PDA

View Full Version : Rikka Rakka's Goblin Log!

Rikka Rakka
01-01-2007, 20:18
Hey there!

Just started digging into my Skull Pass set with the express intention of starting a Goblin Army! First up on my little painting list is the following:-

1 Night Goblin Shaman,

20 Night Goblin Spearmen with Command

3 Fanatics

Well first up is a picture of the Shaman that ive completed. I have a rank of five Gobbo's half done as well, ill post images of them as they crawl toward completion over the next few days!

Any comments appreciated and I hope you enjoy my future ramblings and work!

^_^
01-01-2007, 20:23
Yeah, I love well done Goblin Armies, keep up the nice work.

Rikka Rakka
01-01-2007, 20:41
Thanks! LIke I say, its only one model but I should have more to post tomorrow or the day after!

Rikka Rakka
01-01-2007, 21:06
By the way, if anyone could tell me how to post my pics in the post rather than as a thumb then i'd be grateful!

Princess Faye
01-01-2007, 21:26
wow
i really love ur shaman, very well painted. nice clear photo 2! cant wait 2 c more pix!!!:skull:

Brimstone
01-01-2007, 21:49
wow
i really love ur shaman, very well painted. nice clear photo 2! cant wait 2 c more pix!!!:skull:

Princess Faye, please less of the 'text speak' and more English in future please, we have a lot of non English speakers on Warseer, they and myself have trouble understanding a word you are saying.

The Warseer Inquisition

Astador
01-01-2007, 21:50
To post it in the post, upload them to photobucket and select the link with the image tag under it. Paste it to Warseer in your post.

Chris_Tzeentch
01-01-2007, 23:17
I like the flame design on the robes.

Rikka Rakka
02-01-2007, 00:19
Thanks!Ill try and upload the next pics in the post!More pics tomorrow for definate!

Astador
02-01-2007, 00:30
Good luck! Can't wait to see more!

Rikka Rakka
02-01-2007, 17:31
OK, heres a rank of five that im batching. They look really dark at the minute cause none of the brighter details have been picked out. Hopefully they'll be finished by tomorrow. Then I can start another rank...and another...:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the comments by the way. All I ask is if you do vote in my poll, just give me a few words to explain your vote! I cant improve otherwise!

^_^
02-01-2007, 17:51
is 1 good or bad? :confused:

Arcane_Blade
02-01-2007, 17:51
These are looking very nice, very smooth painting. I'll wait until later for any more comments, when there is more progress. For now, they look real nice, I can't really think how to improve them. By the way, on the poll, is 5 the best? Or is it the other way round? Most consider 5 to be the highest.

Rikka Rakka
02-01-2007, 17:56
I'm very sorry, I should have put a scale on it. 1 is crap, 5 is good. Hope that helps!Ill see if I can edit the poll later!

Now leave me alone! Im going to go paint!:D

^_^
02-01-2007, 18:00
painting is a good idea :D

Rikka Rakka
02-01-2007, 22:22
OK, I'm just taking some pics to put on! Brace yourselves!

Rikka Rakka
02-01-2007, 22:33
OK. It might not look like much has been done considering the time I've had but I am a very methodical painter to say the least!

All that remains to be done on these guys is the metal, basing and Purity Seal. I'll attend to that tomorrow and then try to take the nicest clearest picture that I can!

Until then, enjoy and please comment!You've all been dead supportive and its really spurring me on! ;)

Princess Faye
02-01-2007, 23:02
Its good to see how you achieved the final result on your shaman by looking at the work in progress on your rank and file.You've got a really fluid style which lends itself well to these models,you really know how to get the best out of them.

Rikka Rakka
03-01-2007, 18:09
Sorry, been ages finishing these five off!Ive been messing around with the bandages wrapped round the spear haft. On the picture they are red but ive gone for a more bleached boney kind of tone.

SHould be based and finished then back on for tonight or tomorrow. Thankyou all warseers for your votes, patience, interest and support!

Destris
03-01-2007, 19:55
Could we have a tutorial on the green skin please? These look awesome. I gave them 5 :D.
Steve

Rikka Rakka
03-01-2007, 20:13
Ive spent the last seven months or so perfecting that skin tone over various models. On my next batch Ill do a photo tutorial for you but it'll be a few days.

Ill be happy to spare anyone the pain that me, a few Gorka Morka grots and a few tins of paint stripper went through! :cries:

Destris
03-01-2007, 20:20
Ive spent the last seven months or so perfecting that skin tone over various models. On my next batch Ill do a photo tutorial for you but it'll be a few days.

Ill be happy to spare anyone the pain that me, a few Gorka Morka grots and a few tins of paint stripper went through! :cries:

Thanks mate, no rush. Now let me see if I can fit that last bit into my sig somewhere..
Steve

EDIT: Sigged and dusted :D.

Rikka Rakka
03-01-2007, 21:19
Anything for a fellow yorkshireman!:D

Mephistofeles
03-01-2007, 21:59
Those are nice gobbos...I feel I have seen that technique before.

Just to ask: Your name doesn't happen to be Paul, does it?

Rikka Rakka
03-01-2007, 22:08
No, my names Ricky! Hence Rikka Rakka which was the name of my belated Warboss on Medusa 5!

Sorry to dissapoint!

Rikka Rakka
04-01-2007, 01:58
Just sorting bases now. THey have to have about four layers of snow for a nice fat bump! Pics tomorrow and I stress again, If youre gonna vote in the poll, take the time to leave a comment!

Mephistofeles
05-01-2007, 00:48
Haha, not dissapointing, just nice to see more people doing as sweet gobbos as you do! I really like 'em, can't wait for the bases!

Princess Faye
05-01-2007, 03:23
i totally agree, gobbo armies are amazing when painted as smooth as this.:cool:

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
05-01-2007, 13:08
Nice gobbos, I like their skin. They get a 4 from us, keep us updated.

Greetz
G

Rikka Rakka
05-01-2007, 19:15
Well, heres the final shot of the first rank. Ive put em with the Shaman so you can see the whole lot together. Next up is another rank plus one, so six gobbos next!

Also as I go through this rank ill be taking extra pictures for a skin tutorial. THe green looks different on the photos, its actually worked up from Snot Green, but youll see for yourself on the tutorial!

Keep your posts coming as theyre really encouraging and thankyou for all your kindness up to now!;)

Princess Faye
05-01-2007, 22:24
wow,these are shaping up to be a nice tidy green horde!i want to see more!

Rikka Rakka
09-01-2007, 21:18
Just to let anyone who's interested know, I AM still working on this! I'm tidying up a movement tray now and by the end of the week I should have another rank and the tutorial up.

Keep your kindness coming!

Voronwe[MQ]
10-01-2007, 09:58
We will. Now go paint some more!

Voronwe