead of magically charging.

3) You'll need a Dragon Slayer on his own or with a very small unit of Slayers plus 1 or 2 Giant Slayers. Position them close to the Warmachine his Scorpion is targetting. Destroy the Scorpion and then use this unit to hold his Tomb Guard unit if you can.

4) Combine Miners with the Anvil to flank charge a small unit. It is likely that a TK play will use a refused flank in deployment.

5) You'll need 1 or 2 Spellbreaking runes as extra precaution against TK magic.

Unclejo
01-01-2007, 21:05
Seriously, at 1k points don't be worrying about all those fancy units, the TK player has to include both a Liche and a Tomb Prince. Keep your characters cheap and your numbers high and he'll have serious issues.

Von Wibble
01-01-2007, 21:25
I agree. I always think that TK are very weak in games below 1500 pts, because they can't do enough with their characters to improve their units, and they have to spend a lot on characters for lord and hierophant.

DirtJumper
01-01-2007, 23:14
Yea, against TK at 1000, you should be able to run him over with just about anby army. TK are fragile and with only 1000 points and a huge reliance on characters they just can't get enough in the list to be able to work properly.

01-01-2007, 23:34
ok ty guys link to list ill use

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1185204#post1185204